Tumors in the Diaspora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I was browsing through the reddit cesspit, when I stumbled upon an interesting thread on /r/AskReddit., posing the following question:

"Africans of Reddit, what are the greatest misconceptions people have about your native country?"

Scrolling down, I found this comment:

---

You see my nations greatest embarrassment were going from being a functioning country to a state of anarchy, having no government for a decade, bombs going off in the capital due to a terrorist group and playing real life clash of clans...

And fucking getting taken over by Italy even if it was for a short time

Welcome to Somalia the eastern shithole of africa
---

To be fair, there is some truth to his comment - but for him to write this on a thread asking for misconceptions?

This isn't an isolated incident. There are countless facebook/social media posts and blog stories absolutely dragging us over shards of glass in front of a ajanabi audience - all of them authored by Somalis.

You might think I'm attempting to brush our degeneracy under the carpet, but this has become a pastime for the diaspora; we love to self-immolate in-front of outsiders. I've personally seen young Somalis' eyes light up with excitement when discussing our misfortunes - it's like a masochistic sport. Shit pisses me off.

EnragedWigglyHydra-max-1mb.gif

This figlio di puttana had a golden opportunity to throw a blanket over the fire. I remember in the early 2000's us Somalis were the cockiest bastard among the immigrant groups - it was what we were admired for. Now we have youth scrambling to present you their dirty laundry. I guess there might be some sense of euphoria in being a victim.

As per usual, the white kids in the replies are jerking themselves to completion. Link to the full thread:

KREAM

"Can you bring equilibrium?"
Yeah I won't lie when I saw that a few days ago I cringed. People were saying positive and/or interesting things about their country and then this neef decided to spread their cheeks. Yes there's truth to it, but what do you get out of shaming your own kind? I know people joke around and troll here but to go to a predominantly ajanabi site to blast his own kind shows he doesn't really want things to improve. He wants to insult and make him seem like one of the "good" ones to them.

Of course we have faults and others are well aware of them. And yes we should discuss them in a constructive way. One thing I will never do is shame my people to outsiders. Smh ciyaal naas nuug. He didn't even answer the question, dude went into a tirade. Wanted pats on the back and to feel accepted by others, and some straight roasted him. Made no sense.

:farmajoyaab:

Last edited:
can you use small english words next time. i don't have friggin time to lookup your big words in google.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
I bet you my last pretty penny that he’s or she is from somaliland, you see their motive is simple they figured the more mess they spew about somalia the closer the icitiraaf for somaliland.

I have been amongst groups of ajnabi when a somalilander decides to spew venom against Somalia I just nonchalantly explain that the somalilander is looking for icitiraaf which explains his animosity.

KREAM

"Can you bring equilibrium?"
I bet you my last pretty penny that he’s or she is from somaliland, you see their motive is simple they figured the more mess they spew about somalia the closer the icitiraaf for somaliland.

I have been amongst groups of ajnabi when a somalilander decides to spew venom against Somalia I just nonchalantly explain that the somalilander is looking for icitiraaf which explains his animosity.

You may be right

That's quite sad, instead of debunking these stereotypes their spreading them. I think such people look for acceptance, they don't see themselves really as Somali. I've met people like that before. Quite unrelated but, At a school workshop about FGM ( this was a school full of ethnic minorites, they thought that when girls go back to their homeland during the holidays they undergo FGM or forced marriages- kkk alla cadaanka) there was a very westernised looking Somali woman that came to raise awareness. She had the fobbiest accent and all, somehow her speech derailed on how undeveloped Somalia was. She ended her speech by saying that the practice was outlawed in Somalia, a cadaan teacher then puts his hand up to attract her attention and the students ,and says '' Yes but there's no function government over there so you know as X says girls you have to be careful when you go there, you might get FGM done and even though is outlawed in Somalia people won't bat an eye because it's their culture blabla''. And in a class full of Somali girls she goes on a full blown rant on how undeveloped Somalia, civil war blablabla. And she had the fobbiest accent ever with pseudo RP accent to be posh.

The sad thing is that most people don't even know anything about Somaliland, but know its full of Somali's so they apply the negative bullshit to them as well. So at the end of the day their damaging Somaliland's image as well.

Its like a West Germans from the 80's saying their better than the poorer and less fortunate east Germans, when the entire world both see's them as German. And equates failures in East Germany with West Germany.

These are common sentiments by the new age hippie generation that have no sense of pride or belonging, neither were they ever taught or inculcated with their own cultural identity.

This cultural identity is strictly paternal and is inculcated by the father, unfortunately in most of these dysfunctional households that father has been kicked out or gone AWOL.

Women in general don't care about upholding cultural traditions much less teach them, hence you will find a dozen of these confused kids with low self esteem seeking acceptance from what they perceive to be the dominant groups in society.

The worst manifestation of this disease is publicly attacking your people as that dude in reddit did, but there also many other manifestations of this disease, it effects the females more then the males.

You will see so many cases of a Xalimo married to a revert or even a gaal, showing incredible amount of forbearance and patience while being abused which she doesn't afford to her own parents and siblings much less a random farax.

Another manifestation is all the YouTube video parades that you see the Xalimo's partake in showcasing their 'trophies' to the world as if they struck a mountain of gold, it's self-hate and low-self esteem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending