The need to merge Islam and Somalinimo into ethnoreligious identity

I never assumed such a thing but reacted to your attempt to redefine diinta based on your limited aql. I don't even think that you realise the ramifications of your proposed "solution". It's through the efforts and actions of the sahaba that the deen was spread and passed down to us from the Prophet. How would we be able to know what the Prophet said and did without the sahaba ?

So now the sahaba were arab supremacists miya ? warya ninkan yaa naga qaabto

You are in desperate need of guidance yet somehow act like you know what's good for the entire somali population ? yaa isku mooda sxb bal noo sheeg ?
I hate to break it to you but the current Arabs are not the sahabah.

Somalia has seen more Arab influence since 1990 than the entire 1000+ years that they have been Muslim.

I'm sorry, but the way you talk about limited aql it's like you've already been brain-washed by the Saudis that you're not capable of handling complex thought processes and that you should follow more superior Arab thinking instead.

Last edited:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Everything
It basically Islam as it is. The history that is taught will be changed.It will start from Adam to Muhammad pbut. After that, what will be taught is that Arab's apostated and then shift all the attention to Somali saints(real and fake figures) djd
This is needed because:

1)Excessive mentions of Arab figures creates veneration of them, knowingly or unknowingly. By mentioning and giving credit to Somali figures, this will instill a sense of pride and self confidence. Arabs will have no hold over us

2) Unite Somalis under one banner and help to establish us as not only a Muslim Nation, but a leading global power with its own civilisation and art.

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
I am well versed in Deen,contray to what you think sxb. Tell me something ive said which is kufr and ill take it back.
Best of luck :samwelcome:

Let me ask you if you remove the people who passed down the Quran and Sunnah to us what are you left with from the deen? After all everything you know about the deen was passed down from them, how is it possible to know what the Prophet said and did over 14 centuries ago ? I mean how did you figure out how to pray without any source telling you how to do it practically ? Where did you get that information from ?

Which is why i stated that you didn't realise the major implications of your "solution", it's quite obvious to see that you didn't think through this "solution" of yours properly, had you done that you would've realised how silly it sounds.

Since you suggested that Xeer should be second after the Quran where does that leave the Hadith of the Prophet SAW?

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
It basically Islam as it is. The history that is taught will be changed.It will start from Adam to Muhammad pbut. After that, what will be taught is that Arab's apostated and then shift all the attention to Somali saints(real and fake figures) djd
This is needed because:

1)Excessive mentions of Arab figures creates veneration of them, knowingly or unknowingly. By mentioning and giving credit to Somali figures, this will instill a sense of pride and self confidence. Arabs will have no hold over us

2) Unite Somalis under one banner and help to establish us as not only a Muslim Nation, but a leading global power with its own civilisation and art.
Why not just put more focus and attention on Somali scholars instead of saying Arabs apostated?

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Let me ask you if you remove the people who passed down the Quran and Sunnah to us what are you left with from the deen? After all everything you know about the deen was passed down from them, how is it possible to know what the Prophet said and did over 14 centuries ago ? I mean how did you figure out how to pray without any source telling you how to do it practically ? Where did you get that information from ?

Which is why i stated that you didn't realise the major implications of your "solution", it's quite obvious to see that you didn't think through this "solution" of yours properly, had you done that you would've realised how silly it sounds.

Since you suggested that Xeer should be second after the Quran where does that leave the Hadith of the Prophet SAW?

We take the hadith, only that we attribute it to Somali figure. This is essential. Deen is so powerful and is fatal when misused. My Solution does not change a single Law,Pillar or verse of Qur'an.

Changing history is not kufr sxb

AdoonkaAlle

I hate to break it to you but the current Arabs are not the sahabah.

Somalia has seen more Arab influence since 1990 than the entire 1000+ years that they have been Muslim.

I'm sorry, but the way you talk about limited aql it's like you've already been brain-washed by the Saudis that you're not capable of handling complex thought processes and that you should follow more superior Arab thinking instead.

Sahaba were people who met the Prophet believed in him and died upon that state ie a muslim, basically these were people who lived during the time of the Prophet SAW not in modern times. Hope that is clear

Says who ? would you mind backing up your claim with actual evidence

Just ask yourself this what deems him worthy enough to come up with a solution for an entire ethnic group ? what credibility does he have to warrant such a lofty status as the saviour of somalis ? Ease up on the messiah complex !

We take the hadith, only that we attribute it to Somali figure. This is essential. Deen is so powerful and is fatal when misused. My Solution does not change a single Law,Pillar or verse of Qur'an.

Have you ever thought of the potential implications this may have on the wider ummah?

By creating a Somalified Islam, you'll be alienating other Sunnis & more division based on falsehood.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Have you ever thought of the potential implications this may have on the wider ummah?

By creating a Somalified Islam, you'll be alienating other Sunnis & more division based on falsehood.
Every revolutionary movement will come up against stiff resistance. This will force us to spread this movement and our influence globally.

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer

Idk I love history, I know history isn’t untainted, but I want it to be as authentic as I hope possible

Sahaba were people who met the Prophet believed in him and died upon that state ie a muslim, basically these were people who lived during the time of the Prophet SAW not in modern times. Hope that is clear

Says who ? would you mind backing up your claim with actual evidence

Just ask yourself this what deems him worthy enough to come up with a solution for an entire ethnic group ? what credibility does he have to warrant such a lofty status as the saviour of somalis ? Ease up on the messiah complex !
Modern SA has basically started a Salafi franchise all over the world, especially in poor countries. They started training instructors in this particular version of Islam invented by some guy in the 18th century. In just few years after they started campaigning in Somalia in 1990 people started not praying at each other's mosques, and to this day this continues. For example, in the middle of Hargeisa there are four mosques in close proximity near Shiraqle - two of them are overcrowded and two are just half empty most of the time, including the biggest and the oldest of them because these guys convinced the public that the imams/sheikhs in those mosques are practitioners bid'ah - the fake disease the Salafi product is supposed to cure.

This example goes to the rest of the city and country as a whole. They created a ridiculous division that never existed before. They also started this genocide against any cultural practice that doesn't have some origin in either Salafism or Arab culture. So effectively they have been butchering and killing the Somali culture. We never had people wearing ninja tents, or telling people are gonna go to hell for certain haircuts, or that celebrating things like marriage in non-Salafi fashion is haram - as far as I know non-Salafi marriage celebrations, i.e. with music, are banned right now in Burco by self-appointed Salafi police.

So please educate yourself about what you're preaching before you start preaching nonsense. This version of Islam was created in the 18th century. It has neither historical nor scriptural basis. Islam was accepted in the Horn before it was a thing in Arab countries. There were Muslims who have accepted Islam in the Horn of Africa before many of your favourite Sahabah did. And now Saudi Arabia is selling reinvented repackaged 18th century version of Islam. Come on!

It's not that it's doing only in Somalia either. They are doing in every poor country. They have built all the major roads in cities like Addis Ababa because wanted to turn Oromos into Salafis - not even just spreading Islam, their war is updating Muslims into 2.0 version. The Ethiopian government back then allowed them to build mosques as long as they built roads as well, and they have been installing their own propaganda sheikhs with mosques (it's like how every iPhone comes with Siri).

So, please, educate yourself, ditch the Saudi propaganda and love yourself!

Last edited:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Idk I love history, I know history isn’t untainted, but I want it to be as authentic as I hope possible
Every nation has altered history to a certain extent to maintain its legitimacy. We have to take on this messy task before we become a global power

AdoonkaAlle

Do you still not understand what this leads to ? It leads to negating the credibility and authenticity of Hadith itself, most importantly you'll be lying against the Prophet by accusing him of meeting people he has never interacted with. The Sahaba sacrificed alot for this deen and you want to negate their status all for what ? yaab

Your hatred of arabs is forcing you to change the deen of Allah to suit your own agendas.

You've also not answered my question regarding the position of Hadith since you replaced it by xeer.

AdoonkaAlle

Modern SA has basically started a Salafi franchise all over the world, especially in poor countries. They started training instructors in this particular version of Islam invented by some guy in the 18th century. In just few years after they started campaigning in Somalia in 1990 people started not praying at each other's mosques, and to this day this continues. For example, in the middle of Hargeisa there are four mosques in close proximity near Shiraqle - two of them are overcrowded and two are just half empty most of the time, including the biggest and the oldest of them because these guys convinced the public that the imams/sheikhs in those mosques are practitioners bid'ah - the fake disease the Salafi product is supposed to cure.

This example goes to the rest of the city and country as a whole. They created a ridiculous division that never existed before. They also started this genocide against any cultural practice that doesn't have some origin in either Salafism or Arab culture. So effectively they have been butchering and killing the Somali culture. We never had people wearing ninja tents, or telling people are gonna go to hell for certain haircuts, or that celebrating things like marriage in non-Salafi fashion is haram - as far as I know non-Salafi marriage celebrations, i.e. with music, are banned right now in Burco by self-appointed Salafi police.

So please educate yourself about what you're preaching before you start preaching nonsense. This version of Islam was created in the 18th century. It has neither historical nor scriptural basis. Islam was accepted in the Horn before it was a thing in Arab countries. There were Muslims who have accepted Islam in the Horn of Africa before many of your favourite Sahabah did. And now Saudi Arabia is selling reinvented repackaged 18th century version of Islam. Come on!

It's not that it's doing only in Somalia either. They are doing in every poor country. They have built all the major roads in cities like Addis Ababa because wanted to turn Oromos into Salafis - not even just spreading Islam, their war is updating Muslims into 2.0 version. The Ethiopian government back then allowed them to build mosques as long as they built roads as well, and they have been installing their own propaganda sheikhs with mosques (it's like how every iPhone comes with Siri).

So, please, educate yourself, ditch the Saudi propaganda and love yourself!

Sxb go and read about somali history and the conflicts between different groups like qaadiriya, ahmediyya salixiyyah and you will come to understand that bulshada soomaliyeed was always divided among qabil and sect lines. It's not a modern phenomena as you are trying to portray it to be.

Are you implying that except for salafi's music is allowed in the other madhabs? How does accepting islam negate the status of the Sahaba ? Do you understand the significance they have in Islam ?

I find it strange that you don't complain about how somali culture and society has been affected by gaalo dhaqan ever since we became colonised ? why is that you show indifference to this ? Had your concern for somali dhaqan been noble you would've protected from any outside interference and not be biased towards one over another.

Salafism has somewhat become synonymous with anything one doesn't like the about the deen and on this website it's been used as a pretext to launch attacks against the deen. Do you belong to that group ? if yes then why don't you man up and state what you truly believe in ?