Somalis should adapt Ancient South Arabian Script

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) We need an indigenous script that isn't Latin based. I'm tired of the ugly double vowels in Somali. It looks less like a language and more like a series of animal sounds.

2) South Arabia has had strong economic, historical and cultural ties with the horn for millennia. The script was used in Somaliland, evidenced by rock art and grave/tomb inscriptions.

3) Ancient South Arabian is a Afro-Asiatic language family with many of the pharyngeal sounds found in Somali.

4). It would make the horn languages easier to read as they would all be using similar alphabets.

5) South Arabian script is neat and tidy, rather than cursive like Arabic. Making it easy to learn to read and write.

6) It is tribe neutral and has a longer history and heritage. No offense to the Gadabuursi and Osmanya scripts, but I don't think Somalis would accept writing systems designed by other clans.

Cultural appropriation.

So is using Latin. At least, in my example we'd be appropriating a more similar culture.

Also, most modern scripts including Arabic and Latin descend from proto-Cushitic scrip, which itself comes from ancient semites appropriating ancient Egyptian scripts.

World

VIP
So is using Latin. At least, in my example we'd be appropriating a more similar culture.

Also, most modern scripts including Arabic and Latin descend from proto-Cushitic scrip, which itself comes from ancient semites appropriating ancient Egyptian scripts.
Majority of the world uses Latin script.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
You are gonna trigger the life out of some people on here, saxib. Prepare to be called 'an Arab bootyclapper', endlessly.

Apollo

VIP

European culture, at least the Enlightenment aspect of it, is universal and for all of humanity.

Arab culture is only for Arabs.

European culture, at least the Enlightenment aspect of it, is universal and for all of humanity.

Lol@this cultural chauvinist.

I didn't say Arab, I said Arabian. If I advocated for Arabisation I would've suggested the Arabic script and that we all start calling ourselves Mus'ab and Abu Hurayrah.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Lol@this cultural chauvinist.

I didn't say Arab, I said Arabian. If I advocated for Arabisation I would've suggested the Arabic script and that we all start calling ourselves Mus'ab and Abu Hurayrah.

That nigga is such a naccas.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300

:childplease:
Has your IQ dropped these past few months?
Cultures have been stealing shit from each other for thousands of years. Including your esteemed and holy European culture.
It seems your comments are getting stupider. Get some help :comeon:

Apollo

VIP
:childplease:
Has your IQ dropped these past few months?
Cultures have been stealing shit from each other for thousands of years. Including your esteemed and holy European culture.
It seems your comments are getting stupider. Get some help :comeon:

Arab culture must be contained, like the virus that it is.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
become an archaeologist and search Somalia for ancient scripture. There is probably tons of history below the sand and dirt, you could find enough material to recreate or find an ancient native alphabet system

1) We need an indigenous script that isn't Latin based. I'm tired of the ugly double vowels in Somali. It looks less like a language and more like a series of animal sounds.

2) South Arabia has had strong economic, historical and cultural ties with the horn for millennia. The script was used in Somaliland, evidenced by rock art and grave/tomb inscriptions.

3) Ancient South Arabian is a Afro-Asiatic language family with many of the pharyngeal sounds found in Somali.

4). It would make the horn languages easier to read as they would all be using similar alphabets.

5) South Arabian script is neat and tidy, rather than cursive like Arabic. Making it easy to learn to read and write.

6) It is tribe neutral and has a longer history and heritage. No offense to the Gadabuursi and Osmanya scripts, but I don't think Somalis would accept writing systems designed by other clans.
Ge'ez is based from South Arabian script :icon lol:

Also, most modern scripts including Arabic and Latin descend from proto-Cushitic* scrip, which itself comes from ancient semites appropriating ancient Egyptian scripts.

*Sorry, I meant proto-sinaitic script.

Arabs without big oil money = Iraq, Syria, Yemen.

They are barbarians not worth imitating.

Those aren't Arabs. Iraqis are largely Mesopotamians/Persian in origin. Syrians are a mix of original Canaanites, Greeks, Assyrian, Armenians and some Arabs. And Yemen are largely south Arabian in origin. The real Arabs are few and far between. They live in the area that Saudis and Jordanians now occupy.

Apollo

VIP
Those aren't Arabs. Iraqis are largely Mesopotamians/Persian in origin. Syrians are a mix of original Canaanites, Greeks, Assyrian, Armenians and some Arabs. And Yemen are largely south Arabian in origin. The real Arabs are few and far between. They live in the area that Saudis and Jordanians now occupy.

Arabs originally came from the Levant. They are Arabs in my book (Semites etc).

North African 'Arabs' (Berbers, Lybians, Egyptians) are more questionable.

Monumental South Arabian inscriptions has been deemed to be native to Ethiopia. It's development can be seen in the D'mt empire (precursor to Aksum), were it transformed from simple archaic writing to MSA. It's final transformation was the adoption of vowels when it became prevelent outside the courts in the Agazie civilization.

So move along...we don't need you to taint it.

Status
Not open for further replies.