T-M184 Discussion

Daacad90

Aspiring Buraanbur Artist.
@Daacad90 read this thread if you're interested in the T-M184 in Dir males.
I'm not a male though, having a haplogroup that comes from middle east doesn't necessarily mean we dir are middle eastern or arab walaal. To my limited knowledge, we are one of the few somali clans that don't claim arab or middle eastern origin ironically now we supposedly have a 'semetic' origin.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
I'm not a male though, having a haplogroup that comes from middle east doesn't necessarily mean we dir are middle eastern or arab walaal. To my limited knowledge, we are one if the few somali clans that don't claim arab or middle eastern origin ironically now we supposedly have a 'semetic' origin.
I get where you're coming from, we don't know for sure that this haplogroup T-M184 is South Semitic. Right now, it's just a theory. My apologies if you are confused by what i said in the other thread as i was merely trolling.

Daacad90

I get where you're coming from, we don't know for sure that this haplogroup T-M184 is South Semitic. Right now, it's just a theory. My apologies if you are confused by what i said in the other thread as i was merely trolling.
Dhib maleh walaal are you dir? Your thread is interesting, why do you think dir and other clans have different origins and haplogroups?

Timo Jareer and proud

Dhib maleh walaal are you dir? Your thread is interesting, why do you think dir and other clans have different origins and haplogroups?
There's a theory that the T in Somalis came from the Nile Valley however that theory is looking incorrect now due to the evidence of Sabaen inscriptions in Somaliland.

Daacad90

There's a theory that the T in Somalis came from the Nile Valley however that theory is looking incorrect now due to the evidence of Sabaen inscriptions in Somaliland.
So dirs used to inhabit somaliland, interesting, could that suggest that dirs where somalis from nile valley who got absorbed by mainstream somalis?

Timo Jareer and proud

So dirs used to inhabit somaliland, interesting, could that suggest that dirs where somalis from nile valley who got absorbed by mainstream somalis?
Somalis also came from Sudan. The theory goes that when Somalis (and other lowland Cushites) first migrated to the horn some 4000 years ago, the males were carriers of Haplogroup E-M78 and Haplogroup T-M184. The langaab one being the T.

Daacad90

Somalis also came from Sudan. The theory goes that when Somalis (and other lowland Cushites) first migrated to the horn some 4000 years ago, the males were carriers of Haplogroup E-M78 and Haplogroup T-M184. The langaab one being the T.
So dirs and issaqs are laangaab so sad:mjlol::gucciwhat: I mean at least we got eachothers back:trumpsmirk: T alliance

Daacad90

There was a Dir genocide in Lower Shebelle?
Yeah biimal sub clan of mahe dir was brutally massacred by the combined forces of habar gidir and hawiye under the support of the president hassan sheikh to eradicate biimaal amd steal their grazing land. Biimaal fought tooth and nail and lost many lives. It was djibouti and somaliland that provided military support.

Timo Jareer and proud

Yeah biimal sub clan of mahe dir was brutally massacred by the combined forces of habar gidir and hawiye under the support of the president hassan sheikh to eradicate biimaal amd steal their grazing land. Biimaal fought tooth and nail and lost many lives. It was djibouti and somaliland that provided military support.
Hassan Sheikh?! So this occured recently?

Trending