Stonehenge: DNA reveals origin of builders

Status
Not open for further replies.
_106461761_mediaitem106461760.jpg

A facial reconstruction of Whitehawk Woman, a 5,600-year-old Neolithic woman from Sussex. The reconstruction is on show at the Royal Pavilion & Museum in Brighton.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-...QhPTcxohiyIZgObVkU6nITfhYzeMeEZ6MMw4gvXm8X5tk

Waiting for @Apollo and @SOMALI GENERAL to say that its all FAKE because they have dark skin.
:drakelaugh:

So Stonehenge was built by EEF.

Interesting.

:hmm::hmm:

_106461761_mediaitem106461760.jpg

A facial reconstruction of Whitehawk Woman, a 5,600-year-old Neolithic woman from Sussex. The reconstruction is on show at the Royal Pavilion & Museum in Brighton.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-...QhPTcxohiyIZgObVkU6nITfhYzeMeEZ6MMw4gvXm8X5tk

Waiting for @Apollo and @SOMALI GENERAL to say that its all FAKE because they have dark skin.
:drakelaugh:

Did you read the article?

"Genetic analysis shows that the Neolithic farmers, by contrast, were paler-skinned with brown eyes and black or dark-brown hair."

:drakewtf::drakewtf:

They weren't black.

So Stonehenge was built by EEF.

Interesting.

:hmm::hmm:

Did you read the article?

"Genetic analysis shows that the Neolithic farmers, by contrast, were paler-skinned with brown eyes and black or dark-brown hair."

:drakewtf::drakewtf:

They weren't black.

Never said they were black. But Cheddar Man and this fine lady certainly weren't 'white' either.

Apollo

VIP

So they were basically European Neolithic Farmers mixed with West European Hunter-Gatherers. Nothing too surprising.

These Megalith builders belonged to haplogroup I2a from what I gather.

Never said they were black. But Cheddar Man and this fine lady certainly weren't 'white' either.

They were ethnically European, not African. These ancients were less African than today's Iberians. Phenotyping based on genotype is still in its infancy and not reliable.

So they were basically European Neolithic Farmers mixed with West European Hunter-Gatherers. Nothing too surprising.

These Megalith builders belonged to haplogroup I2a from what I gather.

They were ethnically European, not African. These ancients were less African than today's Iberians. Also, phenotyping based on genotype is still in its infancy and not reliable.

I know they were ethnically European and not African. Never said they were.

My point that Neolithic Europeans were much darker than modern Europeans.

Apollo

VIP
I know they were ethnically European and not African. Never said they were.

My point that Neolithic Europeans were much darker than modern Europeans.

You mean Paleolithic Europeans. The Neolithic ones brought lighter skin to Europe due to grain heavy diets with little meat (Vit D) while the Indo-Europeans brought (increased) blondism.

PS. I am not convinced Paleolithic Europeans were as dark as Indians. I am sensing politically correct nonsense from EU researchers. They don't know all the skin tone variant alleles, especially not those of ancient populations.

You mean Paleolithic Europeans. The Neolithic ones brought lighter skin to Europe due to grain heavy diets with little meat (Vit D) while the Indo-Europeans brought (increased) blondism.

PS. I am not convinced Paleolithic Europeans were as dark as Indians. I am sensing politically correct nonsense from EU researchers. They don't know all the skin tone variant alleles, especially not those of ancient populations.

Whitehall woman was a Neolithic woman. Her face reconstruction has been verified by the most accredited anthropologists in the United Kingdom who are all white and many are racist.

But I was expecting you to want to whitewash, so no surprise there. Interesting that whenever it turns out that they're dark skinned you call it 'political correctness' but you didn't have that same judgement and scrutiny when sourcing non representative DNA samples to remove Ancient Egyptians from their African heritage.

I see you :ulyin:

Apollo

VIP
Whitehall woman was a Neolithic woman. Her face reconstruction has been verified by the most accredited anthropologists in the United Kingdom who are all white and many are racist.

But I was expecting you to want to whitewash, so no surprise there. Interesting that whenever it turns out that they're dark skinned you call it 'political correctness' but you didn't have that same judgement and scrutiny when sourcing non representative DNA samples to remove Ancient Egyptians from their African heritage.

I see you :ulyin:

These Stonehengers were a mixture of Neolithic groups similar to Sardinians/Ancient Anatolians and WHG (West European Hunter-Gatherer). They hypothesized the dark skin from the WHG element, which I contest, but don't really care about anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending