The Dervish Dream: What were Somalia's Final 3 Decolonization attempts, and why did they fail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Greetings Fellow Somali's,

The answer to the question that I've mentioned in the thread-title, has been presented in section 14.0 of my Somali-History video-presentation series.

This is the last section of the whole-series. :whoo:

Please watch the section below, and give me some feed back on my youtube channel and on this thread . . .
upload_2017-2-11_6-6-40-png.12916

Long live the Dervish dream, :fittytousand:

Mahad.M.Hori

maestro

Cultural revolution
Are you a student of history or is all this made up? It would be nice to see Somalis be more interested in actual history you get a degree for rather than pseudo-history.

I really liked ur decolonization history lessons, lots of good things in it, for those criticising his work, at least watch his decolonization segments and point out where he got wrong, until then stfu, anyways I give it a 10/10.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Are you a student of history or is all this made up? It would be nice to see Somalis be more interested in actual history you get a degree for rather than pseudo-history.

All the quotes in the presentations are coming directly from these two books on Somali History:
(a) Somalia : A nation in search of a state
(b) Divine madness: sayyid muhammad abdulle hassan

So the answer to your first questions is No. None of this is 'Made up' or 'Fictional'. This information is certainly more solid than the ever-changing, qabil-biased, oral history that we as a people possess.
For more information on the content that i use, read the above books and tell me what you think.

I agree with your second statement. But my question is this, what do you mean by 'actual history'?

Madara x

Sleep soundly
you need to get your computer privileges taken away tbh.

didn't know hotep somalis existed smh

I know that the information in the presentations can be discomforting. :meleshame:

But don't hate the messenger, hate the message. And do something about it. :kanyehmm:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
I am Black. And all Black people [whether they know it or not] are my tribal relatives.

And i will be nothing else . . . until the end of the Racial-World-Order that we're stuck in.
So your "Black" identity supersedes your qabiil?
I know that qabyaalad in general leads to division but it's still good to know your tribe.
Personally I do not feel any ties or closeness to any other Africans or people in general that don't have any tangible cultural relation to me, ethnic or otherwise.
There has to be something for me to identify with them.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
I really liked ur decolonization history lessons, lots of good things in it, for those criticising his work, at least watch his decolonization segments and point out where he got wrong, until then stfu, anyways I give it a 10/10.

Thanks a million times for the positive feedback:salute:

I hope that other Somalis will refine these discussions that were having on this platform, by providing a more nuanced presentation of our history, and by articulating methods to move forward :hmm:

Thanks again for your kind words :ufdup:

Thanks a ton:dabcasar: Please share it with your networks
Please make some new ones about:

1. Somalias recovery
2. Allies and foes
3. Economic revival
4. Who are alshabaab and where they get funds/weapons from
5. Corruption and how to deal with it

There's more but I don't wanna overwhelm u.

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
Thanks a ton:dabcasar: Please share it with your networks
Hi. I wanted to ask you about the Wargaade Wall. In Wikipedia, it says that the ancient wall was 220m tall, so can you tell me where I can find out more about this structure.

Last edited:

Madara x

Sleep soundly
So your "Black" identity supersedes your qabiil?
I know that qabyaalad in general leads to division but it's still good to know your tribe.
Personally I do not feel any ties or closeness to any other Africans or people in general that don't have any tangible cultural relation to me, ethnic or otherwise.
There has to be something for me to identify with them.

I know my Somali tribe and abtirsi. But as i said in section 3.0 [Somali tribal order: the six systems] of my series: if the world is operating under a racial world order, then it doesn't make sense that we as Somalis are still focused on our tribal order. The racial world order takes the priority, because it is the order through which resources are allocated and people are managed. Focusing on our tribal order, instead of the racial order, is nothing more than a form of distraction. Its a way for us to focus on what we already know, because we feel powerless in the face of the white nations that are keeping us down. It is still a white v.s black, colonizer v.s colonized world that were in; but we've been kawalled into believing that we moved forward in time, when we've actually been still all along.

On the other hand, Black is much more than an identity.
To a large degree, I ascribe to Steve Biko's definition of what Black means.
In his book, i write what i like, steve biko said:
  1. Being black is not a matter of pigmentation - being black is a reflection of a mental attitude.
  2. Merely by describing yourself as black you have started on a road towards emancipation, you have committed yourself to fight against all forces that seek to use your blackness as a stamp that marks you out as a subservient being
For more info read this: http://www.sahistory.org.za/archive...bantu-stephen-biko-december-1971-south-africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts