Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
1599858956707.png

[New update as of Oct 2020 - I am 100% Somali)]

1604799423110.png

These are not my actual results but by the closest male proxy. I at least know my MTDNA is N1a. For clarification, I am the first Aden Yonis of Samaroon Siciid to do the test and here are the results. As a caveat, my roots are from Ethiopia closer to Jigjiga, Djibouti and Northwestern Somaliland/Somalia.

MTDNA
1599859232155.png

YDNA (sibling's)
1599859317414.png

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Afarta xabo ee J Somalis, they're lost Arabs.

Somalis are E something or other.... + T...

Inta kale waa adopted "shegato" :hillarybiz:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My Somali sister.. :friendhug:

Which website did you use? I want to order my kit.

Thanks, sis. I used 23andme. You should use 23andme since it's more accurate for Horn of African groups compared to Ancestry DNA.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Happy_

Laa ta aamin nin wa law kaana ninkaaga- bom!
View attachment 140820

These are not my actual results but by the closest male proxy. I at least know my MTDNA is N1a. For clarification, I am the first Aden Yonis of Samaroon Siciid to do the test and here are the results. As a caveat, my roots are from Ethiopia closer to Jigjiga, Djibouti and Northwestern Somaliland/Somalia.

MTDNA
View attachment 140821

YDNA (sibling's)
View attachment 140822

My makahil sistar :rejoice: masha‘allah somali asal dhalad, a pure somali queen:ohhhdamn: kuligiin qul masha‘allah!!!

Its fun and historic. Now, more of our Sspot Sisters will do it inshaAllaah.

How much Neanderthal did you get?

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Congrats @Sophisticate. How long did it take you, it seems did not take too long.

Also, I am glad, your don't have to hide Sister:mjlaugh: Your are 100%

Somali:obama:

I ordered the a kit that came in on August 25th, sent it off on Aug 26th and got the results in by Sept 11th (today).

Its fun and historic. Now, more of our Sspot Sisters will do it inshaAllaah.

How much Neanderthal did you get?

I surprisingly got 68 Neanderthal Variants. I don't know what that means but I know it's a lot less than most. Has anyone ever looked into the trait portion of the test?

From on T-L208 to another, welcome my distant cousin :samwelcome:

Thanks, walaal.

welcome fellow T individual :z1banet:

Is there a haplogroup club I just found out about? :lol:

Yeah, Yours like me, i would say. Your have 68 and i got 75. i think we are part of the group

that score under 75 Neanderthal. Some Somalis 75-100 and another group score over

Trending