This is what happens if you race mix

That’s BS I have cousins who are half Somali(paternally) and half Arab(maternally) and speak perfect Somali.

The culture identity comes from exposure for example my cousins would regularly visit his Uncles/Aunties who spoke Somali and they’d go every Summer to Hargeisa and Burco because they love the weather and people.

Who taught them Somali?

Can they speak Arabic as well?

Is there Somali really good, or a couple of sentences here or there?

Guys here who probably struggle with af Somali, who were raised by a Somali hooyo and Abo, want to convince me that a child of a non Somali woman is likely to be fluent in Somali...

:drakelaugh: :silanyosmile:

Sheeko sheeko

Last edited:

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Fax so why are landers keen on getting a recognition for a small land

When both of us wants the whole hornPlus more?

LETS ANNEX THE WHOLE EAST
Don’t get me wrong we want our recognition but we both have a common enemy. So we need to work together or else we’ll lose more of our land.

We’ve already lost K5 and NFD who’s to stop them from annexing even more. We have to put our differences aside for the greater good of SOMALINIMO

Don’t get me wrong we want our recognition but we both have a common enemy. So we need to work together or else we’ll lose more of our land.

We’ve already lost K5 and NFD who’s to stop them from annexing even more. We have to put our differences aside for the greater good of SOMALINIMO
Come back

Guys here who probably struggle with af Somali, who were raised by a Somali hooyo and Abo, want to convince me that a child of a non Somali woman is likely to he fluent in Somali...

Sheeko sheeko
Most girls under 25 speak barely speak intelligible Somali, you know what they say about glass houses abaayo :umad:

The Somali Caesar

VIP
Guys here who probably struggle with af Somali, who were raised by a Somali hooyo and Abo, want to convince me that a child of a non Somali woman is likely to he fluent in Somali...

Sheeko sheeko
I was born in Hargeisa Cadey listen kid their father (my uncle) taught them Somali as he works from home. He also only speaks to them in Somali.

Know what you’re talking about before you talk BS :deadmanny:

The Somali Caesar

VIP
Walaalo

I speak perfect Somali Alhamdulliah.

My writing is a bit off.

Key word: Works from home.

The average man is not a stay at home father.

So obviously I was right and you didn't mention that.

Mothers are the primary caregivers of children. It is mothers that teach children language and culture.

Accept it and move on.
No he works in the basement for 8-9 hours a day like the average man would. What he does better than most dads is he actually spends time with his kids after work at 5pm.

Most Dads after work just watch TV, eat then go to bed. That’s the problem even in full ethnic Somali diasporas the kids simple aren’t exposed to the culture and language.

Not my fault you can’t even speak proper Af Somali that you fail to wrap you head around a half Somali speaking pure Somali and putting you hooyo ma taalos to shame :sass2:

Last edited:
No he works in the basement for 8-9 hours a day like the average man would. What he does better than most dads is he actually spends time with his kids after work at 5pm.

Most Dads after work just watch TV, eat then go to bed. That’s the problem even in full ethnic Somali diasporas the kids simple aren’t exposed to the culture and language.

Also, i'm loving this sheeko. What language does the mum speak to her husband and kids? Lets me guess she speak perfect Somali...

:chrisfreshhah:

Or the parents speak to each other in Arabic but miraculously, kids still speak amazing Somali, same or even better than a western Somali kid with FULL Somali parents and extentended family, despite mostly hearing the Arabic language.

Woow would you believe that.

A child with FULL Somali parents in the west hear it around the clock and some still stuggle due to being out and about at school ect.

And you want to convince me that kids being primarily raised by their non Somali mother who only spend a few hrs with dad after 5pm speak great Somali?

Last edited:

Mozart

You need people like me
In a household with a proper man as a father , the kids are more likely to take after their father. Uselessness of the average man today makes women think that kids are more likely to take after the mothers tongue. Also, the common use of Maya Jama / Alisha Boe as examples is a myth given their fathers were absent.

Not my fault you can’t even speak proper Af Somali that you fail to wrap you head around a half Somali speaking pure Somali and putting you hooyo ma taalos to shame :sass2:

I speak my langauge, I was taught by my hooyo as that is the only language I used to hear at home.

By dad would come home after a long day from work and speak to my mum in Somali. Why? Because he is married to a Somali woman. No other language, apart from maybe English was spoken. He would also speak to us in Somali. The same cannot be said for a mixed Somali household.

A father speaking to his kids 3 hrs or so, will never compare to the first 4 yrs in a childs life in which they are constantly around their hooyo. That is when language development is key.

Do you honestly think a couple of hrs after work compare to many hours women spend with their children? If your wife is not speaking Somali to the kids constantly in Somali, the kids will not learn properly. They spend more time with her.

Mothers and fathers are simply not the same.

In a household with a proper man as a father , the kids are more likely to take after their father. Uselessness of the average man today makes women think that kids are more likely to take after the mothers tongue. Also, the common use of Maya Jama / Alisha Boe as examples is a myth given their fathers were absent.

It has nothing to do with uselessness.

Women are usually the caregivers and men the breadwinners.

In every society since the beginning of time, the men would be out of the home providing and women would teach children language, culture and morals.

The Somali Caesar

VIP
Also, i'm loving this sheeko. What language does the mum speak to her husband and kids? Lets me guess she speak perfect Somali...

Or the parents speak to each other in Arabic but miraculously, kids still speak amazing Somali, same or even better than a western Somali kid with FULL Somali parents and extentended family, despite mostly hearing the Arabic language.

A child with FULL Somali parents in the west hear it around the clock and some still stuggle due to being out and about at school ect.

And you want to convince me that kids being primarily raised by their non Somali mother who only spend a few hrs with dad after 5pm speak great Somali?
Both parents work the mom is a teacher and the dad as work from home (IT). The kids after school typically stay with their Somali Aunty till mom comes home around 4/5pm

Dad picks up the kids from His sisters house at 5pm and brings the kids home. Mom speaks to them in Arabic and Dad speaks to them in Somali.

Being bilingual is a thing :yousmart:

a y a n

nigga I am not a firefighter
VIP

In every society since the beginning of time, the men would be out of the home and women teach children language culture and morals.
you’re not as liberal as I thought:dwill:
Subrise subrise

Mozart

You need people like me

In every society since the beginning of time, the men would be out of the home and women teach children language culture and morals.
That’s far too simplistic. In a household with a dominant father, every mixed family I’ve seen has been geared towards the fathers culture. The Nigerian community is a great example, Nigerian men tend to marry women of all ethnicities yet their kids nearly always retain their culture and it’s because the father is not only active but also the head of their household.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
That’s BS I have cousins who are half Somali(paternally) and half Arab(maternally) and speak perfect Somali.

The culture identity comes from exposure for example my cousins would regularly visit his Uncles/Aunties who spoke Somali and they’d go every Summer to Hargeisa and Burco because they love the weather and people.
My cousins are mixed with Algerians and they have practically assimilated in their culture and ONLY have Maghrebins as friends. They practically think they're full Arab so I don't bother with them.

That’s far too simplistic. In a household with a dominant father, every mixed family I’ve seen has been geared towards the fathers culture. The Nigerian community is a great example, Nigerian men tend to marry women of all ethnicities yet their kids nearly always retain their culture and it’s because the father is not only active but also the head of their household.

That is a shit example.

Most mixed blacks always side with their black identity in the west, simply because blackness is inclusive, whilst whiteness isn't. I've got got a few mixed Nigerian friends who definitely feel closer to their Nigerian side. Also, white people are seen as not really having a culture, which pushes them to their madow side even more.

But guess what, most cannot speak their language properly whether it be Yoruba or Igbo ect. It doesn't help that Nigerians tend to mostly speak Pidgeon (broken English mixed with local language) which makes it even harder for to learn pure Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba

Trust me I know, i have a few madow and mixed friends and are constantly around them.

Men are at a disadvantage when it comes to passing language and culture, especially if the mother is not cadaan and is from a strong culture.
Your child, especially the first fews years spends their whole time with the mum, especially whilst your at work. Its always been this way.As a man you are not the primary caregiver, nurturer most of the time.

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.

I agree children speak the language whatever the mum chooses to speak to them. I know couple who’s Chinese and French. The mom who’s Chinese prefer her daughter to speak French all day the kid speaks fluent French and little Chinese the dad is out working sometimes going back and forth between London and Paris. If the mom wanted to she could’ve made Chinese language priority and the girl would’ve been fluent. Children learn language, behaviour, religion etc from the mom after all she’s the child’s first teacher

Trending

Latest posts