TPLF ONLF planning to leave union

Status
Not open for further replies.
:drakekidding:

My advise to the Somalis, who want to declare independence, is this. Please wait until Tigray declares it first. TPLF encouraged Abdi Iley to declare independence and see where he is now. Don't be fooled with TPLF tricks. It only uses this kind of narrative to get more influence in the federal government. It is never meant seriously. If you think Tigray will be declaring independence soon then be ready for a rude awakening. Tigreans are not fools and they will never ever declare independence or use article 39. You don't know their mentality and culture that is why you believe this kind of crap.

First of all, the ordinary people of Tigray are very nationalist Ethiopians and any kind of secession attempt will creating huge conflict in Tigray. Second, TPLF knows well that the rest of Ethiopians are so eager to let Tigray go since Tigray doesn't contribute shit but gets more from the federal budget. TPLF knows that their application for secession will be accepted in light speed :) and they will be alone without any resources facing both Ethiopian and Eritrea as enemies. The one thing you can count about TPLF is that they are not foos or emotional that they will cross this red line and commit suicide. The max. they do is sending fools like Abdi Iley from other regions and try to pressure the fed. gov. and there ends their adventure.

That is the reason majority of Ethiopians are not even bothered about "Tigray becoming independence" because they know Tigreans will not commit this suicidal move. This is not an issue not even in 20 years let alone now. Again Tigreans are anything but fools.

Last edited:

My advise to the Somalis, who want to declare independence, is this. Please wait until Tigray declares it first. TPLF encouraged Abdi Iley to declare independence and see where he is now. Don't be fooled with TPLF tricks. It only uses this kind of narrative to get more influence in the federal government. It is never meant seriously. If you think Tigray will be declaring independence soon then be ready for a rude awakening. Tigreans are not fools and they will never ever declare independence or use article 39. You don't know their mentality and culture that is why you believe this kind of crap.

First of all, the ordinary people of Tigray are very nationalist Ethiopians and any kind of secession attempt will creating huge conflict in Tigray. Second, TPLF knows well that the rest of Ethiopians are so eager to let Tigray go since Tigray doesn't contribute shit but gets more from the federal budget. TPLF knows that their application for secession will be accepted in light speed :) and they will be alone without any resources facing both Ethiopian and Eritrea as enemies. The one thing you can count about TPLF is that they are not foos or emotional that they will cross this red line and commit suicide. The max. they do is sending fools like Abdi Iley from other regions and try to pressure the fed. gov. and there ends their adventure.

That is the reason majority of Ethiopians are not even bothered about "Tigray becoming independence" because they know Tigreans will not commit this suicidal move. This is not an issue not even in 20 years let alone now. Again Tigreans are anything but fools.
Very interesting.
I am curious do Ethiopian more closely identify with their regional identity than their national identity or is it the other way around?

amboli

DIR POWER
Let ethiopia break up then we'll make a dir kingdom: Djibouti, shinile and awdal.

:banderas:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The Dir Kingdom will account for 60-70% of present day Somali territory.

It will be an Empire.
:z1banet::z1banet: :vncu2n5: DIR POWER :vncu2n5: :z1banet::z1banet:
250px-Coat_of_arms_of_Djibouti.svg.png

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Ethiopia is about to disintegrate thread 5687729297297478 :russ:

So? Ethiopia is not your personal handbag from Michael Kors, it’s a dam country. I hope they pass a bill which revokes citizenship from those of a mixed background. Only pure bloods should be given status in their respective regional states

Spiderman

Shalom goyim
So? Ethiopia is not your personal handbag from Michael Kors, it’s a dam country. I hope they pass a bill which revokes citizenship from those of a mixed background. Only pure bloods should be given status in their respective regional states
Yeah yeah and then we'll take back the Ogaden and kill a load of Ethiopians your all going to be hanging like Michael Kors bags soon. Get ready. Because we're on our way you filthy Ethiopians.
downloadfile-7.jpg

Very interesting.
I am curious do Ethiopian more closely identify with their regional identity than their national identity or is it the other way around?

I would say Ethiopia is very diverse. There are millions who identify with their national identity before their region, especially in cities like Addis Ababa but there are also millions that identify with their region first then Ethiopian. The landscape of the political parties also reflects this reality. We have some 60 registered parties out of which about 20 are national parties and the rest are regional parties. That is also understandable for a country with 80 ethnic groups.

But currently there is a consensus among the elites and the people that there will never be a peaceful disintegration but a civil war so the disintegration is not even seen as an option because if we go that path there will not be independent states but pure civil war a la Somalia, Yemen, Syria. On this reality, it looks like the majority of Ethiopians agree. That is the reason no serious political force within or outside of the country is currently pushing for secession. So the only option left for us is a true democratic Ethiopia. There is also an overwhelming agreement on this only and single option for all. No more fake elections, no more inequalities, no more human rights abuses etc. Full democracy is a must for us to survive as a nation.

If only our borders were clearly demarcated and we could be easily become independent countries, then that could be seen as an option but that is not the case. In reality every secession from Ethiopia will be followed by border wars and other conflicts. Currently the majority of Ethiopias are aware of this reality and are not pushing for this kind of stupidity.

La Xawla

Long Live the Somali Republic
I would say Ethiopia is very diverse. There are millions who identify with their national identity before their region, especially in cities like Addis Ababa but there are also millions that identify with their region first then Ethiopian. The landscape of the political parties also reflects this reality. We have some 60 registered parties out of which about 20 are national parties and the rest are regional parties. That is also understandable for a country with 80 ethnic groups.

But currently there is a consensus among the elites and the people that there will never be a peaceful disintegration but a civil war so the disintegration is not even seen as an option because if we go that path there will not be independent states but pure civil war a la Somalia, Yemen, Syria. On this reality, it looks like the majority of Ethiopians agree. That is the reason no serious political force within or outside of the country is currently pushing for secession. So the only option left for us is a true democratic Ethiopia. There is also an overwhelming agreement on this only and single option for all. No more fake elections, no more inequalities, no more human rights abuses etc. Full democracy is a must for us to survive as a nation.

If only our borders were clearly demarcated and we could be easily become independent countries, then that could be seen as an option but that is not the case. In reality every secession from Ethiopia will be followed by border wars and other conflicts. Currently the majority of Ethiopias are aware of this reality and are not pushing for this kind of stupidity.
Elites forever trying to maintain the status quo, but nothing lasts forever.

1500323770488.png

Something to think about.

I guess you're partly forced into this multi-ethnic society but if you had the option to peacefully disintegrate on ethnic basis then would you say that is the ideal?

1500323770488.png

Something to think about.

I guess you're partly forced into this multi-ethnic society but if you had the option to peacefully disintegrate on ethnic basis then would you say that is the ideal?

Thanks for "the food for thought". Interesting indeed! I must disagree on the idea though because without even going any further just the case of Somalia destroys the whole concept that says having a homogeneous society as being a condition for democracy. My view is that democracy is a constant engagement between different ideas, cultures, ideologies, way of life and what not. In a homogeneous society you may have less spots of friction but still unless you as a society don't learn how to engage with diverse ideas and way of life and unless you learn how to tolerate and give space to diversity, then you will have always a problem. So, I think the main issue is not how diverse a society is but how it can handle its own diversities fairly and in a tolerant manner.

Come to your question. If we can disintegrate without bloodshed and destruction, peacefully then I would definitely consider disintegration as an alternative option. May be for some regions, secession brings prosperity, who knows. But in our case we have seen what happened with Eritrea with whom we have a colonial demarcated border. Now Ethio-Eritrean border war happened while having a colonial border, imagine what would happen to the rest of the regions with no colonial border whatsoever. It is clear for every sane person to see that any secession in Ethiopia case will trigger a border war with its immediate neighbors with others supporting opposing sides and fueling the conflict. So it may seem a promising future but in reality it could end up in a very catastrophic mess. And at the end, we probably end up with no single internationally recognized country but a bunch of mini states run by war lords cutting off their people from international trade, development etc. It will only be a mess. Instead of risking this mess, let us bring a fully democratic self rule to the regions. In my view this option has a more pragmatic and promising path to bring development and prosperity to our peoples.

By the way, TPLF chair already clarified his statement and said my comment is by no means an intention for secession or for disintegration of the Country. He said "what I meant was that if we don't respect each other then that can lead to our disintegration. But that by no means implies that we are intending secession or hoping for disintegration." He even added "This can never be so". I knew it.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP

I heard the Tigray region wants to exit from Ethiopia and unite with Eritrea since they are both Tigrayans after all.

I heard the Tigray region wants to exit from Ethiopia and unite with Eritrea since they are both Tigrayans after all.

That will never happen. If Tigray exits Ethiopia which they will never do but for the sake of the argument if they exit Ethiopia then they will remain alone without resources, sandwiched by two enemy countries Ethiopia and Eritrea. As I said they are not fools.
You have to also understand the difference between the mentality of Eritreans and Tigreans. Unlike Tigreans who have more tribal mindset, Eritreans are more nationalists. For them being Eritrean comes first before being Tigrinya. They will never unite with Tigray just because having similar tribes or language or whatever. Besides, uniting with Tigray means making their own people a minority overnight since Tigray has more population than Eritrea. So, you will bring millions people without any resource into your land and be a minority. That is not gonna happen in a million years even if some Tigreans, because of their tribal nature, wish. The bottom line is Tigray can't survive without Ethiopia or Eritrea and the only country still willing accommodate it is Ethiopia and they know that very well. They will not cross that red line of secession to never get a chance of going back again. As I said Tigreans are anything but fools.

Tigray and somalis are not in the same boat tho. Tigre milked Ethiopia for 27 years and somalis been subjugated for the last 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.