To Ex-Muslims I have a q

@ikraan it's completely understandable to have doubts. I consider myself 'Muslim' but I don't agree and understand some of the key aspects of Islam and I don't think I ever will. I accepted the fact that I'll never be truly Muslim inside, I only follow the religion out of fear of the hellfire and I'm ok with that.

DM me if u wanna talk about it.

VixR

Veritas
To the people here who left Islam do your family know? if not do you plan to tell them one day? How do you think they'll take it? if you have told them how did they take it?
I feel like hiding being an ex muslim is much easier for guys since I have to wear hijab and skirts around my fam so living a double life is hard
My parents know, and it’s normal now, but I don’t recommend it. They think it’s a phase.

If you insist on their knowing, you have to get your ducks in a row before you can tell them, bc you never know how they’ll react. For me, it was blurted out when my mom kept badgering me about salat. I used to be very deliberate with practice like you are.

The hijab thing was different for me, bc I put it on myself, but taking it off was definitely a thing.

Don’t dm @Waaqo of Punt

Exodus

Alienist
I wouldn’t call myself an ex Muslim but after visiting Somalia and seeing all the suffering to innocent Muslims I never really had the same faith as before. I’m probably agnostic in truth.

But to answer your question, I don’t tell anyone and behave normally. Islam is a religion I’m comfortable with and even admire in someways. Obviously it makes me a hypocrite but it’s a compromise that works for me.

@ikraan it's completely understandable to have doubts. I consider myself 'Muslim' but I don't agree and understand some of the key aspects of Islam and I don't think I ever will. I accepted the fact that I'll never be truly Muslim inside, I only follow the religion out of fear of the hellfire and I'm ok with that.

DM me if u wanna talk about it.
Can i ask what key aspects of Islam do you not understand? May Allah protect you and increase your faith

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Why did you leave and back to being Muslim if I may ask?
I like some things of islamic culture I still do but when it comes to clothing I have to wear such clothing around my family or theyd have a heart attack which is restrictive.
Then report your family to child protective service if you live in the west. You shouldn’t be forced to wear ugly clothes

Can i ask what key aspects of Islam do you not understand? May Allah protect you and increase your faith
Too long for this thread but I've debated with Imams and people with degrees in Islamic law. For a start, if u claim to understand Islam you'd realise that there's no such thing as 'free will' in Islam...from the moment we are born. I've come to terms with that.

Too long for this thread but I've debated with Imams and people with degrees in Islamic law. For a start, if u claim to understand Islam you'd realise that there's no such thing as 'free will' in Islam...from the moment we are born. I've come to terms with that.
Free will does exist in Islam. Allah created Mankind and Jinn to worship him and gave us free will as a test for us. If we worship him, he would give us jannah as a reward. If we disobey him then he would deal with us (May Allah protect us from Hellfire).

Allah says in the Quran- And say, "The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." (Surah 18:29)

Just because Allah knows the future and what would happen that doesn’t mean he’s controlling us. A teacher in a class room might know a student who would pass or fail depending on their character! That doesn’t mean the teacher should be blamed for the student failing just because she knew the student was going to fail in the passed.

Allah is all just and merciful. You have the free will he gave you so it’s your choice to use it.

@Waaqo of Punt is it clear now?

Yoo

Eel eh?
20 and just could never feel the connection to allah that everyone had I was raised in a very religous fam and went to an Islamic private school so Im educated in Islam. There was like years were used to overcompensate and literally wear jilbabs (which I thought were islamic at the time) and do most sunnahs I could and etc hoping Allah would make me feel something but still never felt anything until a point felt like I was lying to myself. I wondering questioning everything but for guess I dont rly believe a god exist (well an islamic one for now). There are some stuff in Islam I dont like which I dont wanna argue about since I know how those convos go since I know the islamic answers aswell.

@SOULSEARCHING tagging you since youre asking the same question
Ask away, been there too but was resilient in not leaving without exhausting all possibilities. Before looking at religion i had to look deeply into my belief in a creator and then on from there, i hope you havent closed the door on the idea of being wrong with your conclusion. This is a giant decision to make

I’m back to being a Muslim. Truthfully, the religion you were raised in is a reflection of your culture. There’s no other way but you don’t have to wear hijab/big clothes or pray, believe in the afterlife etc......
say the truth about Allah and his comandments even if u dont follow all sxb.

Yoo

Eel eh?
I’m back to being a Muslim. Truthfully, the religion you were raised in is a reflection of your culture. There’s no other way but you don’t have to wear hijab/big clothes or pray, believe in the afterlife etc......
You foreal?

Trending

Latest posts