Tiktok video highlights how many Arabic words in our language

Yeah qaqooye dialect have more Arab lone words than other Somali dialects.
Waqooye dialect
Socks= sharabaad
watermelon= xabxab
T-Shirt= garan
cooking floor= daqiiq
I donā€™t think itā€™s more Arabic loans words tbh, I think itā€™s more original Somali words perhaps. Because Somali and Arabic are both Afro-asiatic so weā€™re bound to share words, no?

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
Waqti for time Jarjar stairs. Anything that sounds Arabic in Somali is pretty much of Arabic origin lol

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Ngl, sharabaado sounds more like a somali word.

Siksaan/socksaan sounds like those derivative somali words i.e; cupboard for kabadhka šŸ˜…
sharabaad isn't a Somali word to begin with

I donā€™t think itā€™s more Arabic loans words tbh, I think itā€™s more original Somali words perhaps. Because Somali and Arabic are both Afro-asiatic so weā€™re bound to share words, no?
No way it's original Somali words. Arabs started wearing clothes and using basic things way before somalis.

sharabaad isn't a Somali word to begin with

No way it's original Somali words. Arabs started wearing clothes and using basic things way before somalis.
Arabs started wearing basic clothes way before Somalis kullaha! Lmao I guess I didnā€™t know we were some nude savages while Arabs were some sophisticated first world civilization. Ha! Gimme a break and save that bs for someone who may be more inclined to believe it šŸ˜‚

reer

VIP
a lot of standard somali and northern dialect words are taken from arabic.

Arabs started wearing basic clothes way before Somalis kullaha! Lmao I guess I didnā€™t know we were some nude savages while Arabs were some sophisticated first world civilization. Ha! Gimme a break and save that bs for someone who may be more inclined to believe it šŸ˜‚
Let's be honest here, the Arabs have bordered advanced civilisations like the Persians and Romans. If you want to get on an Arab's nerves though say that their language has a lot of Persian loanwords (it's true btw).
That really gets them going:lolbron::pachah1:

alien

šŸ“outer space
VIP
they all ganged up on her :mjlol:

I think to get rid of the loan words we should merge af maay and maxaa together. replace the loan words with maay counterparts if they have it. if there isn't a counterpart in maay we make it up. all good languages make words up

Looking like our campaign of arabizing the somali language is in full motion boys :salute:
and tf is suksaan just say sharabaad like a normal somali :umwhat:

She should stop being friends with these two jahil girls and look for better ones, I got annoyed watching how disrespectful they were:yacadiim:

Gladiolus

Somali, is a race
In Old Somali music and poetry the Somali language is nothing like the crap we call Somali language today. We literally have no need of using other peoples languages. I hope Schools in Somalia consider bringing back and teaching to our next generation. As for that girl I hope she grows a backbone and dumps those low IQ animals.

Based

VIP
They cherry-picked the few words we share with them... that xalimo mispronounced kharre as khara wtf

Last edited:

Shimbiris

ŲØŁ‰ŁŽŲ± ŲŗŁ‰ŁŽŁ„ Ų„ŁŠŲ¤ Ų¹Ų¢Ł†Ų¤ Ł„Ų¤
VIP
Sounds Japanese sxb, are you sure your last name isn't Toshiba?:shookgabre:

You're making me wish Japanese people were among the coastal settlers in Banaadir. Imagine "Gibil-Cad" by the name of Reer Takashi or some walking around with caramel skin, wavy hair, indhoyar, a short stature and katanas.

:kendrickcry:

Somali weebs would go sheegad on their qabiil.

You're making me wish Japanese people were among the coastal settlers in Banaadir. Imagine "Gibil-Cad" by the name of Reer Takashi or some walking around with caramel skin, wavy hair, indhoyar, a short stature and katanas.

Listen sxb don't put beautiful fantasies in my head, please:tocry::mjcry:

Somali blasians imagine that, my head is spinning just thinking about it:wowsweat:

Pin on B X D D I E S
610 My blasian fascination ideas | natural hair styles, hair beauty, hair  styles

Trending