The noiseless genocide of the '90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
The Rahanwayn genocide:
This noiseless genocide happened between 1992-1993 after USC (HG) and SNF(Marehan) fought over The control of Baydhabo.
The majority of this atrocity are on the Marehans as they purposely plotted the cleansing of the Rahanwayns in Bay, Bakool and Middle Jubba.

More than 300k Rahanwayn civilians starved to death because of the Inhumane and barbarous tactics used by the Marehan forces.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
The final straw was the 1 991-1992 occupation by the SNF, which had engaged in systematic and comprehensive looting of food, livestock, household possessions and even clothes. One relief worker reported that Rahanweyn women, robbed of even their clothes, were so destitute and demoralized that they would not leave their houses despite imminent starvation.

The Rahanweyn towns of Baidoa and Burhakaba became the sites of some of the most appalling famine camps seen in Africa. Death rates reached extraordinary levels, and starvation was common. By the end of November, death rates were reportedly dropping in Baidoa but had risen sharply again in Burhakaba, due to a new outbreak of fighting.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
download (2).jpeg
download (1).jpeg
download.jpeg
images (18).jpeg
download (3).jpeg
download (4).jpeg
download (5).jpeg

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
I’m sorry about the Rahanwein atrocities it was very heavy handed but they have nobody but themselves to blame when you for no reason start killing and raping fleeing innocent refugees in extremely barbaric ways which I’ve heard stories but won’t share on top that the clan who you have been neighbors with for hundreds of years in peace you crossed a line right there

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Bay and Bakool is still exclusively Rahanweyn and they are still majority in Lower Shabelle and Middle Jubba so both sides failed fighting on their lands. May Allah make Rahanweyn the real winners and rulers of the south in the future and may they prosper, inshallah.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
I’m sorry about the Rahanwein atrocities it was very heavy handed but they have nobody but themselves to blame when you for no reason start killing and raping fleeing innocent refugees in extremely barbaric ways which I’ve heard stories but won’t share on top that the clan who you have been neighbors with for hundreds of years in peace you crossed a line right there
Avenging couple of hundreds for 300k wasn't the suitable vengeance. But still they don't cry about it everyday like Jeegaan es do.

Last edited:

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
Bay and Bakool is still exclusively Rahanweyn and they are still majority in Lower Shabelle and Middle Jubba so both sides failed fighting on their lands. May Allah make Rahanweyn the real winners and rulers of the south in the future and may they prosper, inshallah.
The difference between you lot and the Rahanwayns who lost 300k+ civilians in less than 2 years is they don't make a big fuss out of it unlike YOU even though they suffered more.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Did you forget Caydiid looted their food and banned food from getting to them. Or Operation Restore Hope original mission, saving starving Rahanweyn folks was sabatoged by Hawiya?

Did you forget it was Marehan vs Muslim and even minorities werw targeting us. It was due or die for us

Bro seriously don't get into the demographics of J/Dhexe and J/Hoose
tenor-gif.45753

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
The difference between you lot and the Rahanwayns who lost 300k+ civilians in less than 2 years is they don't make a big fuss out of it unlike YOU even though they suffered more.

The difference is that Siad Barre wanted to eradicate Isaaqs while Rahanweyn lands were a battleground for both sides so there is a difference.

No sympathy. They actively supported USC in the invasion of Gedo. Mareexaan were being targeted left and right it was survival for us. Either we starve and USC + SDM make Gedo their territory or the Raxanwayn starve.
We had to save ourselves from the Raxanweyn and Hutu onslaught and if we weren't heavy handed we would be in the same position as Biimaal in Sh/Hoose - clashing with HGs in our own homeland.
Or we might be clashing with Raxanweyns in focking Garbaharey today in 2018.

Look at this report. Imagine if we weren't heavy handed?
Aideed_trapped.png

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
Avenging couple of hundreds for 300k wasn't the suitable vengeance. But still they don't cry about it everyday like Jeegaan es do.
Nobody killed 300k by bullets man it’s true Marehan did rob them as punishment but Aydiid blocked food from getting to them and afterwards he captured their two gobols in 95 and was literally running it like a slave plantation like the ones in America back in the day HG waa the real savages

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
No sympathy. They actively supported USC in the invasion of Gedo. Mareexaan were being targeted left and right it was survival for us. Either we starve and USC + SDM make Gedo their territory or the Raxanwayn starve.
We had to save ourselves from the Raxanweyn and Hutu onslaught and if we weren't heavy handed we would be in the same position as Biimaal in Sh/Hoose - clashing with HGs in our own homeland.
Or we might be clashing with Raxanweyns in focking Garbaharey today in 2018.

Look at this report. Imagine if we weren't heavy handed?
View attachment 47703
I don't blame you for avenging your loved ones but being heavy handed and starving 300k of women and children is what I oppose and it's humanely unacceptable.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
Did you forget Caydiid looted their food and banned food from getting to them. Or Operation Restore Hope original mission, saving starving Rahanweyn folks was sabatoged by Hawiya?

Did you forget it was Marehan vs Muslim and even minorities werw targeting us. It was due or die for us
I thought you were Dhulbahante :browtf:

A lot of savagery in the south and north west somalia, we civilized north easterners had it good:trumpsmirk:,we even took in minority clan refugees.

waraabe

Your superior
raxanweyn killed so many faqash, they used to feed darod to crocodiles :damedamn:

they had to face two enemies but they did good considering they didnt have access to weapons like others

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
raxanweyn killed so many faqash, they used to feed darod to crocodiles :damedamn:

they had to face two enemies but they did good considering they didnt have access to weapons like others
Half a million of them paid the price because of what they did to the fleeing Darood civilians in early part of the civil war.

XaajiXumbo

Always Venture, Always Win
I swear these darood tears is sweet, their tears truly turned into a pool so an unapologetic iljeex like me can swim on it joyfully.

Daroods should learn their history well, that no Somali clans all the way from Isaaq to Raxanweynes like them and would happily slaughter them given the chance, walee I heard stories of how daroods were viciously targeted by raxanweynes (nails were pierced on to their head) when they escaped Hawiyes wrath in South Somalia.

Isaaq and all other darood victims should sleep happily well knowing we Hawiye have done all unimaginable atrocious acts unto daroods as a punishment, we Hawiye are Allah's wrath.

Status
Not open for further replies.