Somalis should adapt Ancient South Arabian Script

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can adapt a script to suit a language. Cyrillic was adapted from Greek to suit Slavic languages. Greek was adapted from Phoenician to suit ancient greek. Did you know most of the world's scripts, including Indian Devanagari, is descended from Aramaic?
Why not adapt latin or arabic script then? Using a dead languages script seems awkward lol

Why not adapt latin or arabic script then? Using a dead languages script seems awkward lol

Latin is also a dead language. Saying let's use Latin or Arabic doesn't change the fundamental issue - Somali is not suited to any of those scripts. I have no problem with Arabic, but Latin is a European script. It has no correlation to Somali at all.

Let's not get into race realism, lol, you know why. What if their efficiency is LOWERED because of those scripts? They could gain more if they switched over, especially Chinese.

Race realism? Lol, I'm not a race realist (if by that you mean a racist). Why would I be a race realist when it would mean admitting Somalis are inferior? What has that got to do with my post?

Apollo

VIP
Race realism? Lol, I'm not a race realist (if by that you mean a racist). Why would I be a race realist when it would mean admitting Somalis are inferior? What has that got to do with my post?

Russia and China have high IQs, especially China. You can't compare their situations to the rest of the world. That's what that post implied.

Why do you always take everything to the extreme? What about ''not as high''?

Im pretty sure bringing up IQ in discussion about writing systems is more extreme. If you want to go down the slippery slope of IQ, Somalis don't come out anywhere except at the bottom. I still don't see a connection between an indigenous alphabet and IQ. I can learn a new alphabet in a day, a few hours if I really try. I don't pretend to be some kind of genius, so if I can do it, so can the average Joe.

Now since, Somalia has no industry or economy to speak of, I don't see how adopting an indigenous script would be so catastrophic or inefficient.

Apollo

VIP
Im pretty sure bringing up IQ in discussion about writing systems is more extreme. If you want to go down the slippery slope of IQ, Somalis don't come out anywhere except at the bottom. I still don't see a connection between an indigenous alphabet and IQ. I can learn a new alphabet in a day, a few hours if I really try. I don't pretend to be some kind of genius, so if I can do it, so can the average Joe.

Now since, Somalia has no industry or economy to speak of, I don't see how adopting an indigenous script would be so catastrophic or inefficient.

I brought it up because you kept comparing how well China was doing despite this and that. They simply aren't equivalent to Africans.

Secondly, Arab scripts don't use vowels (usually) and are objectively harder than Latin. Why introduce such a mess to a country with already high illiteracy. It seems pointless besides pushing anti-Western bias.

Latin is also a dead language. Saying let's use Latin or Arabic doesn't change the fundamental issue - Somali is not suited to any of those scripts. I have no problem with Arabic, but Latin is a European script. It has no correlation to Somali at all.
I meant it as in the script is also dead and not in use anymore
Why is somali not suited for the arabic script but suited for this one?
With latin i understand, sounds are completely different

I meant it as in the script is also dead and not in use anymore
Why is somali not suited for the arabic script but suited for this one?
With latin i understand, sounds are completely different

Arabic is cursive and harder to read. An alphabet like Greek or Latin would be easier. Plus Arabic has no vowels.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
Somalis are not going to agree on any script they can't even agree on a government. Latin script serves us fine we need to figure how to standardize words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts