To the guys who have dated an ajnabi

Did you ever overcome that mortal fear when going out in public with your SO. I have always been someone who held the head down in some sort of feigned shame when doing so
why do you care what people think? What are they going to do to you?
Don’t be ashamed. The person you are with does not deserve that.

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
This is your last warning. Watch yourself
Whats Up Hello GIF

All Arabs are ajnabis, any non-somali is one. Aka Arabs.
:comeon:
Cadcads and Meheri Somalis are not ajanebis idiot. That’s not how the word is used. They’re culturally Somalized, so how are they ajanebi?

From the other side of the Gulf but to be honest, It never felt like an Ajnabi relationship, guess there are different levels to Ajnabiness.

An Ethiopian Muslim is less Ajnabi than Pakistani for example
Ethiopians are more ajenebi than Polynesians

Did you ever overcome that mortal fear when going out in public with your SO. I have always been someone who held the head down in some sort of feigned shame when doing so

Nothing wrong with dating Ajnabi's walal as long as you have good intentions and they are a good person themselves.

But I feel ya, Horn African cultures shame you hard for dating out.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I once saw this Somali guy with his Southern European date probably Portuguese, Italian or Spanish.

This was like a decade ago. When he saw me, he was petrified. Like I was going to report back to his mother even though I didn't know him, nor did I care. I was more amused by his flustered mannerisms, but I smiled out of politeness. He was good-looking, and she was pretty as well. The area was a bit more upscale, so perhaps he assumed he wouldn't see anyone. For all he knew, I could have been any Horner, as I'm not a hijabi. So, I didn't understand it.​

Used to definitely. There's habo's everywhere in the trees, under the streets, and right behind you at all times. You start to look like a schizo looking left & right for em then the one second you forget about em habo's your hooyo gets a call on WhatsApp... :mjlol: now I don't give a f*ck Imma live my life #WeUp #Abdi

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
Not my story but one of my abtis was dating a hungarian woman when he was living in vienna with my hooyo. She told me this woman was very insecure visiting them at random times of the day, getting mad when they would speak somali to each other or think he was with my hooyo💀. They ending getting married & having a child but this woman was insecure, had mental issues & was an alcoholic. She ended transferring her problems to him, they later divorced she took their daughter. He is pretty much disowned by our family bcs he married a cadaan gaal & he became an alcoholic bcs of her but my hooyo still keeps tabs on him.

It’s wrong to treat someone like a dirty secret. Anyone with self respect and a high level of self esteem won’t put up with that for too long.

If you’re too insecure and ashamed to take the ajnabi person you’re dating seriously and be seen with them then just stick to your own. Don’t break someone’s heart by treating them like they’re shameful.
Easy enough for you to say when you're not the one getting death stares from Hijabis who look like they want to decapitate both of you for simply holding hands with some Jennifer :mjcry:

OP, to answer your question, no. Neither should you get over that fear/shame/guilt. It's your subconscious/Nafs telling you to chill out the f*ck out and behave yourself. Unless you're married lol

Last edited:

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region ✝️
Easy enough for you to say when you're not the one getting death stares from Hijabis who look like they want to decapitate the both of you for simply holding hands with some Jennifer :mjcry:

OP, to answer your question, no. Neither should you get over that fear/shame/guilt. It's your subconscious/Nafs telling you to chill out the f*ck out and behave yourself. Unless you're married lol
Just date a muslimah.

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region ✝️
Nothing wrong with dating Ajnabi's walal as long as you have good intentions and they are a good person themselves.

But I feel ya, Horn African cultures shame you hard for dating out.
Also as long as they are muslim. But I personally think ajnabis who look like us and are similar to somalis culturally and religiously are the way to go if you want to settle down with an ajnabi. For example,other cushites and horn Africans.

Trending

Latest posts