There's so many Somali guys with...

Status
Not open for further replies.
... Computer science and Software engineering degrees. I feel like every guy that goes to uni studies these two subjects. Why are there no Somali startups and companies?:ayaanswag:

You need a lot of money for startups and you need to find reliable people to establish a startup. A startup will have usually 5 people. The manager, Ceo, two regular workers and 1 intern/coop student they hire. I can understand why somalis will not take the risk to establish a startup as it requires creative thinking and some sort of investment.

This might have something to do with the fact CS/SE in North America means a very different thing than it does in the UK, at least from what I've heard.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
those are solid degrees with great earning potential around the world

the problem with entrepreneurial endeavours in this day and age is that you pretty much need competent economically savvy partners to make it. things aren't designed like the 80s where companies and banks wholesale bet on something. we are actually surprisingly good with business. that's pretty indisputable at this point. but some of that i think is chalked up to us being an insulated community and us going to each other for things before venturing elsewhere.

You need a lot of money for startups and you need to find reliable people to establish a startup. A startup will have usually 5 people. The manager, Ceo, two regular workers and 1 intern/coop student they hire. I can understand why somalis will not take the risk to establish a startup as it requires creative thinking and some sort of investment.

bingo. you pretty much need individuals across multiple fields and degrees to make something successful happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts