Somalis should go into tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I also recommend Somalis to go to California”

You shouldn’t be recommending anything since you live in Europe and don’t know shit about America.

Yes the tech Silicon Valley is alive and well In California but the cost of living there is astronomical along with the state tax. What you should be doing is recommending Somalis to move to tech places like Boston or Seattle since they are a good substitute for the insane cost of living and tax in California
Seattle ain't cheap tho.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
It’s never too late sxb, you can become a really good jr developer in 6 months, then easily move up to med-level developer and then transition to full-stack after few years. You can do this just by setting aside few hours a night. :)

That’s what I did

:denzelnigga:

But if y’all don’t like traditional college route try doing coding boot camps or even getting IT certs like COMPTIA+ to get your foot in the door as technical analyst or help desk position.

Silicon Valley and Seattle are over-saturated. People forgot that many tech companies have offices across the U.S. like Austin, Atlanta, Chicago, Boston etc...

Yeah i know a nigga that studied IT off of his laptop and a few books he took he took his A+ certs and got a 80k gig and all he did prior was smoke weed :russ:

But im studying for my A+ certs exam which i got in 2 months and after rhat ima be caking :trumpsmirk:

A+ is worthless. Get your CCNA Routing & Switching, and then go for the CCNA Security.

That’s what I did

:denzelnigga:

But if y’all don’t like traditional college route try doing coding boot camps or even getting IT certs like COMPTIA+ to get your foot in the door as technical analyst or help desk position.

Silicon Valley and Seattle are over-saturated. People forgot that many tech companies have offices across the U.S. like Austin, Atlanta, Chicago, Boston etc...

Are you into Networking or Programming?

Hardware? Do you mean Networking? Please elaborate
no learn about computers and servers. Like how to replace discs, how to take a part computers and servers, how to wire servers etc...
If you know how to program and you know how to do some hardware stuff, you'll be making A LOT of bank, I am talking $150k to $200k within the first decade of your career. maybe even more.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I wish the Somali government back then sent their best students to America to study tech and once they returned home. They could've gone into top engineering like modernizing our army, designing space technology, inventing different brands for cars, phones, and so on, just like what the Japanese did.

We could've established a university for those fields and Somalia would've been an advanced industrialized nation competing with other countries who are highly advanced in tech.
:meleshame::mjcry::wow:

no learn about computers and servers. Like how to replace discs, how to take a part computers and servers, how to wire servers etc...
If you know how to program and you know how to do some hardware stuff, you'll be making A LOT of bank, I am talking $150k to $200k within the first decade of your career. maybe even more.

I would advise the ppl in this forum to learn both networking and programming. My manager told me these two skills paired together will be in high demand, commanding $150,000 + in salary after a few years.

I wish the Somali government back then sent their best students to America to study tech and once they returned home. They could've gone into top engineering like modernizing our army, designing space technology and so on, just like what the Japanese did.

We could've established a university for those fields and Somalia would've been an advanced industrialized nation competing with other countries who are highly advanced in tech.
:meleshame::mjcry::wow:

India is the breeding ground for programmers and IT techs because their high school curriculum is centered around math & technology(programming & networking).

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
My dad tried so hard to get me interested into programming. He even called my high school counselor sand told them to put me in certain stem courses. My senior year I took AP computer science and just hated that shit.

I got the B but that class was so confusing.

I enjoyed my honors anatomy class way more and got interested in health.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Stay away from tech too many indians bringing wages and salaries down because they work as if they are in india still. I wish I could've of done by degree again, I would've chosen international relations or political subject. But it is what it is and I got to power on with IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.