ThatsSoRene weirdo is at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

World

VIP
Nope.
Pretty much all other Sub Saharan groups have little-no foreign admixture whilst Horners have significant Non-African ancestry.
We have a pre-historic mix, not recent like Latinos/Arabs but its still a mix.
They were pitch black. Look at the Omotic peoples in Ethiopia who are the indigenous people. And Somalis are still mostly dark which we get from them
You’re confusing the Omotics with the Nilotics.

1) Somalis don’t have any Omotic admixture.
2) Omotics are adapted to the Ethiopian highlands and are not that dark skin.
3) Somalis have been genetically adapting to the semi arid hot lowlands of the Horn of Africa for the past 4000-5000 years. If we’re darker, than it’s because of that.

You’re confusing the Omotics with the Nilotics.

1) Somalis don’t have any Omotic admixture.
2) Omotics are adapted to the Ethiopian highlands and are not that dark skin.
3) Somalis have been genetically adapting to the semi arid hot lowlands of the Horn of Africa for the past 4000-5000 years. If we’re darker, than it’s because of that.
My bad
Somalis are 60% Proto-Nilotic 40% Eurasian thats a fact
Our dark skin is both a result of our nilotic DNA and the environment also our curly hair we are a mixed peoples
Omotics are dark!

Nope.
Pretty much all other Sub Saharan groups have little-no foreign admixture whilst Horners have significant Non-African ancestry.
They were pitch black. Look at the Omotic peoples in Ethiopia who are the indigenous people. And Somalis are still mostly dark which we get from them

All sub-Saharan African groups seem to have some level of admixture from outside of Africa. Even Nilotes, Niger-Congo, to even Khoisan.

Yep they have admixture from Ancestral North Africans who were people from the middle east.

Around 12% according to this study.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2018/09/20/423079
Really thats very interesting because everything I have seen thus far shows modern west Africans are pretty much entirely of African heritage whilst modern Horners are heavily mixed. I find it hard to believe they are mixed to 12% maybe like 5% but 12% is higher than expected
Is this in all bantus or select groups?
Fulanis Hausas etc are evidently mixed I find it hard to believe a pure bantu from Congo is mixed

Nope.
No. Depending on how far you go back, every other race has mixed some time in the past. Skin colour changes over time. The nilotes may have looked very different in the past. You speak as if they've stayed the same. Plus, the Nilotic groups 15-20k years ago probably didn't resemble the ones we see today. I'm certain. You should come up with evidence if you are going to convince me sxb.

You are also ignoring environmental factors that change people over time. Based on where we live, if Somalis don't mix, if we lived in Europe for 20k years, then we would become white over time and our bodies would adapt to fit the environment. You are talking as if the nilotes have stayed the same all these years. Remember that Africa did look very different in the past, so the humans did also.

Look at the Khoisan. Most ancient people in the world, and even they are mixed to some degree. And they almost resemble Asians and have light skin.

World

VIP
No. Depending on how far you go back, every other race has mixed some time in the past. Skin colour changes over time. The nilotes may have looked very different in the past. You speak as if they've stayed the same. Plus, the Nilotic groups 15-20k years ago probably didn't resemble the ones we see today. I'm certain. You should come up with evidence if you are going to convince me sxb.

You are also ignoring environmental factors that change people over time. Based on where we live, if Somalis don't mix, if we lived in Europe for 20k years, then we would become white over time and our bodies would adapt to fit the environment. You are talking as if the nilotes have stayed the same all these years. Remember that Africa did look very different in the past, so the humans did also.

Look at the Khoisan. Most ancient people in the world, and even they are mixed to some degree. And they almost resemble Asians and have light skin.
It doesn’t take 20,000 years to change skin colour. Europeans were dark skin until 8000 years ago. Even the Khoisan, they were dark skin until around 2000 years ago.

Interesting guys im not an expert at this stuff I was just interested but its nice to know these things

It doesn’t take 20,000 years to change skin colour. Europeans were dark skin until 8000 years ago. Even the Khoisan, they were dark skin until around 2000 years ago.
You're correct. I knew this, but I wasn't sure how much time it would take since mutations are random. But 15-20k years is guaranteed for few mutations to happen and change melanin level.

World

VIP
You're correct. I knew this, but I wasn't sure how much time it would take since mutations are random. But 15-20k years is guaranteed for few mutations to happen and change melanin level.
Depends, it wouldn’t take that long for Somalis. Maybe 2000 years/50 generations if we got dropped in the middle of Russia or something.

What about happen is that dark skin Somalis that couldn't synthesize vitamin D would get sick and die off before they could reproduce. The lighter skinned Somalis would continue on to reproduce as they could synthesize adequate vitamin D with less melanin in their skin. Eventually, the lighter members of the Somali population would survive and with minor genetic mutation and stress, the population could very well become lighter and lighter.

9E064460-155D-4666-BF30-2FC3E1D68C36.jpeg

Guy to the left will have children, guy to the right will die.

Depends, it wouldn’t take that long for Somalis. Maybe 2000 years/50 generations if we got dropped in the middle of Russia or something.

What about happen is that dark skin Somalis that couldn't synthesize vitamin D would get sick and die off before they could reproduce. The lighter skinned members would continue on to reproduce as they could synthesize adequate vitamin D with less melanin in their skin. Eventually, the lighter members of the population would survive and with minor genetic mutation and stress, the population could very well become lighter and lighter.

View attachment 62538

True. Without technological advancement though. I think the guy to the right may live after all with all this modern medicine.

That situation would happened if we took the modern Somalis and put them in Siberia 2000 years ago.

Btw, who's the guy on the left? Noticed reiko has him on her dp also

World

VIP
True. Without technological advancement though. I think the guy to the right may live after all with all this modern medicine.

That situation would happened if we took the modern Somalis and put them in Siberia 2000 years ago.

Btw, who's the guy on the left? Noticed reiko has him on her dp also
Puntland presidential candidate.

And yeah, I meant without modern medicine/diet.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Dietary change is a stronger reason for the switch from dark to light skin in the Near East which coincides with grain cultivation. Those Basal Europeans were darker than their Near East counterparts prior to their contact, and they managed to survive.

Meanwhile Inuit are more pigmented than Northern Europeans from their predominately fish based diet, high in Vitamin D with no grain. Mostly meat-based as well.

Also, this 911 character forgets that West Africans are mixed with some Proto-West African and Ancient East African from 30-40 Kya. Do you mean to tell me they looked like purely Ancient East Africans? :nahgirl: Nonsense. Also, why are you coopting terms like Negroid to describe Archiac East Africans? It's a misnomer. And they are also a defunct group.

Last edited:

What about happen is that dark skin Somalis that couldn't synthesize vitamin D would get sick and die off before they could reproduce. The lighter skinned Somalis would continue on to reproduce as they could synthesize adequate vitamin D with less melanin in their skin. Eventually, the lighter members of the Somali population would survive and with minor genetic mutation and stress, the population could very well become lighter and lighter.

View attachment 62538

Because of global warming we will get blicker and blicker

World

VIP
Dietary change is a stronger reason for the switch from dark to light skin in the Near East which coincides with grain cultivation. Those Basal Europeans were darker than their Near East counterparts prior to their contact, and they managed to survive.

Meanwhile Inuit are more pigmented than Northern Europeans from their predominately fish based diet, high in Vitamin D with no grain. Mostly meat-based as well.

Also, this 911 character forgets that West Africans are mixed with some Proto-West African and Ancient East African from 30-40 Kya. Do you mean to tell me they looked like purely Ancient East Africans? :nahgirl: Nonsense. Also, why are you coopting terms like Negroid to describe Archiac East Africans? It's a misnomer. And they are also a defunct group.
Dietary change prevented the Inuit from being as light skinned as Northern Europeans. If they didn’t get their Vitamin D from their predominantly fish based diet, then what I’ve said applies.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Dietary change prevented the Inuit from being as light skinned as Northern Europeans. If they didn’t get their Vitamin D from their predominantly fish based diet, then what I’ve said applies.

:farmajoyaab: You are correct. I was just pointing out the interplay between climate and diet to produce changes in skin hue. However, the Inuit were not grain consumers either (as it could not be cultivated). They would have turned to some meat source which would help them retain a swarthy colour.

Also the Sami people of Northern Europe are also somewhat pigmented compare to others in N. Europe. Its bit more complex I suppose. They are still paler than the Inuit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending