The girl I wanted to marry is engaged to another guy

@Abaq So you’re saying she’s engaged im assuming no nikah and she still likes you, she wanted to get married to you but you weren’t ready but now you are? And are u sure she’s willing to get back with you?

This is probably one of the greatest pains ever next to having your ex or the girl of your dreams marrying and having kids with another man

Walle iyoo billee the soap i watch on TV are just like the ones happening in real life.

In my Soap Operas-- the one guarantee thing to unite two love birds is if one of them decides to move on with another person. The one left behind, suddenly has an epiphany. Suddenly the fuuto is in love.

*Roll eyes* & get a life!

View attachment 131871
Exactly I’ve seen that stuff too. It’s like once they see the other person happy. They gonna swoon in like a bird. I was like where ya @ all this time??

Fiance doesnt mean she is married. She is still fair fight imo. Back in the day if a man really wanted a woman, he would get rid of his rival. Im not suggesting that. But he needs to write a song for her and win her back

That’s against Islam once a Muslim brother even has intention not even propose you should give him free reign until they usually separate

There is this Hadith fromIb n ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) which states that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No man should offer a proposal of marriage over the proposal of his brother until the first one gives up or gives him permission.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 4746).

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Fiance doesnt mean she is married. She is still fair fight imo. Back in the day if a man really wanted a woman, he would get rid of his rival. Im not suggesting that. But he needs to write a song for her and win her back

How would he get rid of his competition in the old days? A duel?

Abaq

VIP
Walle iyoo billee the soap i watch on TV are just like the ones happening in real life.

In my Soap Operas-- the one guarantee thing to unite two love birds is if one of them decides to move on with another person. The one left behind, suddenly has an epiphany. Suddenly the fuuto is in love.

*Roll eyes* & get a life!

View attachment 131871
Ayeeyo, you do realise soap operas are inspired by real life right?

Abaq

VIP
@Abaq So you’re saying she’s engaged im assuming no nikah and she still likes you, she wanted to get married to you but you weren’t ready but now you are? And are u sure she’s willing to get back with you?
Yes to all questions. Somali engagement so families have already agreed. Very taboo to interfere now.

Abaq

VIP
Sure, then why did you make this thread :comeon:
Don’t be salty :icon lol: . Anyways good luck, pray istikhara and don’t wait for 2.5 years this time .
Don't get me wrong, she's easily the best looking girl i've ever interacted with, but the friend was more to my taste if you get what I mean.

Do you want the love of your life to be stuck in a loveless marriage? You said she was marrying this due out of convenience, not love. I say tell her how you feel, either by a phone call, or letter or you guys could even meet up. Open yourself up to her and tell her about your feelings. You never know, she may reciprocate your feelings and y'all will get married and live happily ever after.

She will decide for herself if she wants you or the other dude.

EDIT: "In other news, she had a really good looking friend I had an eye on for a while. I didn't try anything because I'm not a saqajaan. But now I want to ask her to hook me up. Wallahi she's better looking"

I take back everything I said. Saqajaan numbar ONE! I'm glad she ain't stuck with your ass!

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Ayeeyo, you do realise soap operas are inspired by real life right?

@Abaq

U sound very intelligent & an introvert. I doubt that u really want to settle & marry her. Or love her for that matter. U r just sorry she moved on from you. A narcissist u r Sir. Or ma'am.

Yes to all questions. Somali engagement so families have already agreed. Very taboo to interfere now.
My man youre in a tough one tbh. Why did you delay it if she wanted to get married? You missed an opportunity but I guess when a door closes another opens. It’s up to you at the end of the day but is she worth the trouble that might come from it? And keep in mind the Hadith too the other guy posted

Abaq

VIP
Do you want the love of your life to be stuck in a loveless marriage? You said she was marrying this due out of convenience, not love. I say tell her how you feel, either by a phone call, or letter or you guys could even meet up. Open yourself up to her and tell her about your feelings. You never know, she may reciprocate your feelings and y'all will get married and live happily ever after.

She will decide for herself if she wants you or the other dude.
Already spoke to her. She called me in fact. The gist of the story is come get me if you really want but I'm not prepared to ruin her engagement with the other brother.

Trending