(some) Somalilanders with minor South Asian on 23andMe

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be a Northern Somali thing. And if so, it could be pre-Islamic. We do know that Somali merchants were the middle men(as well as Yemeni/Omanis) between South Asians and Romans/Egyptians/Greeks in the lucrative cinnamon trade.
Why would a 1st ad century Somali women mix with a roman or vice versa.

World

VIP
Why would a 1st ad century Somali women mix with a roman or vice versa.
I didn't say that. But Somali merchants were the middle men for Romans and South Asians.

An extract on the trade between Somalis and Romans:
upload_2018-5-28_12-42-25.png

Want me to continue?

Apollo

VIP
It may be a Northern Somali thing. And if so, it could be pre-Islamic. We do know that Somali merchants were the middle men(as well as Yemeni/Omanis) for South Asians and Romans/Egyptians/Greeks in the lucrative cinnamon trade.

There is also this tribe Sheekhaal that looks like regular Somalis, but has a South Asian paternal lineage R1a1a and they claim to be Banu Hashim, lolz.

I didn't say that. But Somali merchants were the middle men for Romans and South Asians.

View attachment 46352

Want me to continue?
I made a joke :bell:

Seems my jokes don't work

I am doing intense research of the Semitic people they lived for 5700 year with more history than Cushities. We have to make history from Dna , I can read how Assyrians destroyed the jews and make them build royal roads.

World

VIP
There is also this tribe Sheekhaal that looks like regular Somalis, but has a South Asian paternal lineage R1a1a but they claim to be Banu Hashim, lolz.
Sheekhaal is a confederation and they're mostly wadaads. I think one of their sub clans is Benadiri.

World

VIP
I made a joke :bell:

Seems my jokes don't work

I am doing intense research of the Semitic people they lived for 5700 year with more history than Cushities. We have to make history from Dna , I can read how Assyrians destroyed the jews and make them build royal roads.
Only Northern Semites have a great history. Arabs and Southern Semites(Habeshas not included), not so much.

Apollo

VIP
Sheekhaal is a confederation and they're mostly wadaads. I think one of their sub clans is Benadiri.

Yeah, but my main point is still that I still see more South Asian influences than Arabian. All these Banu Hashim wannabes are just Pakistani merchants sent to the Horn.

Yeah, but my main point is still that I still see more South Asian influences than Arabian. All these Banu Hashim wannabes are just Pakistani merchants sent to the Horn.
Actually Sufis claiming decent from the prophet to be legit and respected check out the Real Darood thread for the second time.

Darod never existed.

I am expecting the E1b1b1 Darods to be unrelated since Jesus' time. Time will tell.
Stop triggering the gun that fast, Darood has a high chance of existence, I am saying that Darood was not banu hashim, because his lineage is not correct by the time you reach to his 2nd great grandfather something is not right because they turned history very excellent , my research say they are not in history book nor taking narration of the hadiths of the prophet.

The people of Darood or jabertis originated in ethiopia.

Darod never existed.

I am expecting the E1b1b1 Darods to be unrelated since Jesus' time. Time will tell.
Alliances of the Real Darood, with other tribes can also increase populations of tribes. Alliances lead to absorptions of peoples.

I don't want to derail but read
When Darood died he left sons behind and his sons started to mix in quickly with the Nomadic Somalis, ( based on the shams ud deen family in china with more than 60,000 members they are called the Ding). After years of copulation, Somali tribes fought each other and created alliances and caused the Darood to increase in Number.

World

VIP
Stop triggering the gun that fast, Darood has a high chance of existence, I am saying that Darood was not banu hashim, because his lineage is not correct by the time you reach to his 2nd great grandfather something is not right because they turned history very excellent , my research say they are not in history book nor taking narration of the hadiths of the prophet.

The people of Darood or jabertis originated in ethiopia.
Impossible that one migrant from 800 years ago could be the paternal ancestor of millions of people.

Impossible that one migrant from 800 years ago could be the paternal ancestor of millions of people.
Somali tribes fought each other and created alliances and caused the Darood to increase in Number.
Look at Majerteen as a case study, did you know they are Tumal tribes in Majerteen is because due to Alliance and absorption. In Ogadeen we have so much Ogadeen people not because of our skill of being great fighters due to Oromo peoples absorbing them into the tribe after a war or treaty.

In a Qabil they is no such thing as only a real clan, we must acknowledge these processes, which make a tribe a tribe or a clan a clan.

Apollo

VIP
Look at Majerteen as a case study, did you know they are Tumal tribes in Majerteen is because due to Alliance and absorption. In Ogadeen we have so much Ogadeen people not because of our skill of being great fighters due to Oromo peoples absorbing them into the tribe after a war or treaty.

In a Qabil they is no such thing as only a real clan, we must acknowledge these processes, which make a tribe a tribe or a clan a clan.

The Big Y test is still expensive, give it a few more years and all the big tribes will be exposed as unrelated since the year 0.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
low South Asian without West African = usually a Zeila merchant influenced Somalilander
high South Asian with minor West African = always a Benadiri

New technique to tell where a person is from.

You see there is this tribe in Sanaag known as Ugayslabe. They are a mixture of Somalis and Indian merchants that used to live under the Warsangali Sultanate. That's why you'll see Warsangali DNA is quite different from the rest of Hartis. They are also intermarrying with eastern Habar Yoonis and Habar Jeclo in Sanaag.

As for Benadiri. They are a confused group but they have genetically been proven to be 50% Somali and the rest being Arab, Persian, Indian, and Spanish/Portuguese.

Benadiri people are a descendant of refugees and merchant opportunist that wanted to seek a better life during the Ajuran period in the medieval times where they settled in Mogadishu and mixed with the local native Somalis which gave birth to the Benadiris.

"The late 15th and 17th centuries saw the arrival of Muslim families from Arabia, Persia, India and Spain to the Ajuran Sultanate, the majority of whom settled in the coastal provinces. Some migrated because of the instability in their respective regions, as was the case with the Hadhrami families from the Yemen and the Muslims from Spain fleeing the Inquisition. Others came to conduct business or for religious purposes. Due to their strong tradition in religious learning, the new Muslim communities also enjoyed high status among the Somali ruling elite and commoners. It's believed the Benadiri people are the decedents of these people a tiny minority who inhabit the Benadir region."

Source: Luling, Virginia (2002) page 2 and 17.

As for Zeila. People today in Zeila are purely T1a, they aren't mixed. However, historically Zeila was a metropolitan city during the Adal period where the majority was Somalis but you had foreigners living among them and most of the Anjabis believe it or not were mostly Afar and Hararis since they shared a kingdom with us northern Somalis. You also had a small number of Arabs and Persians but Indians sound new to me. Anyways, when the kingdom collapsed the city was left in ruins and the so-called Anjabis that lived in Zeila mostly fled back to their homeland. I doubt Zeila and Awdal, in general, were affected by that much mixing.

According to Briggs Phillip sources. Indian merchants never settled in Zeila.

"Through extensive trade with Abyssinia and Arabia, Adal attained its height of prosperity during the 14th century. It sold incense, myrrh, slaves, gold, silver and camels, among many other commodities. Zeila had by then started to grow into a huge multicultural metropolis, with Somalis (Predominantly), Afar, Harari, and even Arabs and Persian inhabitants."

Source: Briggs, Phillip (2012). page 53.

^^ Do the really Benadri really have Portuguese or Spanish ? I know some folks returning from Andalusia may have settled in the coast , but I always thought the Portuguese myth was just that .

The South Asian in the Horn is probably from Balochistani “Persians “.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts