State minister of foreign affairs meets with Russian Ambassador.

He per say, wasn't. Somalia has never had a period of no corruption. From day 1, there was some people that treated self need more then the need of the people. Those around him was corrupt. Same with Aden Adde AUN.
So the president was pure but the government and it's institutions were extremely corrupt?

Somalias government from 1960 - 69 was rife with tribalism and a mini-kleptocracy. In fact the 1969 election was rife with fraud and was one of the onuses for the military dictatorship securing power without heavy public protests.

Somalia was most stable 1960-1969.

Somalia literally became a Cold War pawn after 1969 and on top of that siyad biggest mistake was that he chose to listen to his clan elders. I guarantee if Sharmarke never was killed the country would not be where it is today.
I agree that we became a cold war pawn and Somalia went to hell with the dictatorship but the 1960-69 stability BS was a myth told by nostalgists. The '69 elections were a sham and rigged to turn Somalia into a one party state. Consequently in LasCanood 11 people died after they heard the fake election results.

Abdirashid was also assassinated by a boy sent by Cali Salibeen clan. They were angry at how the 69 election went, after the assassination's Siad Barre used this to take complete power.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
He was extremely corrupt , 1960-69 Somalia was extremely unstable and thus Siad had a way to take over the country.

Somalia needed alot of work done and had little support.
The N&N bot is now saying Cabdirashiid was corrupt to pump up dear leader. Farmaajo can't go fast enough, I need to see you complaining about the misery that is Sanaag again.

:kanyehmm:

Som

VIP
Somalia was most stable 1960-1969.

Somalia literally became a Cold War pawn after 1969 and on top of that siyad biggest mistake was that he chose to listen to his clan elders. I guarantee if Sharmarke never was killed the country would not be where it is today.
Shermarke was already a cold war pawn. Somalia was a non aligned state but heavily supported by the soviets even before the 1969 coup. The US also wanted to extend it's influence in our country, there's a famous state visit by Sharmarke in the USA with president Kennedy.

The N&N bot is now saying Cabdirashiid was corrupt to pump up dear leader. Farmaajo can't go fast enough, I need to see you complaining about the misery that is Sanaag again.

Abdirashid was literally corrupt and he tried to rig the 69 elections. Nostalgia often clouds the mind, there were literally violent protests in Somalia leading to deaths in Lascanood from it.

25 people died in 1969 due to the election violence, we shouldn't sugarcoat history.

Shermarke was already a cold war pawn. Somalia was a non aligned state but heavily supported by the soviets even before the 1969 coup. The US also wanted to extend it's influence in our country, there's a famous state visit by Sharmarke in the USA with president Kennedy.
Granted he had no choice since America supported Ethiopia and Kenya ownership of Somali lands.

:mjlol:

They couldn't do a 2 minute google search to avoid this blunder in the first place?

I used to think 68 IQ was a joke but there's no more doubt in it now to be honest :mjkkk:

repo

VIP
Abdirashid was literally corrupt and he tried to rig the 69 elections. Nostalgia often clouds the mind, there were literally violent protests in Somalia leading to deaths in Lascanood from it.

25 people died in 1969 due to the election violence, we shouldn't sugarcoat history.
You need to break that down for us, how did he try to rig the elections?

Journalism wasn't rife back then so information is sparse. However there were wide spread reports of SYL party using the illeteracy to their benefit, they would station police who would lie to them about the voting procedure. This coupled with the courts passing it through exposed corruption throughout the system.

Somalia like any other African state was doomed to fail after colonization for at least a few decades. The dictatorship simply halted that temporarily.

repo

VIP
Journalism wasn't rife back then so information is sparse. However there were wide spread reports of SYL party using the illeteracy to their benefit, they would station police who would lie to them about the voting procedure. This coupled with the courts passing it through exposed corruption throughout the system.

Somalia like any other African state was doomed to fail after colonization for at least a few decades. The dictatorship simply halted that temporarily.
I ask you again for the second time, how was he corrupt? You clearly know something the rest of us don't. We need evidence.

I ask you again for the second time, how was he corrupt? You clearly know something the rest of us don't.
What do you mean how he was corrupt? If you are talking about him monetarily i'm not sure , but corruption was rife within his government and public institutions. Rigging elections and placing judges to help turn Somalia into an effective one party state is essentially a form of corruption as well.

repo

VIP
What do you mean how he was corrupt? If you are talking about him monetarily i'm not sure , but corruption was rife within his government and public institutions. Rigging elections and placing judges to help turn Somalia into an effective one party state is essentially a form of corruption as well.
What do you mean what do I mean was he corrupt. I asked you a question, I don't want hearsay.

You also asked about election rigging not corruption....

This guy is unbelievable. I ask you again, how was he corrupt?

Reborn

It was the infancy of democracy within Somalia which would've improved over the years so long as the government doesn't kill its own citizens or wage a war :mjlol:
Could've been one of the most developed countries in sub-Sahara Africa when you take into account our rich resources.

reer

VIP
It was the infancy of democracy within Somalia which would've improved over the years so long as the government doesn't kill its own citizens or wage a war :mjlol:
Could've been one of the most developed countries in sub-Sahara Africa when you take into account our rich resources.
infant or old weak civilian governments that dont move forward are vunerable to coups. that is the rule outside the west russia and china.

I doubt we ever would've, can you name one African state after decolonization that didn't end up in civil war?

repo

VIP
If he said the SYL was corrupt, we are having a discussion but he said Cabdirashiid was extremely corrupt.

What do you mean what do I mean was he corrupt. I asked you a question, I don't want hearsay.

This guy is unbelievable. I ask you again, how was he corrupt?

You are a bad faith actor, if your whole administration is corrupt and you're government has literally taken over the judicial branch to allow a rigged election to go through , then it's highly likely you are corrupt as well.

repo

VIP
Let the record show @codewebsduh is scrambling to get out of this chokehold. Pathetic little Kashmiri, who the hell are you to sully someone like Cabdirashiid Cali Sharmaarke.

Trending

Latest posts