This xalimo believes somali men are colorist

Yes, but I would say that Somalis aren’t as colorism compared to other non-Anglo Europeans (Caribbeans, Latinos and Asians) . I would say North Africans and Louisiana creoles are the most

Many Somali people are colorists nowadays. This was a non-existent problem in our grandparents generation (50 to 60 years ago). Most men back home shun females with darker skin tones and thirst after those with lighter skin tones (bleached and natural). This pressures a girl with dark skin to bleach in order to attract these men. She's probably also teased at school, home and by her friends which further pressures these girls into bleaching.

This isn't a problem solely caused by men, although they do take a part of the blame.

To play devils advocate:
Somalis preference for lighten skin isn’t due colonization or idolizing caadans. Manual labor and physical type jobs are frown upon. Darker skin is associated with the outdoor work.
Somalis care a lot more about facial features and religion over skin color. For example: a Muslim person with my color with Cushitic features is going to be more accepted than Wendy Williams or Tiny
On average, Cushitic people are lighter than other Africans, except creoles and Berbers.

it is a fact. somali features are suited for our environment. go to Somalia and say that sanweyne would be better suited
I think the notion that Somalis features aren’t somewhat influenced from our ancient admixture is a bit absurd, our features are native to the horn but we can’t just say they haven’t somewhat been affected from outside sources.

To play devils advocate:
Somalis preference for lighten skin isn’t due colonization or idolizing caadans. Manual labor and physical type jobs are frown upon. Darker skin is associated with the outdoor work.
Somalis care a lot more about facial features and religion over skin color. For example: a Muslim person with my color with Cushitic features is going to be more accepted than Wendy Williams or Tiny
On average, Cushitic people are lighter than other Africans, except creoles and Berbers.
You hit the nail on the head. Somalis haven’t been affected by European colonization enough to prefer lighter skin in that sense. Most Somali men I’ve seen are with brown skin women with nice features.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
I think the notion that Somalis features aren’t somewhat influenced from our ancient admixture is a bit absurd, our features are native to the horn but we can’t just say they haven’t somewhat been affected from outside sources.
some of our features has to have developed in the horn. such as nose, skin and lips to be suited for our environment. other features like hair texture is definitely because of ancient admixture

some of our features has to have developed in the horn. such as nose, skin and lips to be suited for our environment. other features like hair texture is definitely because of ancient admixture
I think it’s 50/50. Somalis with “European” looking noses have noses that are native to the horn. But I’ve definitely seen Somalis with long “Arab” looking noses.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
I think it’s 50/50. Somalis with “European” looking noses have noses that are native to the horn. But I’ve definitely seen Somalis with long “Arab” looking noses.
the nose is probably not cause of ancient admixture. likely more recent admixture.

Trending

Latest posts