South Korean action blockbuster called Escape Mogadishu coming this summer

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
You guys are crying over nothing. Somalia had THREE decades to fix up, you should stop blaming Hollywood or the rest of world making films about us we are a failure.

gonna have some senegalese niggas playing all the somalis except for the one somali side character where they'll bring in barkhad abdi to play him. looking forward to it :silanyosmile:

Gorilla .gif

Right back at ya :samwelcome:

So it’s come to my attention that Korea decided to make a movie about the Somali civil war and the “escaping” of the people. Mind you the entire movie is being filmed in Morocco and so far there isn’t any Somali cast. What is y’all opinion on this ?
Link to Twitter post:
174F9AD6-7E4D-4732-8F22-D8D9282E8530.jpeg
8D2F1CFB-4733-4790-89D8-29A297A7A303.jpeg

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
Where’s the energy for black hawk down? No there were no Somali cast, and they filmed in Morocco.

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
So they would look like me (black version of a Mongoloid)

:lawd:

Nah they will hire black/Somali actors to play Somalis. It’s not their first film production in Morroco there’s a K drama called Vagabond which was filmed in Morrocco and they had real Berber Arabs playing the local characters and were speaking their dialect too.

Should we start a mass petition to stop this BS?

walahi.

How come we are ok with allowing this level of tarnishment of our culture/name? We are massive on Social media. We can get this STOPPED.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

These foreigners really irritate me. Authentically cast Somali extras or supporting cast or call it something else. I could easily call it Kinshasa (the Capital of Congo) and no one would notice the difference beyond it being filmed in Morocco. I hope the vocal online Somalis let their voices be heard.

Trending