UK School Forces Somali Girl to Dress Immodestly

She has been wearing that skirt for years. And she is 12 now. Maybe they could have enforced that rule when she was younger because children don’t have to wear hijab. I would have supported that decree because it’s important to let kids be kids. But 12 is nearing age of understanding so that ruling is BS.

Forcing little girls to wear mini skirts is disgusting & gives major pedo vibes! The parents shouldn't send their kids to a school like that anyway. They did agree to all the rules when they brought their child to that school so unfortunately, the school probably has the upper hand in this case.

I hope they don't face charges.

Forcing little girls to wear mini skirts is disgusting & gives major pedo vibes! The parents shouldn't send their kids to a school like that anyway. They did agree to all the rules when they brought their child to that school so unfortunately, the school probably has the upper hand in this case.

I hope they don't face charges.

They can move her to a new school or say they will exclusively homeschool their daughter. Their are alternatives if the school is not budging in their policy.

Last edited:
‘I feel confused and annoyed that I can’t wear what I want for my religion’

Umm what? The school allows trousers. Islam doesn't specifically say "long skirt" and trousers are pretty modest. I'm sure the Quran has no problems with a female or especially kid wearing pants. I don't know why the parents think forcing a 12 year old girl to wear a long skirt in school is ok when it could be a safety hazard in school. What about gym classes? How productive will she be in a long skirt trying to play basketball? The parents are a problem. The school also looks completely white, not a good environment for the girl.

Last edited:
The school knows they have the upper hand here, it’s part of their rules and there won’t be much support from the other parents too.

Last edited:

Reborn
Haven't you guys ever been to school?
If you don't follow school dress code from a specific supplier then you can't wear it period (even short skirts/uniform from other suppliers).However, as the supplier doesn't offer skirts that meet her needs then she's has the right to lodge a complaint for not fulling her needs which is also affecting her studies and now relations with the school!

What a stupid school.

Is she the only Muslim at the school what are the other Muslim girls wearing? Idk how it’s like in the uk but in America if the school is in a Muslim neighbourhood then they would do certain things to appease to the community they serve... such as prayer rooms halal food etc.
if that’s the school policy parents can always send their kids to another school
Someone said there’s an option for short skirts or pants so she can always wear loose pants if parents want a long skirt switch schools. This poor girls face is plastered all over the internet she’s doesn’t need this extra attention.... I imagine administrators and staff would also turn on her. At least in America we have freedom of religion so in public schools Muslim kids are protected. Private school is another thing tho either you follow their rules or don’t attend.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Hand on the Kitab I thought this would be be in one of them stereotypical White neighbourhood schools in London. Only to find it the school is in Uxbridge :drakekidding:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Hand on the Kitab I thought this would be be in one of them stereotypical White neighbourhood schools in London. Only to find it the school is in Uxbridge :drakekidding:

This is what I thought, as it would have be more resistance to this rule. Most Muslim/Somali girls HAS no options except for that maxi skirt, so it was weird, especially Uxbridge out of all schools.

What was it like at the time ?

Last time I remember this man was the deputy head till Peter lang the former headteacher retired in 2013. Nobody liked him back then, he acted as the principal than the principal himself. Removed my brother from the school trip for some petty ass reason.

The policies in the school went a lot stricter throughout the years. So not wearing a longer skirt was a shocker to me, because it wasn't an issue when I was in school and now there are more Somalis/Muslims going to that school than before, so why now? Man idk lol.

Don't you UK Somalis have strong organization that addresses issues like these? It is best to use the system to achieve your goals and fight for your community. In America, bs like these wouldn't fly and Somali kids are given a space for Friday prayer much less mess with their dress.

‘I feel confused and annoyed that I can’t wear what I want for my religion’

Umm what? The school allows trousers. Islam doesn't specifically say "long skirt" and trousers are pretty modest. I'm sure the Quran has no problems with a female or especially kid wearing pants. I don't know why the parents think forcing a 12 year old girl to wear a long skirt in school is ok when it could be a safety hazard in school. What about gym classes? How productive will she be in a long skirt trying to play basketball? The parents are a problem. The school also looks completely white, not a good environment for the girl.
You prolly wore plimsels and jogging bottoms and grew up with 10 brothers and couldn't go 10 mins playing sport without sounding like this

Last edited:

Trending