They casting a BLACK girl to play a Somali girl

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I've seen plenty of black african looking Somali women & most Somali females look black african, so on a looks basis she could pass for the typical Somali female.

Then why is it easy to tell a Somali a part from other groups including other HOAs. A psedo Somali looking individual who has no East African heritage isn't a carbon copy. And with madows its normally not something they pass along generation- after-generation.

You're generally an ajnabi beg so you're not to be taken seriously.

Last edited:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Not suprised. And as always AA actors do a horrible portrayal. If you are going to play a part of a different ethnicity at least be convincing or cast someone that is Somali.
Sorry but I would rather have these African Americans or whatever take the role of the Somali over actors that look like Barkhad or whatever

CaliTedesse

VIP
She looks more Somali than some of the ********** lot. Kkk nah I kid I kid

Mate it’s nothing new. They always do this. There was a clip I saw where the dude was chatting some gibberish and it said in the subtitles, “speaking in Somali”

I'm weak

I had this African Madow who came to Uk as Somali do this to me. They said we have another Somali working here. So I went and spoke Somali. He made some sh1t up and then told people I wasn’t Somali nacala
Didn't you tell that story before it was so hilarious wallahi

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Sorry but I would rather have these African Americans or whatever take the role of the Somali over actors that look like Barkhad or whatever

Barkhad is the exception not the norm. I would rather a Somali actor/actress period and they do exist. Also, there aren't good enough AA actors that can portray a Somali. They are too lackadaisical when representing minority groups. If I was getting paid as much as them, I'd actually do method acting, ask locals for clarification and try to nail the accent like a native speaker (time allowing). You must do what they do, think how they think and act like they do or at least get into their head space. That's what separates the amateurs from the greats.

Last edited:

CaliTedesse

VIP
Barkhad is the exception not the norm. I would rather a Somali actor/actress period and they do exist. Also there aren't good enough AA actors that can portray a Somali. They are too lackadaisical when representing minority groups. If I was getting paid as much as them I'd actually do method acting, ask locals for clarification and try to nail the accent like a native speaker (time allowing). You must do what they do, think how they think and act like they do or at least get into their head space.
Tell that tot people who watched the movie. Kkkkkkkkkk

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Tell that tot people who watched the movie. Kkkkkkkkkk

The thing is Barkhad is unique looking (no one looks like him) and he had the leading role among the Somalis cast. While the other two regular looking Somali guys were overlooked and were eclipsed by his shadow.

2013_10_17_15_15_38.JPG

Then why is it easy to tell a Somali a part from other groups including other HOAs. A psedo Somali looking individual who has no East African heritage isn't a carbon copy. And with madows its normally not something they pass along generation- after-generation.

The truth hurts doesn't it?
:mjkkk::heh:

you think any somali will be spoken in the movie? cause I dont hence it doesnt need to be somali people there. its also a true story that has been sexied it up. Meaning the movie will be far from the actual truth. Also lets not act like this is a historical movie about an important person in somalias history, this is some silly dhocils story

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
you think any somali will be spoken in the movie? cause I dont hence it doesnt need to be somali people there. its also a true story that has been sexied it up. Meaning the movie will be far from the actual truth. Also lets not act like this is a historical movie about an important person in somalias history, this is some silly dhocils story

Waryaa, I'm Somali. I have the right to complain if we're being played even if it's a low budget production on the Hallmark channel. :mahubowtf: