UK parliament to discuss recognition of Somaliland

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Periplus confederation is still under the one nation model that the world expects of Somalia, it's nothing like secession that is out of touch with the world and Somalis in general. Besides I promote a Hybrid system.

Full autonomy for JL/PL
Limited autonomy for GM/HS/SW
Tribal reserves for Gedo n Sool and other undecided people. We must study native indian reservation laws.

Having multiple systems in one nation is better then a one size fits all system that your preaching as they can be benchmarked to see what system works better for the people, where-as one size fits all only leads to political instability and conflict because not everyone is happy. A hybrid system keeps everyone happy without forcing your will onto others and can allow us to co-exist to achieve development.

I am totally against the idea of Somalis being in political deadlock and a Hybrid system could end that.

@DR OSMAN I think federalism is a better system for Somalia than confederation but to prevent FGS abuses Somalia shouldn't have a military. Let us subcontract our national defence to America and we can, like Costa Rica, have no military in order to have one country that is at peace with itself as well as with its neighbours

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@DR OSMAN I think federalism is a better system for Somalia than confederation but to prevent FGS abuses Somalia shouldn't have a military. Let us subcontract our national defence to America and we can, like Costa Rica, have no military in order to have one country that is at peace with itself as well as with its neighbours

I have nothing against HS/GM/SW but the SFG is clearly trying to create a weak federalism with these states and then wants to force PL/JL to cede to such system, this is going to lead to political conflict n instability, it's been on-going now this political deadlock since 2012 when HSM was elected. That is 10 years wasted, I am sick of losing decades to such matters that can be resolved thru a HYBRID system, if u guys truly believe in mogadishu having more powers then your states, I respect that FOR YOU and YOUR PPL, but this doesn't mean my people and their will has to be neglected.

That's why I call for cooler heads to reach a comprise and create a model that can satisfy all sides of the debate(weak n strong federalism), while ensuring a one nation model.

That's why as Somalis rather then fighting each other like we do and ending in silly stalemates, why not look at how all sides of the political coin can be accomodated so we can move beyond this constant deadlocks.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@InaShaqalle as the diaspora we shouldn't even be involved in politics either. We must ensure only dal-jog ppl consist of the government where-ever possible. We shud only get involved to industrialize and train these ppl to throw away they're manual method of economy, we shud also get involved in setting up their govt 'system', best practises, policies, implementation models and the legal architecture and any 'road maps' needed. We should be ensuring they are working within a system that can allow them to succeed. We must provide only the expertise and then let them lead themselves.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Change the thread title to “UK parliament considering recognising @Periplus having a six-inch penis”.

A23E969E-C355-489C-A4BD-3B978F5C45A5.jpeg

that's already the case, try entering somaliland with a somalia license plate, they rip it off at the border or tell you to keep it inside and make you go into town and buy a somaliland plate to put on you're car.

there's a big trade imbalance where somaliland allows their products to enter somalia through the land border / customs but doesn't allow it the other way
This is why I sad isaaqs are living in a total fantasy of self sufficiency. I am not exaggerating one bit when I saw their entire economy is sustained by Somalia proper. All their hawalas & telecom companies would be bankrupt without their free access to market in Somalia.

The fgs has not even begun to apply economic pressure on somaliland. I have a lot more to say on this topic but will add later.

i can’t be bothered debating your rambles here but I’ll emphasise again I never spoke for you & neither do you speak for “south Somalia”. And I never claimed “south Somalia” hates Puntland, I was talking about those that do and who are likely a small minority.

You right I dont speak for south Somalia i speak for banadir and its environs.
As a banadiri native I share no dhaqan, language even diet of food with these northern ppl nor with you. we are different ethnicities,
Fact is i and my ppl will not lose anything we will actually gain a proper and fair representation for all including our Muslim brothers we call 0.5.

This system we have right now gives more power to ppl from waaqoyie galbeed,sanaag then bantu somalis , raxanweyne ,midhibaans ,barvanese, banadiri cad cad who contribute more to the nation then the northerners.

With this corrupt system someone from Ethiopia who speaks somali and identifies as somali can become a deputy Prime minister thanks to this 4.5 power sharing

Let me remind you what you said .

One thing I’ve noticed is south Somali’s that are pro Somaliland independence are 99% politically motivated out of spite against Puntland

Befor you call me buntland hater just know i Also support Puntland exit

I'm a supportive person 😀

Good grant Somaliland full independence with her borders intact. The failed state of Somalia has been holding her back for decades, let her gain international recognition, diplomatic channels and foreign investment. She may outperform Djibouti, and could be a great ally to Somalia in the international arena if Koonfurians play their card right.
This is not the first time this has been debated. It is now the 3rd time.
Let's put things into perspective.

Apollo

VIP
I have become pro-Somaliland as well, seeing how hopeless Somalia is.

Wish them all the best.

Hope the Horn Balkanizes in a ton of small officially recognized UN member-state countries.

Viva Tigray, Viva Somaliland.

Trending