Turkish Military Base in Somalia,

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyone know what type of guns those are

Its the new Turkish infantry weapon MPT-76 with caliber 7,62x51. Surprised that the Turkish government trusts the somali military to keep the weapons out of al-kababs hands.

They have been delivering the MPT-76 to its allies in the Middle East the last year. Hopefully the somali military will implement stricter control and logistic efficiency in order to keep the weapons from sipping out to militant groups in the country

anyone know what type of guns those are
It's called MPT-76, made by Turkey and exclusively used by Turkey and our boys :samwelcome:

1821px-MPT-76_Assault_Rifle.jpg

A very solid infantry rifle in my opinion. Really liked its accuracy and light weight compared to the AK-5 that the Swedish military uses as its primary infantry rifle.

There's no ppl in this earth that are more pessimistic than us (for good reasons of course) but I'm optimistic about these new well trained well equipped troops, there won't be any musuq masuq inshallah

:

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
http://ekonomi.haber7.com/ekonomi/haber/2460971-sinirlari-asti-dunya-pesine-dustu
"MKEK has delivered 3,200 guns, 500 of them to the Presidency. The agency plans to complete the delivery of the remaining rifles next year. invented by Teads increased weight in inventory in Turkey MPT-76, it began to be used abroad. Deliveries of 450 units were made from MPT-76 to Somalia. In Somalia, where security problems exist, officials have assessed that the army needs military equipment training and equipment. the cooperation agreement in military training and defense industry between Somalia and Turkey was signed. Turkey, Somalia's capital, Mogadishu landlord had built a military training base for the training of the country's soldiers."
my guess is that this is only the infantry :banderas:

saywalahi

Xamar Living
http://ekonomi.haber7.com/ekonomi/haber/2460971-sinirlari-asti-dunya-pesine-dustu
"MKEK has delivered 3,200 guns, 500 of them to the Presidency. The agency plans to complete the delivery of the remaining rifles next year. invented by Teads increased weight in inventory in Turkey MPT-76, it began to be used abroad. Deliveries of 450 units were made from MPT-76 to Somalia. In Somalia, where security problems exist, officials have assessed that the army needs military equipment training and equipment. the cooperation agreement in military training and defense industry between Somalia and Turkey was signed. Turkey, Somalia's capital, Mogadishu landlord had built a military training base for the training of the country's soldiers."
my guess is that this is only the infantry :banderas:
these soldiers are only loyal to the chief and commander (the president) not some tribal militias.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
Have you been to Saudia Arabia or UAE or Qatar? If so can you tell me how many Somalis live & own businesses in Saudia Arabia & UAE compared to Qatar? Now ask yourself where does your interests lie?
SSpot where Somali population density in a foreign country must determine where your political allegiance ought to lie so I guess by your logic we must support Ethiopia and Kenya policy towards Somalia because most Somalis live and do business in those countries welcome to crazyland folks :mindblown::ohhh:

Von

This Turkish base doesn't address the UAE growing influence at all. This Turkish base was built for $50 million. The UAE military base that will be used for training also is being built for $90 million almost double, and will be bigger and better equipped. Berbera is a strategic location so there's no games
The Turkish base is less of a base and more of a training facility, whereas the UAE base is straight up a military base. As for the cost, well that's to be expected since its going to be a Naval base which would have more costs attached to it. Also in terms of a size im not sure about Berbera but the Turkish base is 4 square kilometers, which is huge. The UAE imports all its military needs and the Turks have a native military industry that's going through a large overhaul.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
SSpot where Somali population density in a foreign country must determine where your political allegiance ought to lie so I guess by your logic we must support Ethiopia and Kenya policy towards Somalia because most Somalis live and do business in those countries welcome to crazyland folks :mindblown::ohhh:
You’re an idiot Somalis are indigenous to Ethiopia and Kenya you nacas who do you think inhabit NFD OR OGADENIA? Chinese :draketf:

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
The Turks are a Trojan horse IMO.

Why are they training and equipping multiple factions in Somalia instead of a single one.

They have all the power to refuse to play our little political games.

Seems like they aren't as altruistic as they want us to see them as.

If they really wanted to help us then just 1% of their military forces and intelligence resources could clear out Somalia of all bad actors within a year.

The Turkish people are cool but Erdogan has his own interests. (Laundering money through Somali projects?).

Von

Your still missing the point man sorry your not understanding where I'm coming from
@Cognitivedissonance you are missing the point, it doesn't matter if your economically or population wise linked to another country. Ethiopia, Kenya, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar all have links to Somalia but it is for harmful reasons. Our goal first and foremost is a long-term peace in Somalia and that does not aline with other countries foreigner policies such as Saudi Arabia. They don't want peace in Somalia so economic ties go out the window. Hense why we must look elsewhere.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
@Cognitivedissonance you are missing the point, it doesn't matter if your economically or population wise linked to another country. Ethiopia, Kenya, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar all have links to Somalia but it is for harmful reasons. Our goal first and foremost is a long-term peace in Somalia and that does not aline with other countries foreigner policies such as Saudi Arabia. They don't want peace in Somalia so economic ties go out the window. Hense why we must look elsewhere.
I have been to Saudia Arabia and there’s hundreds of thousands of Somalis Who reside in Arabia it is a close ally like president farmaajo said Somalia is opened to any country.

Saudia Arabia don’t want peace in Somalia? Somalis don’t want peace in Somalia instead of blaming others I say it time we realise we are our own worst enemy.

Saudi Arabia is Somalia biggest trading partner:comeon:

Von

I have been to Saudia Arabia and there’s hundreds of thousands of Somalis Who reside in Arabia it is a close ally like president farmaajo said Somalia is opened to any country.

Saudia Arabia don’t want peace in Somalia? Somalis don’t want peace in Somalia instead of blaming others I say it time we realise we are our own worst enemy.

Saudi Arabia is Somalia biggest trading partner:comeon:
Allies? Ethiopia and Somalia say they are 'allies' but we both know if either one could wipe the other off the map, they would:comeon:
Yes Somalis are to blame for the shit in the country but outside involvement doesn't help, is Saudi Arabia still an ally when they fuel corruption by having MPs on the payroll? is Saudi Arabia an ally when they fund terrorism in the region? clearly, somalis don't want peace but so do the Saudis.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Allies? Ethiopia and Somalia say they are 'allies' but we both know if either one could wipe the other off the map, they would:comeon:
Yes Somalis are to blame for the shit in the country but outside involvement doesn't help, is Saudi Arabia still an ally when they fuel corruption by having MPs on the payroll? is Saudi Arabia an ally when they fund terrorism in the region? clearly, somalis don't want peace but so do the Saudis.
Why blame others when there’s some amongst us who don’t want peace and stability in Somalia?

Let’s blame Somalis Who take these bribes not the countries that pay the bribes to fulfil their agenda cause every country has an agenda what is Somalia agenda? Let’s clear our house first let’s deal with the root of the problem which is corrupt Somali official accepting bribes from foreign countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts