UK parliament to discuss recognition of Somaliland

GemState

36/21
VIP
A lot of people here aren't familiar with the UK it seems, you can literally get anything debated in Parliament, all you need is 100k online signatures or an MP to raise the petition. It doesn't lead anywhere or is a indication of government policy.

this makes zero sense at all.

why would south Somali’s willingly choose to be regarded as foreigners in north Somalia, and be required to pass a border crossing and have a valid visa?

Can you think of a single country in the world that would allow 1/3 of their country secede? Would a nation wide referendum in Turkey give away eastern truely to the Kurds? Would a nationwide referendum in Spain give Catalonia independence? Would a nationwide referendum in India give Kashmir and the sikhs independence? What a silly statement. And all the examples mentioned are regions that have populations with different ethnicities & languages yet that is still impossible.

One thing I’ve noticed is south Somali’s that are pro Somaliland independence are 99% politically motivated out of spite against Puntland. If Deni was a Faarmajo lapdog they wouldn’t be pro Somaliland. So pathetic.

A referendum for independence in Sool, Sanaag, Awdal regions alone wouldn’t pass yet alone the whole Somalia.

Dude have you been living under a rock ? The somalilanders from lascanood already rounded up southerners and kicked them out from their lands . There arent any southerners in somaliland

Southern somalis are seen as foreigners in the north.

One thing I’ve noticed is south Somali’s that are pro Somaliland independence are 99% politically motivated out of spite against Puntland

your being paranoid now , nobody in the south hates puntland . Puntland students travelled to xamar and some even live in xamar .

The old folks in banadir that cared about unity are all dying off , the young generation of reer banadir would love for somaliland to get independence . If the northerners leave that means this sham 4.5 sharing system will be done with and a knew democratic system will be established.

Dude have you been living under a rock ? The somalilanders from lascanood already rounded up southerners and kicked them out from their lands . There arent any southerners in somaliland

Southern somalis are seen as foreigners in the north.

One thing I’ve noticed is south Somali’s that are pro Somaliland independence are 99% politically motivated out of spite against Puntland

your being paranoid now , nobody in the south hates puntland . Puntland students travelled to xamar and some even live in xamar .

The old folks in banadir that cared about unity are all dying off , the young generation of reer banadir would love for somaliland to get independence . If the northerners leave that means this sham 4.5 sharing system will be done with and a knew democratic system will be established.

i can’t be bothered debating your rambles here but I’ll emphasise again I never spoke for you & neither do you speak for “south Somalia”. And I never claimed “south Somalia” hates Puntland, I was talking about those that do and who are likely a small minority.

PL leadership constantly interferes in our affairs and is a threat to central governance. They are the poison that brought us the Woyane inspired federalism, AMISOM and Kamapala agreement. SL doesnt interfere in our affairs or sabotage Mogadishu. SL doesnt comment on JL affairs. They have done no harm to Southern Somalis. Why should we stand in their way?
But would those centralist aspirational dreams you believe in survive without amisom for 10 min in Xamar ?

Yusuf M

PuntExit
If we held a nation wide referendum only two groups will oppose SL recognition, Deni and PL who wish to control Harti Wuqooyi seats an share in the state, and obviously some Harti Wuqooyi who wish to create their own FMS seperate from both PL and SL. Koonfurians like myself would give zero fucks about SL independence lmao.
Would you support PL independence/recognition if it declared Independence from Somalia?

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
Would you support PL independence/recognition if it declared Independence from Somalia?
I support Puntexit are you pretending to not know that ? PL is currently a steal secessionist state, come out of the closet nobody cares about the desert parasite state.
50 cent laughing GIF

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The UK parliament will announce my dick is six inches if I get enough signatures.

Doesn’t mean my dick is six inches or that the UK government genuinely believes it.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
this makes zero sense at all.

why would south Somali’s willingly choose to be regarded as foreigners in north Somalia, and be required to pass a border crossing and have a valid visa?

Can you think of a single country in the world that would allow 1/3 of their country secede? Would a nation wide referendum in Turkey give away eastern truely to the Kurds? Would a nationwide referendum in Spain give Catalonia independence? Would a nationwide referendum in India give Kashmir and the sikhs independence? What a silly statement. And all the examples mentioned are regions that have populations with different ethnicities & languages yet that is still impossible.

One thing I’ve noticed is south Somali’s that are pro Somaliland independence are 99% politically motivated out of spite against Puntland. If Deni was a Faarmajo lapdog they wouldn’t be pro Somaliland. So pathetic.

A referendum for independence in Sool, Sanaag, Awdal regions alone wouldn’t pass yet alone the whole Somalia.

that's already the case, try entering somaliland with a somalia license plate, they rip it off at the border or tell you to keep it inside and make you go into town and buy a somaliland plate to put on you're car.

there's a big trade imbalance where somaliland allows their products to enter somalia through the land border / customs but doesn't allow it the other way

that's already the case, try entering somaliland with a somalia license plate, they rip it off at the border or tell you to keep it inside and make you go into town and buy a somaliland plate to put on you're car.

there's a big trade imbalance where somaliland allows their products to enter somalia through the land border / customs but doesn't allow it the other way
Horta, the border starts at ceerigabo right?

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
After recognition we will help our brothers from Somalia become a great nation:russsmug:

I think that's the first thing that will happen.

during election times, there's always murmurs of people in somalia and her fed states wanting somaliland to help in organising their elections.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The @Admin needs to get involved and remove this topic. The UK and the rest of the world have told these khat chewing lunatics that any independence of somaliland must be decided with Somalia.

Can you please send a 'warning' in this forum not to create topics that lead to nothingness, we don't want nonsensical news polluting this section. The quality of politics drops down. For 30 years their govt has been playing this game on them and now they are trying to get us to play this game with them. Plz take action admin

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The @Admin needs to get involved and remove this topic. The UK and the rest of the world have told these khat chewing lunatics that any independence of somaliland must be decided with Somalia.

Can you please send a 'warning' in this forum not to create topics that lead to nothingness, we don't want nonsensical news polluting this section. The quality of politics drops down. For 30 years their govt has been playing this game on them and now they are trying to get us to play this game with them. Plz take action admin

Okay, then will you stop the confederation threads?

That is equally an improbable future.

I agree with you that we should stop having dozens of threads on the same nonsensical topic but that includes confederation and secession.

Trending

Latest posts