TPLF ONLF planning to leave union

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Oromo will succeed too I wonder if Harar region will be apart of oromia. U.S delegate
Thanks for "the food for thought". Interesting indeed! I must disagree on the idea though because without even going any further just the case of Somalia destroys the whole concept that says having a homogeneous society as being a condition for democracy. My view is that democracy is a constant engagement between different ideas, cultures, ideologies, way of life and what not. In a homogeneous society you may have less spots of friction but still unless you as a society don't learn how to engage with diverse ideas and way of life and unless you learn how to tolerate and give space to diversity, then you will have always a problem. So, I think the main issue is not how diverse a society is but how it can handle its own diversities fairly and in a tolerant manner.

Come to your question. If we can disintegrate without bloodshed and destruction, peacefully then I would definitely consider disintegration as an alternative option. May be for some regions, secession brings prosperity, who knows. But in our case we have seen what happened with Eritrea with whom we have a colonial demarcated border. Now Ethio-Eritrean border war happened while having a colonial border, imagine what would happen to the rest of the regions with no colonial border whatsoever. It is clear for every sane person to see that any secession in Ethiopia case will trigger a border war with its immediate neighbors with others supporting opposing sides and fueling the conflict. So it may seem a promising future but in reality it could end up in a very catastrophic mess. And at the end, we probably end up with no single internationally recognized country but a bunch of mini states run by war lords cutting off their people from international trade, development etc. It will only be a mess. Instead of risking this mess, let us bring a fully democratic self rule to the regions. In my view this option has a more pragmatic and promising path to bring development and prosperity to our peoples.
You're right I heard there are delegates from America and the E.U in Addis Ababa trying to make sure if Ethiopia disintegrates that its without war. Tigray are preparing for war and have all the heavy military equipment and war planes and everything thats why Abiy didn't invade or use military force in the Tigray region like he did in the Somali region. I wonder what role will the oil in the Somali region will play in all of this.

Pretty sure Oromo will succeed too I wonder if Harar region will be apart of oromia. U.S delegate

You're right I heard there are delegates from America and the E.U in Addis Ababa trying to make sure if Ethiopia disintegrates that its without war. Tigray are preparing for war and have all the heavy military equipment and war planes and everything thats why Abiy didn't invade or use military force in the Tigray region like he did in the Somali region. I wonder what role will the oil in the Somali region will play in all of this.

Sometimes I feel sorry for some of you guys here who are hopping for the disintegration of Ethiopia. There is no disintegration, there is not even a talk about it in the "main stream" Ethiopian politics. I laugh when I see many here hopping for something that honestly will not even happen in 20 years time let alone now. Ethiopia has never been so strong like today because of the freedom and democracy we are experiencing. No one wants to leave Ethiopia now after tasting the sweetness of freedom. There is not even one single political group who seriously pushing for disintegration or secession. Tigray is not preparing for war, that is bullshit.

The US congress delegates were in Ethiopia, but their mission has to do how to support the current democratic change and has nothing to do "peaceful disintegration". Who is gonna disintegrate it? Give me one organization or one entity that is able and willing to disintegrate Ethiopia? There is none. Disintegration is only in your minds. The US is very exited about Ethiopia's current democratization. They said the changes currently taking place are "breathtaking".

Sometimes I feel sorry for some of you guys here who are hopping for the disintegration of Ethiopia. There is no disintegration, there is not even a talk about it in the "main stream" Ethiopian politics. I laugh when I see many here hopping for something that honestly will not even happen in 20 years time let alone now. Ethiopia has never been so strong like today because of the freedom and democracy we are experiencing. No one wants to leave Ethiopia now after tasting the sweetness of freedom. There is not even one single political group who seriously pushing for disintegration or secession. Tigray is not preparing for war, that is bullshit.

The US congress delegates were in Ethiopia, but their mission has to do how to support the current democratic change and has nothing to do "peaceful disintegration". Who is gonna disintegrate it? Give me one organization or one entity that is able and willing to disintegrate Ethiopia? There is none. Disintegration is only in your minds. The US is very exited about Ethiopia's current democratization. They said the changes currently taking place are "breathtaking".

Would you hope for freedom if your people and land was gifted to foreigners? We will see in the next couple weeks how this plays out , majority of oromos want freedom, so do somalis , thats more than half of "Ethiopia", what's left? Also Abiy's right hand man and advisor, Jawar Mohammed was the same guy that said "Ethiopia was imposed on me". Honeymoon over.

Would you hope for freedom if your people and land was gifted to foreigners? We will see in the next couple weeks how this plays out , majority of oromos want freedom, so do somalis , thats more than half of "Ethiopia", what's left? Also Abiy's right hand man and advisor, Jawar Mohammed was the same guy that said "Ethiopia was imposed on me". Honeymoon over.

You can continue to hope for something that will not gonna happen soon. Oromos are ruling Ethiopia, from whom are they going to be free? :) If they want to be independent they can do it but there is not even one oromo political party currently even discussing secession. Tigreans had 27 years where they could become independent without problem but they never even tried that. Why? Specially now since the last 4 months, Ethiopians are truely free to express themselves, they are not being killed or jailed for their political views. Almost all exiled political organizations are coming home and freely operating including ONLF and we are preparing to have our first ever real democratic election in 2020. Ethiopians are so exited about a democratic Ethiopia but all you guys still see is disintegration. You have to visit Ethiopia today and see how popular PM Abiy is and how nationalistic Ethiopians overall become. Believe me with his current popularity, he can raise 1 million soldiers if he asks for. The overwhelming Majority Ethiopians will be willing to fight and die if PM Abiy asks for it. If some groups want disintegration I believe this is not the right time where Ethiopian nationalism is never high like now in 27 years.

But I feel sorry you feel occupied and I am very sure with the current democratizaton process many Somalis will decide on their own land and resources. That is democracy 101.

Last edited:
You can continue to hope for something that will not gonna happen soon. Oromos are ruling Ethiopia, from whom are they going to be free? :) If they want to be independent they can do it but there is not even one oromo political party currently even discussing secession. Tigreans had 27 years where they could become independent without problem but they never even tried that. Why? Specially now since the last 4 months, Ethiopians are truely free to express themselves, they are not being killed or jailed for their political views. Almost all exiled political organizations are coming home and freely operating including ONLF and we are preparing to have our first ever real democratic election in 2020. Ethiopians are so exited about a democratic Ethiopia but all you guys still see is disintegration. You have to visit Ethiopia today and see how popular PM Abiy is and how nationalistic Ethiopians overall become. Believe me with his current popularity, he can raise 1 million soldiers if he asks for. The overwhelming Majority Ethiopians will be willing to fight and die if PM Abiy asks for it. If some groups want disintegration I believe this is not the right time where Ethiopian nationalism is never high in 27 years.
There is no such thing as Ethiopian nationalism, you're just saying this because Amhara. If you want Ethiopia to be so united and democratic you should start off with a referendum in each regional state.Then, if everyone agrees to be apart of Ethiopia (highly unlikely) change the name, the flag and the national language.

There is no such thing as Ethiopian nationalism, you're just saying this because Amhara. If you want Ethiopia to be so united and democratic you should start off with a referendum in each regional state.Then, if everyone agrees to be apart of Ethiopia (highly unlikely) change the name, the flag and the national language.

Why do you think Ethiopians died in thousands defending Tigray during the badme war against Eritrea? Why would an Oromo or an Amhara or a Southern would go to Tigray and die? The majority that defended and died were not from Tigray. They are not from the same tribe so how come they were willingly (not forced conscription) defending Tigray who are not related with their tribe. This was always the mistake foreigners, who have no clue about the internals of Ethiopians, make. We had always our internal fights but believe me if the sovereignty of Ethiopia is today jeopardized or a foreign army attacks any region, Ethiopians in thousands will be fighting and dying to defend their country. Never underestimate the millions of Ethiopians who are passionate about the country. So, the idea of none existent Ethiopian nationalism is simply a bullshit.

But all have come to the realization that democratic rights and freedom of citizens must be respected and regions must have full control of their resources if Ethiopia is to continue as a nation. Everybody agrees that full democracy in Ethiopia is not an option but a must for survival.
So, now Abdi the tyranny is gone, Somalis will have plenty of opportunities to freely debate about the fate of their region. If they truly want independence and do it legally and according to the constitution there is a good chance of becoming independent.

But first thing first. People must be free from tyranny. They must have the freedom to express their views without fear. Democratic institutions must be built and become strong etc. Then in a free democratic socity anything can be debated freely and also voted freely. This can never happen under the tyranny of Abdi Iley.

Fahad Yasin

Duqbilow Nation
You can continue to hope for something that will not gonna happen soon. Oromos are ruling Ethiopia, from whom are they going to be free? :) If they want to be independent they can do it but there is not even one oromo political party currently even discussing secession. Tigreans had 27 years where they could become independent without problem but they never even tried that. Why? Specially now since the last 4 months, Ethiopians are truely free to express themselves, they are not being killed or jailed for their political views. Almost all exiled political organizations are coming home and freely operating including ONLF and we are preparing to have our first ever real democratic election in 2020. Ethiopians are so exited about a democratic Ethiopia but all you guys still see is disintegration. You have to visit Ethiopia today and see how popular PM Abiy is and how nationalistic Ethiopians overall become. Believe me with his current popularity, he can raise 1 million soldiers if he asks for. The overwhelming Majority Ethiopians will be willing to fight and die if PM Abiy asks for it. If some groups want disintegration I believe this is not the right time where Ethiopian nationalism is never high like now in 27 years.

But I feel sorry you feel occupied and I am very sure with the current democratizaton process many Somalis will decide on their own land and resources. That is democracy 101.
:comeon:
You give an Ogaden man the premiership, first order of business is to trigger article 39(f*ck the 2/3's of parliament bs) and subsequently sign his resignation papers. Do you get it? WE WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH ETHIOPIA!

Last edited:
:comeon:
You give an Ogaden man the premiership, first order of business is to trigger article 39(f*ck the 2/3's of parliament bs) and subsequently sign his resignation papers. Do you get it? WE WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH ETHIOPIA!

Too many problems in your statements but first how can a non Ethiopian nationalist becomes the prime minister of Ethiopia? By faking it all the time? :) Second please don't stop thinking after he signed his resignation paper. Think further. Lets say he faked it and made Ogaden independent and resigned, what then? What do you think will happen? You live in peace and everything will be dandy and you will be recognized etc.? See if only we all think like you we would be in a civil war right now with no ending in sight. Thank God there are sane people on both sides who are not short sighted and who think through and think till the last end.

Fahad Yasin

Duqbilow Nation
Too many problems in your statements but first how can a non Ethiopian nationalist becomes the prime minister of Ethiopia? By faking it all the time? :) Second please don't stop thinking after he signed his resignation paper. Think further. Lets say he faked it and made Ogaden independent and resigned, what then? What do you think will happen? You live in peace and everything will be dandy and you will be recognized etc.? See if only we all think like you we would be in a civil war right now with no ending in sight. Thank God there are sane people on both sides who are not short sighted and who think through and think till the last end.

I'm being sarcastic:gucciwhat:, compare us to the Oromos who were secessionists up until they got the premiership, now all of a sudden they're patriotic nationalists:nahgirl:. Democracy has never set foot in Ethiopia and it never will, this new regime will be no different to the TPLF, they're already coping their playbook by sacking those loyal to the previous regime & installing their own puppets. You've got the likes of Jawhar who was causing havoc & inciting violence from his home in Minnesota & now he's in Abiy's inner circle :gucciwhat:

I don't expect this unholy alliance between Oromos & Amharas to continue without conflict, the Tigray are anxious & fearful of retribution, look 80 different clans cannot live together in harmony, you must be a naive little girl to believe in the BS you spout on this forum

Young Popeye

Call me pops

Politics is not your field. I recommend kana tv specificially the Turkish drama as it usually subdues Amhara women like yourself

I'm being sarcastic:gucciwhat:, compare us to the Oromos who were secessionists up until they got the premiership, now all of a sudden they're patriotic nationalists:nahgirl:. Democracy has never set foot in Ethiopia and it never will, this new regime will be no different to the TPLF, they're already coping their playbook by sacking those loyal to the previous regime & installing their own puppets. You've got the likes of Jawhar who was causing havoc & inciting violence from his home in Minnesota & now he's in Abiy's inner circle :gucciwhat:

I don't expect this unholy alliance between Oromos & Amharas to continue without conflict, the Tigray are anxious & fearful of retribution, look 80 different clans cannot live together in harmony, you must be a naive little girl to believe in the BS you spout on this forum

first of all, anyone who believes tigray would secede, and make itself hungry, landlocked, and surrounded by enemies on all sides, is a damn fool! if somalis want to secede, do it the legal way and we'll all support u. article 39 says it takes about a year to organize a referendum.
if u cite it, use it correctly then, according to the constitution.

1. MOST OROMOS have always been nationalist Ethiopians. Even during the major protests and economic boycotts, which shook tplf to the core; the oromos didn't mention secession one time.
oromo farmers do not worry about secession; they just want their basic human rights and peace so that they can farm in peace, live in peace.

2. Oromos played a huge role in making Ethiopia: in fact, it can be said that, without the oromo generals and participation, there wouldn't be an ethiopia today.
SO WHY would we want to destroy a state we essentially made?
that's like bulldozing a home u built because your mom took over and began to live there.
LOL it makes no sense.

3. sacking old corrupt officials is a common sense move. why would any government want to keep old, inefficient, and corrupt, officials/remnants of the last regime, there?
how does that even make sense?

So? Ethiopia is not your personal handbag from Michael Kors, it’s a dam country. I hope they pass a bill which revokes citizenship from those of a mixed background. Only pure bloods should be given status in their respective regional states

Unless you were lying before you're Harari/Somali. You would not qualify under your own policy you delusional weirdo
mjlol.png

While I would :lolbron:

yene tota i never said im somali but lying is in your blood:kanyeshrug:

Wow a full Harari...:shookgabre:which is even worse....your people will be cannibalized (figuratively) by both Somalis and Oromos should everyone calls it quits lol. where would your people be in this brave new world of only full blooded people:hillarybiz:

Anywho my assesment of you still stands. You are delusional!

Worry not!!! you are in good company here:mjlol:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
@Khalid ali Ethiopians will argue with you until kingdom come. The truth of the matter is that Eritrea gained independence from Ethiopia by force. Eritrea was able to do this after 30 years of constant war. The Somali region can gain independence if we are ready to wage a multi decade war against Ethiopia. Ethiopia can easily subdue the Oromo and SNNP because of the ethno-religious diversity in those regions, but our region is ~100% Somali and ~100% Muslim. From a secession perspective DDSI is absolutely ripe ground for a secession movement. It will actually only become easier to secede from Ethiopia because the trends are going in our favor.

95_FA2312_E54_B_4_B2_D_9_D7_B_FDAD75_A5_B5_B7.jpg

Somali TFR is actually increasing while it is decreasing in Habasha and Oromo. These types of numbers are simply not sustainable. I don't understand how Ethiopia DDSI in the long run tbh. It is a disaster in waiting for them. Somali child mortality is not much higher than those of the Amahara or the Oromo, so we are quickly increasing our proportion of the population also.

EXGLjH2.png

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Wow a full Harari...:shookgabre:which is even worse....your people will be cannibalized (figuratively) by both Somalis and Oromos should everyone calls it quits lol. where would your people be in this brave new world of only full blooded people:hillarybiz:

Anywho my assesment of you still stands. You are delusional!

Worry not!!! you are in good company here:mjlol:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dont worry about that, I think you should be worried about the hundreds of amharas in harar, who despite making sure to be majority by removing native hararis, failed to govern the area. :dead::ufdup:u need kana tv in your life

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Do Tigrays see Amhara as kin?

For the most parts we don't see other Cushitic speakers as our own.

I read that the plan was for the Tigrayans areas to secede in the 94 civil war until one faction realized they had the opportunity to take over the whole country.

Now that the benefits of staying in the Ethiopian union is getting slimmer by the day for Tigrayans then why not leave?

No other power would put that article in the constitution unless there was an unanimous agreement to leave once they sucked Ethiopia dry.

The current fake Oromo president is just a stopgap to give Debretsion Gebremichael and co enough time to prepare for the secession.

No doubt they're currently rushing to fill offshore accounts with loot stolen over the past 2 decades.

Hopefully ONLF is competent enough to make full use of this coming event but most likely they'll disappoint us like they did since their inception.

Thanks for "the food for thought". Interesting indeed! I must disagree on the idea though because without even going any further just the case of Somalia destroys the whole concept that says having a homogeneous society as being a condition for democracy. My view is that democracy is a constant engagement between different ideas, cultures, ideologies, way of life and what not. In a homogeneous society you may have less spots of friction but still unless you as a society don't learn how to engage with diverse ideas and way of life and unless you learn how to tolerate and give space to diversity, then you will have always a problem. So, I think the main issue is not how diverse a society is but how it can handle its own diversities fairly and in a tolerant manner.

Come to your question. If we can disintegrate without bloodshed and destruction, peacefully then I would definitely consider disintegration as an alternative option. May be for some regions, secession brings prosperity, who knows. But in our case we have seen what happened with Eritrea with whom we have a colonial demarcated border. Now Ethio-Eritrean border war happened while having a colonial border, imagine what would happen to the rest of the regions with no colonial border whatsoever. It is clear for every sane person to see that any secession in Ethiopia case will trigger a border war with its immediate neighbors with others supporting opposing sides and fueling the conflict. So it may seem a promising future but in reality it could end up in a very catastrophic mess. And at the end, we probably end up with no single internationally recognized country but a bunch of mini states run by war lords cutting off their people from international trade, development etc. It will only be a mess. Instead of risking this mess, let us bring a fully democratic self rule to the regions. In my view this option has a more pragmatic and promising path to bring development and prosperity to our peoples.
Zoom out and look at the bigger picture. Every single successful democracy is almost exclusively ethnically homogenous. It is very difficult to establish trust and unity between people when you have different ethno-linguistic groups that share the same territory and have historically marginalized each other, fighting for their own group's interest that are often in conflict with the other group's. Self-preservation is human nature you can't escape it and in order to form a democracy ethnic coherency is essential as that is one less distinction and one less point of conflict..

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Why do you think Ethiopians died in thousands defending Tigray during the badme war against Eritrea? Why would an Oromo or an Amhara or a Southern would go to Tigray and die? The majority that defended and died were not from Tigray. They are not from the same tribe so how come they were willingly (not forced conscription) defending Tigray who are not related with their tribe.
The same reason that Indian soldiers fought for Europeans to colonise Africa while their country back home was being raped by the same people. When it comes down to it, people will do anything for money.
:mjlol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending