They casting a BLACK girl to play a Somali girl

The loud AAs who whine about others playing them on screen are a minority. I'd rather have a good actor who can't speak the language get the role than a subpar xalimo who'd stink up the joint.

Also, this chick is well known and puts butts in seats, what xalimo can do that?
how is she good actor if she cant speak the language? its a girl from "mogadishu" speaking somali is a very important point. with that last point you basically just said what im saying, its for white people to enjoy, not for us.

and yes Id rather have a subpar xalimo, I want to actually be able to relate. not that i care about this movie or any ijs

how is she good actor if she cant speak the language? its a girl from "mogadishu" speaking somali is a very important point. with that last point you basically just said what im saying, its for white people to enjoy, not for us.

and yes Id rather have a subpar xalimo, I want to actually be able to relate. not that i care about this movie or any ijs
But they won’t speak Somali. You will see everyone in Mogadishu talk in perfect English.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I thought we were black?

What happened

A bad accent and dissimilar appearance. If Will Smith can't even do a Nigerian accent despite shared ancestral origins and the best acting coaches money can buy. Then what makes you think this B/C list actress can immitate a Somali accent and represent a largely unknown ethnic group. Not to mention not having the look nor the ancestral connection making it even more difficult for Somalis to accept.

Last edited:

VIP

Of course it's for others, it's a Hollywood production after all. If you want movies made for Somalis, grab a camera and yell lights camera action, baby.

Macalin M

Out here
She looks more Somali than some of the ********** lot. Kkk nah I kid I kid

Mate it’s nothing new. They always do this. There was a clip I saw where the dude was chatting some gibberish and it said in the subtitles, “speaking in Somali”

She looks more Somali than some of the ********** lot. Kkk nah I kid I kid

Mate it’s nothing new. They always do this. There was a clip I saw where the dude was chatting some gibberish and it said in the subtitles, “speaking in Somali”
I had this African Madow who came to Uk as Somali do this to me. They said we have another Somali working here. So I went and spoke Somali. He made some sh1t up and then told people I wasn’t Somali nacala

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I had this African Madow who came to Uk as Somali do this to me. They said we have another Somali working here. So I went and spoke Somali. He made some sh1t up and then told people I wasn’t Somali nacala

Lol, commiting ethnic fraud for the purpose of gaining asylum is a major offense. To be honest, all my non-Somali colleagues can easily tell. :reallymaury: And you work in the most cosmopolitan pitstop - Heathrow. Shame, shame.

Al-Burcaawi

Milf hunter
VIP
did they really have to make a movie about fgm to demonize somalis?

i get it, could be to raise awareness, but this shit will haunt us like black hawk down did, or captain philips:mjlol:

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
She really isn’t that far off looks wise.
Sucks they couldn’t get a Somali actress, but let’s not pretend like a lot of girls don’t look like her.:manny:

The film is meant for the general public to enjoy, casting an authentic Somali isn’t a goal of theirs, but getting people to watch is.

of course they’d pick an established actress lmao, look at Captain Phillips: they felt comfortable bringing Barkhad in cause he had Tom Hanks next to him.

did they really have to make a movie about fgm to demonize somalis?

i get it, could be to raise awareness, but this shit will haunt us like black hawk down did, or captain philips:mjlol:
Captain Phillips was great movie. Most people I know ended up having positive views on the pirates and wanted them to kill captain Phillips

Al-Burcaawi

Milf hunter
VIP
Captain Phillips was great movie. Most people I know ended up having positive views on the pirates and wanted them to kill captain Phillips
i better watch it tonight then

also, is it just me or does her somali sound terrible but pretty decent? she sounds like a hooyo ma taalo but with her coming straight outta xamar that shouldn't happen

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
She really isn’t that far off looks wise.
Sucks they couldn’t get a Somali actress, but let’s not pretend like a lot of girls don’t look like her.:manny:

Somali Girl
511px-Little_Somali_girl.jpeg

Actress
BQgq54QCAAAtPYz

Very convincing.

Trending