Somalis were native to Hararghe until the Oromo expansion after the weakening of Adal Sultanate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

World

VIP
There was no force assimilation. The AQ gave people the choice to join as Lami(citizen) and if accepted became a part of hosting clan.

These clans have not lost who they are. We have an entire subclan of Noole, the warra Mahammed who were Yabarre and slowly became Oromo. These people know and claim it to his day, no one denies it. They have just accepted being Oromo.
These Daroods and Dir in Afran Qallo were recently assimilated people(last 100-120 years). Before the Egyptian invasion of Harar, the entire Oromo nation were pagan. Are you saying that Muslims willfully left their deen, identity, culture, and their land to become Pagan Oromos? There is no point in painting a romanticized picture.

These Daroods and Dir in Afran Qallo were recently assimilated people(last 100-120 years). Before the Egyptian invasion of Harar, the entire Oromo nation were pagan. Are you saying that Muslims willingly left their deen, identity, culture, and their land to Oromos? There is no point in painting a romanticized picture.

No those people brought Islam to the Oromos. They joined the oromo nation, but also spread Islam amongst us. It’s known that the hararge Oromo converted to Islam through the assimilation of Muslims, and Dawah of Somali and Hararis.

World

VIP
No those people brought Islam to the Oromos. They joined the oromo nation, but also spread Islam amongst us. It’s known that the hararge Oromo converted to Islam through the assimilation of Muslims, and Dawah of Somali and Hararis.
Yep but that was just 100-150 years ago. How long have Oromos been dominating Haraghe? Since the 16th century when the Oromo expansion began. Gurgura/Bursuug/Hawiye Babile who assimilated into Oromos only done so after you guys became Muslim and after the Menelik conquest of the region.

There was no force assimilation. The AQ gave people the choice to join as Lami(citizen) and if accepted became a part of hosting clan.

These clans have not lost who they are. We have an entire subclan of Noole, the warra Mahammed who were Yabarre and slowly became Oromo. These people know and claim it to his day, no one denies it. They have just accepted being Oromo.

Before AQ came into existence when Oromos were at their peak in Harare, you either became a Gabarro; put to the sword or abandon your territory.

How did you become Oromo and what Somali clan do you originally belong to?

Yep but that was just 100-150 years ago. How long have Oromos been dominating Haraghe? Since the 16th century when the Oromo expansion began. Gurgura/Bursuug/Hawiye Babile who assimilated into Oromos only done so after you guys became Muslim and after the Menelik conquest of the region.

A little before that my friend. I’m warra Mahmmed, we have Islamic names going past 20 generations. We also have Oromo names mixed between this gap, it wasn’t a recent assimilation. Most Oromos have 6 at max. Mana Abu amongst Noole is mostly ex Somalis and we have been with the Noole for over 150 years.

A little before that my friend. I’m warra Mahmmed, we have Islamic names going past 20 generations. We also have Oromo names mixed between this gap, it wasn’t a recent assimilation. Most Oromos have 6 at max. Mana Abu amongst Noole is mostly ex Somalis and we have been with the Noole for over 150 years.
So you are Darood, what about the other Mana Abu; Dir or Darood?

So you are Darood, what about the other Mana Abu; Dir or Darood?

Garir from what I’ve been told are Dir, Mahammed Yabarre, Usmaan I was told are actually Jarso so not Somali. There are more but doesn’t really matter. Most these clans are the proudest to be Oromo in hararge but also acknowledge their backgrounds.

Last edited:
I've heard Warra noole or a smiliar name to that are actually jidwaaq, so when you said ''mahamed yabarre'' the name yabarre is a clan among the jidwaaq absame.

I know about Bartire Jidwaaq but Yabarre Jidwaaq I don't know beyond that Yabarre is Shahrudin Rooble Jidwaaq Absame.

I know about Bartire Jidwaaq but Yabarre Jidwaaq I don't know beyond that Yabarre is Shahrudin Rooble Jidwaaq Absame.
The first time i heard about them was in 2016 when i was in babile, they might be known as another name like you said but the guy told me he was yabarre jidwaaq in broken somali.

I also met another guy claiming he was reer awqudub sheekhaal, but this was in harar.

The first time i heard about them was in 2016 when i was in babile, they might be known as another name like you said but the guy told me he was yabarre jidwaaq in broken somali.

I also met another guy claiming he was reer awqudub sheekhaal, but this was in harar.

I think this assimilation process also extends into the Danakil depression and into the highlands with lost Darood branches in Afar clans and even in Gurage or Amhara areas of Shewa.

Garir from what I’ve been told are Dir, Mahammed Yabarre, Usmaan I was told are actually Jarso so not Somali. There are more but doesn’t really matter. Most these clans are the proudest to be Oromo in hararge but also acknowledge their backgrounds.

For educational purposes bro, what are the clan origins of the other Somalis assimilated into the Daga clan? As the cat is out of the bag and we are not engaged in pointless arguments, why the previous suggestion that most Somalis in Daga are Dir?

By the way Warra Usmaan among the Jarso are assimilated Somalis according to a former Oromo somnet user. The think he said they were Darood.

I think this assimilation process also extends into the Danakil depression and into the highlands with lost Darood branches in Afar clans and even in Gurage or Amhara areas of Shewa.

You might be right connecting darood with afar, while i was in transit in france airport on my way to ethiopia, i met this old afar man from djibouti who told me about that darood and afar were close to each other.

For educational purposes bro, what are the clan origins of the other Somalis assimilated into the Daga clan? As the cat is out of the bag and we are not engaged in pointless arguments, why the previous suggestion that most Somalis in Daga are Dir?

By the way Warra Usmaan among the Jarso are assimilated Somalis according to a former Oromo somnet user. The think he said they were Darood.

Pm me, not something I post online.

The Qallu are Sheekhaal bro. Harar is their point of origin after all.

Since you got a direct line to Adeer Iley, tell him to be discriminative when targetting Oromos in Jijiga, some are Absame Dee.:drakekidding:

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
Every Akisho and Jarso I met say they are Somali. Perhaps we need to split up by subclans of these two clans to ascertain which ones are Somali (Dir) or Oromo.

Argobbah are Semites who moved from the southern Arabian peninsula.

Guji: Where do they live, how far west are they from Somalis in eastern Hararghe? One Guji, Oromo's? paternal haplogroup was T.

I did a quick check of Oromo paternal haplogroups, breakdown:

70% - E-V32
followed by A and B
5% - T-M70

It is conceivable every Oromo with a T paternal line could be a 'lost' Dir.

The aftermath of the Adal Wars bred chaos all over the region. There is no doubt about that. There is also no doubt about Oromos from the south taking advantage of the situation by moving northward and eastward and assimilating a lot of smaller clans.

Last edited:
You might be right connecting darood with afar, while i was in transit in france airport on my way to ethiopia, i met this old afar man from djibouti who told me about that darood and afar were close to each other.

I've heard this too though I haven't seen any lineage trees of which clan and how they're related, but anecdotally that there is at least one Darood clan in the Afar tribe called the Gabbalto.

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
There are Afars who say they are Warsengeli and went down to some town in Somalia to meet their Warsangeli brothers. There is even a video about that. According to them the Afar PM in Djibouti is Warsangeli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending