Tiktoker embarrasses somali girl with facts

mate id give you the benefit of the doubt if ancient ethiopian was a common term for what you're talking about but it isnt. I cant even look up what you're on about because you seem to be the only guy using this term. anyway shit sounds interesting so link me a paper or something so I can read up
You have to realize that Somalis are just a result of migration.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Somali and Horner origins are fairly straight-forward and undeniable at this point. We have too many studies, too much ancient DNA and modern samples confirming the results:

It is fairly straight-forward:

• Mesolithic/Neolithic Egyptians mixed with Mesolithic/Neolithic Sudanese
  • Group 1 has no real modern equivalent but the closest are modern day Copts & Bedouins
  • Group 2 also has no real equivalents today but the closest are modern day Dinka & Gumuz
  • This mixture forms the earliest Cushites in Sudan and Southern Egypt around the Neolithic
  • A segment of these people (Proto-Agaw-East-South) eventually go down into the Horn
  • There they acquire varying degrees of Mota (native Ethio HG) related admixture
  • Eventually around 1000 BCE or so people from Yemen come with Proto-Ethiosemitic
  • This group leaves a strong genetic mark in the northern highlands and a linguistic legacy
  • Later internal migrations occur in the Horn so everyone has some of the ancient Yemeni
And that's the ancestral history of modern Somalis in a nutshell. Y-DNA E-V32 and T-L208 come from the ancient North-African ancestors as do likely all the mtDNA N&M lineages while the trace amounts of A-M13 and nearly all the L(xM&N) lineages come from the native East African ancestors while a few L lineages do seem to come from native Ethio HGs. Then the trace amounts of J1 is likely all from the Jazeera in some way or another.

I'd wager like 80%+ of Somalis' ancestry comes from "Group 1 & 2" whereas at best 5-10% comes from ancient Yemen and 1-5% comes from the native Ethio Hunter-Gatherers and that's that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We're really just at the stage of filling in some blanks and getting more details now but the gist is quite apparent.

As for how "old" of a people we are... If one is talking about our ethnicity in particular then not that old, I guess. Af-Maxaa and Af-Maay would have been one language like 1,500 years ago, for example. But, honestly, there would have probably been some decent amount of intelligibility between current Somali and even its ancestor from about 2,000 years ago given how much I've noticed people nowadays can grasp from even Rendille when they really listen. Not to mention a lot of cultural continuity I've spoken of on this forum before. But that aside, if one means Horners genetically then we are no more "younger" a people than Europeans, to be honest.

The majority of what makes us Horners as outlined in my quote above (the mixture of Group 1 and Group 2) would have happened during the Neolithic and most likely sometime after Proto-Cushitic's split from Semitic and Berber and when Cushites begin appearing in the Horn around 3000 BCE so between 5,000 to 10,000 or so years ago. That is "older" than Europeans who are by all accounts a post-Bronze Age people:

Indeed. This is pretty much what we know from the archaeology and ancient DNA now regarding Europe's population history:
  • The most indigenous strain of ancestry on Peninsular Europe were "WHGs"
  • WHGs = Western European Hunter-Gatherers
  • In Eastern Europe (European Russia and places like Ukraine) they mixed with "ANEs"
  • ANEs = Ancient North Eurasians
  • ANEs' ancestry mostly peaks in Siberians like Kets if memory serves me right
  • ANE is basically a very ancient relative (~35,000 years) of WHG with East-Eurasian admix
  • Then around and after the Neolithic in the ME farmers from Anatolia (Turkey) expand
  • These farmers bring farming, the first animal domestication and Neolithic culture to Europe
  • They mostly displace and absorb the WHGs in Peninsular Europe
  • In Eastern Europe another mixture is occurring between "CHGs" and "EHGS"
  • EHGs = WHG + ANE
  • CHGs = Caucasian Hunter-Gatherers who are a group from ME similar to HGs in Iran
  • CHGs and Iran HGs seem a mix between something like Anatolian farmers and ANE
  • CHG + EHG hybrids who have minor Anatolian Neolithic in them form
  • These hybrids = the early Indo-Europeans
  • The early Indo-Europeans expand into Peninsular Europe and heavily mix with the farmers
  • Modern Europeans essentially = Steppe (IE) + Anatolian Farmers + remnant WHG
Oversimplified a bit, believe or not, but that's the gist and we have a myriad of papers, samples and analyses to prove it:

(Follow the publication history of this Harvard Med Geneticist if you wanna see the other studies, especially the more recent ones)

Southern Europe, mainly Greece and Italy sort of breaks from this clear-cut story, though. Both regions received post-Neolithic admixture from the Middle-East after the Anatolian and CHG stuff. Greece seems to have started to get it between the Neolithic and Bronze-Age and continued on some level ever since.

The later ME ancestry in Greece and much of the Balkans is different from what it's in other Europeans like Brits and Germans in that it comes with elements like Natufian and Iran Neolithic related ancestry from the post-Neolithic Middle-East when ancient MEs basically started intermixing and forming people like Chalcolithic Iranians who were a mix of CHG, Iran-Neolithic, Natufian, Anatolian-Neolithic and so forth.

Italy is very similar but with Italy a recent paper has shown us that this shift only began around the Iron-Age:

GffQ5Q8.gif

Late Republican and Imperial Rome seems to have encouraged quite massive influxes of MENAs into Italy alongside the substantial Greek colonization that was already going on. But both Greece and Italy experienced a sort of "balancing effect" during the Middle-Ages. With Greece and the Balkans this was the expansions of the Slavs who left behind quite a heavy mark on even modern Greeks genetically whereas in Italy it was the expansions of the Germanic and Celtic Barbarians which leaves us now with modern Greeks and Italians who sit in an intermediate position between North-Central Europeans and Middle-Easterners where ancient Greeks would have been much more ME shifted and pre-Late Republic Romans would have been more European shifted:

These are models using a software called nMonte on this website running samples from a Global PCA hosted by this quite prolific Polish gentleman from this blog who even gets recognition from and rubs shoulders with the authors of many of the studies I shared. He's a pretty reliable character as his software. Anyway, gonna leave this tangent be. Already derailed the thread enough.

Hope you were following along and learned something interesting, little huuno.

North-Central Europeans, as mentioned above, did not genetically exist as a group until Yamnaya herders migrated into Peninsular Europe and mixed heavily with WHG admixed Anatolian Farmers. This started happening a little even during the late Neolithic but only really took off during the Bronze-Age and it is by around the Middle Bronze-Age when you see lots of typical North-Central European like populations with a similar genetic profile to modern Celts, Germanics, Slavs and Balts with the quite depigmented skin, hair and eyes they're known for.

yea that makes sense (since our ancestors were probably nomadic) but im trying to read up so link me a paper or something :MNWheelchair:

these are a few :pachah1: hope you enjoy

Somali and Horner origins are fairly straight-forward and undeniable at this point. We have too many studies, too much ancient DNA and modern samples confirming the results:

We're really just at the stage of filling in some blanks and getting more details now but the gist is quite apparent.

As for how "old" of a people we are... If one is talking about our ethnicity in particular then not that old, I guess. Af-Maxaa and Af-Maay would have been one language like 1,500 years ago, for example. But, honestly, there would have probably been some decent amount of intelligibility between current Somali and even its ancestor from about 2,000 years ago given how much I've noticed people nowadays can grasp from even Rendille when they really listen. Not to mention a lot of cultural continuity I've spoken of on this forum before. But that aside, if one means Horners genetically then we are no more "younger" a people than Europeans, to be honest.

The majority of what makes us Horners as outlined in my quote above (the mixture of Group 1 and Group 2) would have happened during the Neolithic and most likely sometime after Proto-Cushitic's split from Semitic and Berber and when Cushites begin appearing in the Horn around 3000 BCE so between 5,000 to 10,000 or so years ago. That is "older" than Europeans who are by all accounts a post-Bronze Age people:

North-Central Europeans, as mentioned above, did not genetically exist as a group until Yamnaya herders migrated into Peninsular Europe and mixed heavily with WHG admixed Anatolian Farmers. This started happening a little even during the late Neolithic but only really took off during the Bronze-Age and it is by around the Middle Bronze-Age when you see lots of typical North-Central European like populations with a similar genetic profile to modern Celts, Germanics, Slavs and Balts with the quite depigmented skin, hair and eyes they're known for.
I ain't gonna read all that my nigga but either fax or you're an idiot depending on what you just said :lolbron:

Somalis are mixed so are all horn africans its okay keep believing in your fantasies. Were ethnicily homogeneous but racially mixed how is that hard to understand 🤔
giphy.gif
Literally every single ethnicity came from mixing of some sort. By your logic European and Asian are mixed. If your admixture is older than 5000 years old then your not mixed in my book. :nvjpqts:

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
Literally every single ethnicity came from mixing of some sort. By your logic European and Asian are mixed. If your admixture is older than 5000 years old then your not mixed in my book.
Yes every one is mixed. I never said they weren't. Even some west africans are mixed. I've never denied most people in the world being a byproduct of ancient admixture.

why do people say this like being mixed make you any less somali, makes no sense at all. its not like we are a biproduct of rape unlike most mixed races
matter of fact it should make us more special
the mixing of somalis was not recent, you can say its ancient
stay strong fellow cushites

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I'm not bothered arguing with idiots who think we're mutts

Almost every population is a "mutt". Europeans, Central Asians, Horners, Native-Americans, Southeast Asians, South Asians, MENAs and even to some extent West-Africans. We don't have enough ancient DNA on East-Asians yet but even they probably aren't really "pure". We are the result of ancient and very genetically, culturally and often physically distinct groups intermixing. A lot of it was caused by agriculture. Climactic changes slowly but surely pushed people to shift from Hunting and Gathering to agricultural (farming and pastoralism) economies within the last 10,000 years. In a period of about 5,000 years we see plant and animal domestication pop up independently in the Fertile Crescent, the Western Sahel, Eastern China, Papua New Guinea and three different locations in the Americas then because of how agriculture causes population booms and also degrades the soil and also how livestock need more grazing lands overtime it inevitably causes humans to become a lot more expansionist than they used to be before agriculture and populations explode out of these agricultural regions, especially the first three I mentioned.

In the Fertile Crescent they expand out into North-Africa, Europe, Central Asia and South Asia where these farmers intermix with the native Hunter-Gatherers of these regions to essentially create modern Maghrebis, Egyptians, Horners, Europeans, Desis and Central Asians as we know them over-time. Whereas in West-Africa the Bantu expansion eventually happens and what was once a region mainly inhabited by Hunter-Gatherers on a cline between the original "Khoisan" and Horn Hunter-Gatherers (like the recently sequenced "Mota" from 4500 years ago in Southwest Ethiopia) as well as Cushitic pastoralists similar to us became heavily West-African influenced with many mixed ancestry groups like the Tutsi whom even today you can model as like 60-70% Somali-like last I checked. Then in East Asia the rice-farmers expand out of Eastern China and explode into regions like Korea, Japan and Southeast Asia over-time and again the same story of mixing with the native HGs takes place like in SE Asia where they mix with groups like the Negrito hence SE Asians' darker appearance compared to East Asians or in Japan where they mix with the Jomon. Agriculture changed the human genetic landscape bigtime. We are all the result of some niggas developing a romance with grains and taming animals, lol.

Last edited:

alien

📍outer space
VIP
it's stupid how some people think somalis are a mix of bantus and Arabs. No then we would have the largest noses and be so short with them large heads. A large nose wouldn't be suited for our climate. Basic science

x z

±somali supremacist, anti-inceI&queen in the north
That girl is so hateful to somaliland dhuf ha ku baxdo

Some of the retards on here think 40% Eurasian is something to celebrate. War heedhahaya, Somalis are neither Europeans nor Bantus but their own ethnicity. Iyaga(Somalis), Oromo, Afar, Beja and the Ancient societies of Egypt who came from East Africa are one Ethnic group. All native to East Africa.

People migrated from our region, so any similarities we share doesn't mean we are from them but they are from us.

NO, WE ARE NOT NEW ETHNICITY OR ANYWHERE NEAR NEW. Half the Arabs are East Africans themselves., so again, Somalis are not Arabs.

Be content with your Somali Ethnicity,

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Some of the retards on here think 40% Eurasian is something to celebrate. War heedhahaya, Somalis are neither Europeans nor Bantus but their own ethnicity. Iyaga(Somalis), Oromo, Afar, Beja and the Ancient societies of Egypt who came from East Africa are one Ethnic group. All native to East Africa.

People migrated from our region, so any similarities we share doesn't mean we are from them but they are from us.

NO, WE ARE NOT NEW ETHNICITY OR ANYWHERE NEAR NEW. Half the Arabs are East Africans themselves., so again, Somalis are not Arabs.

Be content with your Somali Ethnicity,

Pretty much. That's what I've been trying to tell niggas for a long-time. We are own people. Yes, we have ancient "mixed" origins but so does everybody in reality and the bulk of what makes us existed as early as the Neolithic and we have a whole region of Cushitic and Ethiosemitic people we share an ethnogenesis, many cultural traits and long history with and even a language branch with in the case of the Cushites so it is not right to minimize simply to "mixed people" like we are some recent Arab-Bantu iska dhalis.

Trending