The Obesity epidemic in Somali community

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
What's contributing to it? lately I have been seeing too many Somali moms with this problem, and it's not just a little overweight but borderline obesity.

I have a friend who is thinking about starting a health club like weight watchers for the Somali women. Do you think it's a good idea?

Thank god for female only gyms :rejoice:
I can participate in many female only classes, this includes Yoga classes I can wear my yoga pants without having to worry about anything

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
What's contributing to it? lately I have been seeing too many Somali moms with this problem, and it's not just a little overweight but borderline obesity.

I have a friend who is thinking about starting a health club like weight watchers for the Somali women. Do you think it's a good idea?
My mom is very skinny but all of her friends are fat.

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
Most Somali mums are immigrants. They're not used to thinking about what/how much food they eat as its not normal back home.

I haven't seen Somalis born & raised in the west to get fat after marriage.

Alot of sperm intake leads to weight increase and Somalis like popping 5-15 kids per woman plus eating everything and no training.

Stop sitting at home lol

Most Somali mums are immigrants. They're not used to thinking about what/how much food they eat as its not normal back home.

I haven't seen Somalis born & raised in the west to get fat after marriage.
All Somalis do get fat after marriage very few manage not to probably because they take care of themselves or it's genetic

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
Girls/Women:

You don't even need to go to the gym. Where there is a will, there is a way. If you have any modern gadget, your phone, tablet, TV, Fitbit, You Tube, etc., you can start an exercise regiment in the comforts of your home. No excuses allowed.

Check these videos:

Additionally, invest in 5 to 10 pounds dumbbells for body sculpting. Watch your food intake, less on carbo, more on proteins, vegetables and fruits. Also cut down on sweets and caffeine. Get your sleep and keep hydrated.

Allah has bestowed you with natural beauty. All you got to do is leverage it by following the above workout.

I went from a 6'2", 130 lbs high school freshman kid where fckers wanted to wrestle me and toss me around to a 6'6", 240 lbs with defined body out of college who demanded (and got) respect from every mofo out there.

Just move your butt, y'all!

I put my Hoyo on a plant based diet.

Many Hoyos have the same issues: high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and lack of excersise.

She cut Hilib intake to once a month and has completely lowered her levels.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
^ That requires a lot of commitment, being at the gym seeing others workout is better than any apps or video workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts