The little mermaid gets the worst qashin.

I agree, Bantu hate is disgusting but there is a difference between a Bantu playing a real life Somali person (Iman for example) or an AA playing a fictional mermaid.

If a Bantu was cast to play a random fictional Somali character, I have no issue with that as they represent around 15% of Somalia and can be found in any gobol.

I would be just as mad if a Somali played Nelson Mandela.
But do Somalis not exist? tf do you mean "random" "fictional" what's wrong with an actual Somali playing a Somali role, even if fictional? if its about a real group of people, an ethnicity btw that Bantus are NOT apart of (that's not a "hateful" FACT), then it shouldn't be cast aside as fantasy.

Walle @Keep it a boqol 💯 was not lying about this dude

alien

📍outer space
VIP
They're the same sick fucks who bullied a chinese woman for having naturally slanted eyes.
It's her natural eyes and this feature is very specific to them lol. Their level of self hate is comical.

View attachment 237964

she actually got hate for stretching her eyes to look more "chinese". id be mad if a somali gave themselves a bidaar to look more somali because we have big foreheads

she actually got hate for stretching her eyes to look more "chinese". id be mad if a somali gave themselves a bidaar to look more somali because we have big foreheads
Where's the proof she stretched her eyes?

She's saying its natural and didn't alter her pics to slant them more.

1663291790083.png
1663291818338.png

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
But do Somalis not exist? tf do you mean "random" "fictional" what's wrong with an actual Somali playing a Somali role, even if fictional? if its about a real group of people, an ethnicity btw that Bantus are NOT apart of (that's not a "hateful" FACT), then it shouldn't be cast aside as fantasy.

Walle @Keep it a boqol 💯 was not lying about this dude

I said I would be against a Bantu playing Iman or a real ethnic Somali.

But if there was a centaur in a book which is from Somalia and there is no indication to their ethnicity, I have no issue if they choose a Bantu, Somali or Reer Xamar. Because it is fictional.

However, if a book says that a person is ethnically Somali then I would be unhappy if they chose a Bantu.

It’s an extremely sensible opinion.

I said I would be against a Bantu playing Iman or a real ethnic Somali.

But if there was a centaur in a book which is from Somalia and there is no indication to their ethnicity, I have no issue if they choose a Bantu, Somali or Reer Xamar. Because it is fictional.

However, if a book says that a person is ethnically Somali then I would be unhappy if they chose a Bantu.

It’s an extremely sensible opinion.
Nobody outside Somalia is familiar with or cares about our minorities, so when they think of a "Somali" is 99.9999999% an ethnic one :comeon:

Also, Somali is an ETHNIC group. These reer xamars and Bantus are simply not apart of it. The same way someone like @Apollo will never be German like his neighbours for instance

I agree, Bantu hate is disgusting but there is a difference between a Bantu playing a real life Somali person (Iman for example) or an AA playing a fictional mermaid.

If a Bantu was cast to play a random fictional Somali character, I have no issue with that as they represent around 15% of Somalia and can be found in any gobol.

I would be just as mad if a Somali played Nelson Mandela.
If I see a somali man getting casted as Nelson Mandela because he looks just like him I’m supporting him all the way. Ethnic Somali men just as yourself need representation and someone to look up to as well

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Nobody outside Somalia is familiar with or cares about our minorities, so when they think of a "Somali" is 99.9999999% an ethnic one :comeon:

If you ask a White person to imagine someone from Somalia, they’ll just describe a random black person unless they met numerous Somalis in their life.

Just like if you asked someone back home to describe the difference between a Vietnamese person or Malay.

If you ask a White person to imagine someone from Somalia, they’ll just describe a random black person unless they met numerous Somalis in their life.

Just like if you asked someone back home to describe the difference between a Vietnamese person or Malay.
If a story maker took the time to incorporate a Somali character for their work, they'd try to familiarise themselves with the actual people first for authenticity's sake, no?

You're unbelievable :mjlol:

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
If I see a somali man getting casted as Nelson Mandela because he looks just like him I’m supporting him all the way. Ethnic Somali men just as yourself need representation too

We have our own anti-colonial figures that made history, Aden Adde and Sharmarke.

But if a Somali legit got picked to do that movie, I would probably stay silent cos too many Bantus have been chosen to play Somalis so it’s fair game.

I’ll still be mad but I ain’t gonna snitch on him.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
If a story maker took the time to incorporate a Somali character for their work, they'd try to familiarise themselves with the actual people first for authenticity's sake, no?

You're unbelievable :mjlol:

The amount of movies made about Somalis in which they pick Bantus for casting already disproves your point.

A great and recent example is “A girl from Mogadishu”.

:dead:

The amount of movies made about Somalis in which they pick Bantus for casting already disproves your point.

A great and recent example is “A girl from Mogadishu”.

:dead:
Somalis don’t audition for Hollywood. Do u know how hard it is to find a real Somali that wouldn’t mind working in Hollywood

GemState

36/21
VIP
MENA and South Asian anti-blackness is way more overt and institutionalized throughout their societies. At least, indhoyaar are polite in person.
East Asians are the most racist people on the planet by far, but atleast The CCP is actively anti-racist. They support African immigrants & students. A lot of racists in China hate the government and the government works to suppress overt Han nationalism.

South Koreans take the cake though, by far the biggest racists on the planet. Discrimination toward ethnic Chinese in Korea has existed since the 1950s. They couldn't take up South Korean citizenship. This limited their career options to setting up restaurants. Even the restaurants they were allowed to setup was restricted, they couldn't sell rice. The irony is the Chinese in Korea had more rights under Japanese occupation than under an independent Korea. If they treat the Chinese like that, how'd you think they treat Blacks :deadrose:

South Korean companies in both China and Southeast Asia are the worst companies to work for, largely because South Korean managers have a reputation for beating employees. The difference between the Koreans vs Japanese, is at least the Japanese have guilt from WW2 so Japanese companies don't pull this crap. But not the South Koreans.

Gulf Arabs are minorities in their own country and millions of them are black, South Asia is racist though, but not to the extent of East Asians.

MENA and South Asian anti-blackness is way more overt and institutionalized throughout their societies. At least, indhoyaar are polite in person.
Depends on what MENA society. In the Gulf, they’re not overt. There are a lot of black Khaleejs and they’re given good positions here and are part of society.

Trending