Tall Xalimos or Short Xalimos poll

Tall Xalimos or Short Xalimos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dervish state (Somali: Dawlada Daraawiish, Arabic: دولة الدراويش‎ Dawlat ad-Darāwīsh) was an early 20th-century Somali Muslimkingdom. It was established by Mohammed Abdullah Hassan, a religious leader who gathered Somali forces from across the Horn of Africa and united them into loyalists known as the Dervishes. The Dervishes enabled Hassan to carve out a powerful state through conquest of lands claimed by the Somali sultanates, the Ethiopian Empire, and European powers. The Dervish state acquired renown in the Muslim world and Western worlds due to its resistance against the European empires of Britain and Italy. The Dervish forces successfully repulsed the British Empire in four military expeditions, and forced it to retreat to the coastal region.[2] As a result of its fame in the Middle East and Europe, the Dervish State was recognized as an ally by major Central Powers: the Ottoman Empire and the German Empire.[3][4] It also succeeded at outliving the Scramble for Africa, and remained throughout World War I the only independent Muslim power on the continent.[5] After a quarter of a century of holding the British at bay, the Dervishes were finally defeated in 1920.

In August 1898, the Dervish army occupied Burao, an important centre of British Somaliland, giving Muhammad Abdullah Hassan control over the city's watering places. Hassan also succeeded in making peace between the local clans and initiated a large assembly, where the population was urged to join the war against the British.
In 1900, an Ethiopian expedition which had been sent to arrest or kill Hassan looted a large number of camels. Hassan in return attacked the Ethiopian garrison at Jijiga on 4 March of that year and successfully recovered all the looted animals. He gained great prestige in recovering the looted stock from the Ethiopians and he used it along with his charisma and powers of oratory to improve his undisputed authority on the Ogaden. To harness Ogaden enthusiasm into final commitment, Hassan married the daughter of a prominent leader and in return gave his own sister, Toohyar Sheikh Adbile, to Abdi Mohammed Waale, a notable elder.

Towards the end of 1900, the Ethiopian Emperor Menelik II proposed a joint action with the British against the Dervish. Accordingly, British Lt. Col. E.J. Swayne assembled a force of 1,500 Somali soldiers led by 21 European officers and started from Burco on 22 May 1901, while an Ethiopian army of 15,000 soldiers started from Harar to join the British forces intent on crushing the 20,000 Dervish fighters (of whom 40 percent were cavalry).

In the 1920 campaign by the British, 12 aircraft were used to support the local British forces. Within a month, the British had occupied the capital of the Dervish State and Hassan had retreated to the west.

Keep chating shit you dumb hutu.

@anonymous34 :tacky: :tacky::tacky::tacky: why you embarrassing them :jaynerd: the girl talked bad about farmaaje and murusade but then claimed barkhad abdi and the non irrelevant one's from her clan:dead1:

Listen all these girls and boys are fucking jealous lool murursade are a quiet clan tbh we arent big in number. Kheyr is the first murursade in a big position reason being that murursade do not like to be in politics. My own uncle my mum's brother was offered a government job as a MP in parliament he turned it down. Alhamduiallah we are rich in xamar we own a lot of hotels. Also murursade produce the best looking hawiye women :ahh: you should see my mother :ahh: and my grandmother :banderas: tall slim thick with a small waist :ahh:

Dhulbahante people in general are very very ugly or very good looking no in between :cosbyhmm:

The bantus claiming their spoils of war :banderas:
Amison_SOM660.jpg

In August 1898, the Dervish army occupied Burao, an important centre of British Somaliland, giving Muhammad Abdullah Hassan control over the city's watering places. Hassan also succeeded in making peace between the local clans and initiated a large assembly, where the population was urged to join the war against the British.
In 1900, an Ethiopian expedition which had been sent to arrest or kill Hassan looted a large number of camels. Hassan in return attacked the Ethiopian garrison at Jijiga on 4 March of that year and successfully recovered all the looted animals. He gained great prestige in recovering the looted stock from the Ethiopians and he used it along with his charisma and powers of oratory to improve his undisputed authority on the Ogaden. To harness Ogaden enthusiasm into final commitment, Hassan married the daughter of a prominent leader and in return gave his own sister, Toohyar Sheikh Adbile, to Abdi Mohammed Waale, a notable elder.

Towards the end of 1900, the Ethiopian Emperor Menelik II proposed a joint action with the British against the Dervish. Accordingly, British Lt. Col. E.J. Swayne assembled a force of 1,500 Somali soldiers led by 21 European officers and started from Burco on 22 May 1901, while an Ethiopian army of 15,000 soldiers started from Harar to join the British forces intent on crushing the 20,000 Dervish fighters (of whom 40 percent were cavalry).

In the 1920 campaign by the British, 12 aircraft were used to support the local British forces. Within a month, the British had occupied the capital of the Dervish State and Hassan had retreated to the west.

Keep chating shit you dumb hutu.

Waryaa your clan is a fucking joke. Literally a joke. You bum lick isaaqs no matter how much info you put in her its a god damn fact. I had dhulbahante friends i know this for a fact you guys intermarry heavily into isaaqs especially HJ due to you sharing a border @fox a fellow HJ can testify to this.

You guys are nobody literally fucking nobodys so big in number yet so weak in the soul. Daroods dont even respect you. You are in the bottom of the barrel. The barrel. Even the isaaqs who you rep SL for dont even respect you. :mjlol:

Keep copying and pasting bullshit :drakelaugh:

Waryaa your clan is a fucking joke. Literally a joke. You bum lick isaaqs no matter how much info you put in her its a god damn fact. I had dhulbahante friends i know this for a fact you guys intermarry heavily into isaaqs especially HJ due to you sharing a border @fox a fellow HJ can testify to this.

You guys are nobody literally fucking nobodys so big in number yet so weak in the soul. Daroods dont even respect you. You are in the bottom of the barrel. The barrel. Even the isaaqs who you rep SL for dont even respect you. :mjlol:

Keep copying and pasting bullshit :drakelaugh:

He's a troll wallahi, no point entertaining him

Listen all these girls and boys are fucking jealous lool murursade are a quiet clan tbh we arent big in number. Kheyr is the first murursade in a big position reason being that murursade do not like to be in politics. My own uncle my mum's brother was offered a government job as a MP in parliament he turned it down. Alhamduiallah we are rich in xamar we own a lot of hotels. Also murursade produce the best looking hawiye women :ahh: you should see my mother :ahh: and my grandmother :banderas: tall slim thick with a small waist :ahh:

Dhulbahante people in general are very very ugly or very good looking no in between :cosbyhmm:
:gucciwhat: take a step back sis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending