Uncovering the Reasons Behind Somalia's Lagging Development: Insights from a Somali Professor

Mr. Nur

Aspiring Somali CEO ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด

What do you guys think about this video I think he's 100% right we need end clanism/qabilism InshAllah to forward ourself as the next generation especially the somali youth. Learn and explain your thought on the video.

Mr. Nur

I have washed so many videos about this uncle and learn more things about what and who us somalis are and what were good at and more. I really encourage the youth to take some time during the day and learn something new about what somalia is able to do we have more information just from the professor who actually teaching young somalis about their cultrure their deen and who they are and what they can do to leanr about their country. I think he was teacher in Somalia since the fall of siad berre regime or even more but he has some big brain power ngl.

GemState

36/21
VIP
Somalia is always going to be relatively poor even compared to most African countries. If you ran a computer simulation on Somalia a billion times, on average there'd always be a cap on the level of development that's much lower than the likes of DRC/Sudan/Tanzania due to a limitation on natural resources.

Even bigger more violent hellholes like the DRC, South Sudan or the Central African Republic have vastly bigger prospects than us due to that. Somalia's biggest issue isn't terrorism or tribalism, the root of all it's issues is that it's a stupidly resource poor nation, of course you have to work with what you have, but it is what it is.

Somalia really needed all of Somaliweyne in 1960 to stand a chance.

Somalia is recovering where some of the regions are building ports, roads, dams, etc. Even places where people didn't use to farm, they're now focusing on creating sand dams and started farming. Good things are happening back home.

Somalia is always going to be relatively poor even compared to most African countries. If you ran a computer simulation on Somalia a billion times, on average there'd always be a cap on the level of development that's much lower than the likes of DRC/Sudan/Tanzania due to a limitation on natural resources.

Even bigger more violent hellholes like the DRC, South Sudan or the Central African Republic have vastly bigger prospects than us due to that. Somalia's biggest issue isn't terrorism or tribalism, the root of all it's issues is that it's a stupidly resource poor nation, of course you have to work with what you have, but it is what it is.

Somalia has resouces dumbo

t
I have washed so many videos about this uncle and learn more things about what and who us somalis are and what were good at and more. I really encourage the youth to take some time during the day and learn something new about what somalia is able to do we have more information just from the professor who actually teaching young somalis about their cultrure their deen and who they are and what they can do to leanr about their country. I think he was teacher in Somalia since the fall of siad berre regime or even more but he has some big brain power ngl.
this the guy who claimed we're banu fircoon right? :russ:
glad to see a somali odey who isnt limited by fkd though.
seen a couple of his vids too

I hear galmudug has uranium deposits.

Mr. Nur

t

this the guy who claimed we're banu fircoon right? :russ:
glad to see a somali odey who isnt limited by fkd though.
seen a couple of his vids too
i think the abti meant to say we traded with them or smth like that but who knows lol we do look the same u know that in cultrure and us being the most cushitic country of 80%+ more than oromo,habesha,beja,afar,harars,amahra and etc

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
ceeb culture isnt exclusive to us. only naagaha will sell fruits. somali men wont even buy fruit let alone sell it alone nor cook it, he wont even touch it if its not on a plate. i've never been inside a kitchen in Somalia.
1682653736631.png

Resources are not always important. Investing in technology and educating your population is more important. Utilizing human capital is how places like Japan, Israel, South Korea became rich. In fact one could argue resources are a trap unless you have a highly centralized power like the gulf states.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
ceeb culture isnt exclusive to us. only naagaha will sell fruits. somali men wont even buy fruit let alone sell it alone nor cook it, he wont even touch it if its not on a plate. i've never been inside a kitchen in Somalia. View attachment 269115
Guess what โ€ฆ culture can change. Just take a look at american culture in 2000โ€™s and now. Things people would get clowned for then now get promoted.

With a strong government who has workers that go out and educate people on tabooโ€™s and qabilism. In a couple years the mindset of the nation would change.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
@Internet Nomad walao what are thoughts on video? I know you have more knowledge in somali history/culture
It was an very insightful video i am gonna check out his other videos. His point about Rwanda hit the nail on the head 100%. If they were able to bounce back from 2 different ethnicities genociding each other. What excuse do we have as the same people.

If i was the current gov i would try and heal the wounds before building up a unified Somalia.