The conflation of Islamic core beliefs and Wahabism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
You basically just said god made a mistake. Why not ban it from the get go?

No, God is merciful. A tyrant will tell u pray 100 times a day and i dont care how inconvenient it will be. God created us, so God knows our short falls

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Wahabism, if I define it in my words, is the promoting of Arab nationalism through the guise of Islam. Its doctrine places the Arab in a esteemed position where he can carry out atrocities and yet be loved and respected. In enables him to take over land and resources, destroy your language and heritage and recruit your sons to die for him while keeping his alive.

Its a political ideology

So in your own words, Wahabism is a political ideology. What about culture? Culture of the founding Arab father Wahhab?

When you grow up in a safe environment and have food and shelter, you're views will be more linient and liberal compared to if you were raised in war torn and unjust society.

Only when you become a victim, would you be able to understand the wisdom behind these laws not to say im a victim. Im oppose any Arab political control over Somalia

I oppose all political Islamist and Arab nationalist control over Somalia too. I just want our old culture (which is free from sexism and extremism) to be able to flourish like it did during Siyaad Barre’s era. The first female pilot in Africa and the Islamic world was Somali; she didn’t achieve such a great feat by “remaining indoors” under the “protection” of a male relative. She actively contributed to her people’s economic prosperity and continues to inspire girls to reach for the sky to this day. I hate to say it, but you are very backwards and sexist in your plans for Somalia’s future, and these views definitely won’t allow our country to prosper and modernise any time soon.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I oppose all political Islamist and Arab nationalist control over Somalia too. I just want our old culture (which is free from sexism and extremism) to be able to flourish like it did during Siyaad Barre’s era. The first female pilot in Africa and the Islamic world was Somali; she didn’t achieve such a great feat by “remaining indoors” under the “protection” of a male relative. She actively contributed to her people’s economic prosperity and continues to inspire girls to reach for the sky to this day. I hate to say it, but you are very backwards and sexist in your plans for Somalia’s future, and these views definitely won’t allow our country to prosper and modernise any time soon.

Priestess

Are u against Hijaab??? It is not Arab culture. its Quranic Culture.

Priestess

Are u against Hijaab??? It is not Arab culture. its Quranic Culture.

Hijab does nothing to protect women. If a man chooses to rape a woman, he will do it whether or not she wears a scarf or not. His animal instincts won’t take in the fact that a woman is wearing a hijab. It’s just a cloth that can be ripped off. I personally know a friend who wears a hijab that was sexually assaulted a few years back. Heck, in Morocco, they’ve just introduced new punishments for men who sexually harass women, a country where the vast majority of women wear a hijab or full covering and were complaining on live tv themselves that they are sick and tired of men constantly touching them and making inappropriate remarks towards them. I find it stupid how people believe a cloth on someone’s head can protect them from male sexual advances. Nothing can protect you, the least you can do is pray for strength and safety.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Hijab does nothing to protect women. If a man chooses to rape a woman, he will do it whether or not she wears a scarf or not. His animal instincts won’t take in the fact that a woman is wearing a hijab. It’s just a cloth that can be ripped off. I personally know a friend who wears a hijab that was sexually assaulted a few years back. Heck, in Morocco, they’ve just introduced new punishments for men who sexually harass women, a country where the vast majority of women wear a hijab or full covering and were complaining on live tv themselves that they are sick and tired of men constantly touching them and making inappropriate remarks towards them. I find it stupid how people believe a cloth on someone’s head can protect them from male sexual advances. Nothing can protect you, the least you can do is pray for strength and safety.

But wearing Hjaab is not about the woman. It is about, it is about Allah swt prescribing a law and for us to follow it. This is not up for debate.

Unless u dont believe in Allaah swt....
filing-nails-at-work.jpg

Samaalic Era

QurboExit

The Europe's development did not begin with democratic values but at first with religious absolute monarchy. Excluding the US, every modern country were built from brutal absolute monarchies.

Somalia will never develop or modernise under liberal democratic government.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The Europe's development did not begin with democratic values but at first with religious absolute monarchy. Excluding the US, every modern country were built from brutal absolute monarchies.

I think Somalia needs Capitalism of America, except with a twist of Islamic conservatism values, not the cut throat of the west Capitalism end game.

But my honest opinion?

We need a monarch type governance. Capitalism mixed with tribal govt. At the core of it, there should be a lot of freedom of business, and people.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
What consequences? I don't see western countries on the verge of collapse because they allow men and women to mix. Muslim countries on the other hand...:sass2:

Honestly though, are you incapable of not thinking about sex when you're around women?

The kufr would laugh at us for forbading handshakes: "Oh Muslims! How depraved and backwards must you be to discourage handshakes? What a medieval religion you have--can your men not control themselves?"

upload_2019-4-26_22-54-4.png

:wow1:

Never question the word of Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala), ever. He created us and knows our nature best. Men are weak to their lusts, no matter how much you want to sugarcoat and deny it. We must take all the steps we can to avoid zina.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist

:tacky: Habibti, I don't know how to break it to you, but Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) quite literally told women in the Qu'ran to cover themselves lest they become the subject of sexual harassment. Attempting to deny that with your anecdote is essentially you saying that you know better the Lord Himself.

A woman who's covered is far safer than a woman who isn't. We must acknowledge, however, that most hijabi women don't even properly follow what our God has decreed and they wear tight clothes, makeup, and their hijabs are merely scarves loosely worn around their necks. Then they have the audacity to complain about the hijab failing to work for them :tocry:

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist

Even the US was truly just an oligarchy until the past 20th century, if we're being honest.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
:tacky: Habibti, I don't know how to break it to you, but Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) quite literally told women in the Qu'ran to cover themselves lest they become the subject of sexual harassment. Attempting to deny that with your anecdote is essentially you saying that you know better the Lord Himself.

A woman who's covered is far safer than a woman who isn't. We must acknowledge, however, that most hijabi women don't even properly follow what our God has decreed and they wear tight clothes, makeup, and their hijabs are merely scarves loosely worn around their necks. Then they have the audacity to complain about the hijab failing to work for them :tocry:
If a woman is properly covered, she is very unlikely to be draw attention. Most women who complain about haressment are as you stated, not covered properly

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
I am subservient to the Supreme God who created prophet Muhammad pbuh

A woman could wear the skimpiest clothing and if she gets assaulted or harassed, the blame falls on the perpetrator, not her. A mans lack of self control can't be blamed on a women.

Women who wear hijabs living in Muslim countries get raped as well don't they? So, I'm not sure how a hijab or niqab is suppose to protect them.

Anyways, I don't have anything against women wearing religious garments as long as it's their choice.

The kufr would laugh at us for forbading handshakes: "Oh Muslims! How depraved and backwards must you be to discourage handshakes? What a medieval religion you have--can your men not control themselves?"

View attachment 71468

:wow1:

Never question the word of Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala), ever. He created us and knows our nature best. Men are weak to their lusts, no matter how much you want to sugarcoat and deny it. We must take all the steps we can to avoid zina.

Only specific types of people would misconstrued handshakes as a form of sexual harassment... That would not be a good place to work at, and I'm sure rules like that would ruin morale within a company.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
A woman could wear the skimpiest clothing and if she gets assaulted or harassed, the blame falls on the perpetrator, not her. A mans lack of self control can't be blamed on a women.

Women who wear hijabs living in Muslim countries get raped as well don't they? So, I'm not sure how a hijab or niqab is suppose to protect them.

Anyways, I don't have anything against women wearing religious garments as long as it's their choice.

Only specific types of people would misconstrued handshakes as a form of sexual harassment... That would not be a good place to work at, and I'm sure rules like that would ruin morale within a company.

Please don't assume that I don't blame the perpetrators of a sexual assault--I absolutely 100% do. I abhor them and wish nothing short than the worst for them. In fact, in countries where Sharia is practiced like Saudi Arabia, rape is worth the death penalty. The thought process behind women covering themselves to avoid sexual assault is only to protect them; we must acknowledge that no matter how hard you punish the rapist, you can't change the fact she was raped and the trauma she will undeniably suffer afterwards. So methods of precaution are taken. Stable, moderately wealthy, non-war-torn Muslim countries often have low rates of rape.

Aaegal

Please don't assume that I don't blame the perpetrators of a sexual assault--I absolutely 100% do. I abhor them and wish nothing short than the worst for them. In fact, in countries where Sharia is practiced like Saudi Arabia, rape is worth the death penalty. The thought process behind women covering themselves to avoid sexual assault is only to protect them; we must acknowledge that no matter how hard you punish the rapist, you can't change the fact she was raped and the trauma she will undeniably suffer afterwards. So methods of precaution are taken.

Okay, thanks for making that clear, however I don't agree with the death penalty on 95% of circumstances.

Stable, moderately wealthy, non-war-torn Muslim countries often have low rates of rape.

I would not take self reported data from Muslim countries at face value.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Okay, thanks for making that clear, however I don't agree with the death penalty on 95% of circumstances.

I would not take self reported data from Muslim countries at face value.

Why not? Just because they aren't as broad with their rape allegations as say for instance Sweden is doesn't diminish the fact that rape isn't common in those countries.

Aaegal

Why not? Just because they aren't as broad with their rape allegations as say for instance Sweden is doesn't diminish the fact that rape isn't common in those countries.
Because rape is already under reported in western countries. Women are even more unlikely to report any rape or harassment allegations in Muslim countries.

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا

Agreed People falling for these western values being punished from every angle, will only distance them Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta`ala). We should rather take steps to strengthen our faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.