Somalis have 0 sense of nationalism

Do somalis lack nationalism?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tukraq

VIP
As if there's Unity in Somalia to begin with.

There's division plus qabyaalad.

I said it woulda been better if the states worked together and helped each other...but like each state is tryna help its people(which prolly isn't bad) but they fail at doing that. Somalis don't understand unity so it's pointless I guess
its simple really let everyone look out for themselves as looking out for each other isn't actually a good thing, focus on your self and if were collectively doing that than were better off, we just need to create a better state system, a better federal system, a proper constitution, a proper Supreme Court and finally proper forms of representation, once you get that you would want a good division so minority opinions or people aren't marginalized and that everything that gets passed faces proper scrutiny and not passed quickly by the hive, we have a problem of bad leadership that can't implement proper institutions which is the issue not division or nationalism

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
its simple really let everyone look out for themselves as looking out for each other isn't actually a good thing, focus on your self and if were collectively doing that than were better off, we just need to create a better state system, a better federal system, a proper constitution, a proper Supreme Court and finally proper forms of representation, once you get that you would want a good division so minority opinions or people aren't marginalized and that everything that gets passed faces proper scrutiny and not passed quickly by the hive, we have a problem of bad leadership that can't implement proper institutions which is the issue not division or nationalism
I think the problem is obsessing over qabiils. Cause I think the majority qabiils mostly live in separate gobols.

I'm not against states sorting their own issues, but are they really solving anything. Just see the states in Somalia and how each gobol suck at improving its self. There are some trying but that's not enough.

Tukraq

VIP
I think the problem is obsessing over qabiils. Cause I think the majority qabiils mostly live in separate gobols.

I'm not against states sorting their own issues, but are they really solving anything. Just see the states in Somalia and how each gobol suck at improving its self. There are some trying but that's not enough.
nah I think SL and PL are doing great with no support, JL and GM have made crazy improvements solo security wise, issue is fgs and Mogadishu, with proper fgs leadership embracing and being pro states and proper fgs management instead of undermining whats working we can go up very fast

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
racism is similar to qabyalad
First of all, aren't Somalis racially the same despite their qabiils? Tribalism is only an issue in African countries. I don't think it does in America or in Europe. Everybody reps the city or state they hail from here in US despite their racial differences unlike in Somalia :gucciwhat:

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
nah I think SL and PL are doing great with no support, JL and GM have made crazy improvements solo security wise, issue is fgs and Mogadishu, with proper fgs leadership embracing and being pro states and proper fgs management instead of undermining whats working we can go up very fast
What do you mean no support? :ayaanswag:Diaspora somalis do fund those causes, haven't you heard of that? Also Turkey and those gulf countries sometimes fund it

Also from many videos of back home I watched, there's really nothing to be proud of. Although I acknowledge some gobols/states are doing better than others:samwelcome:
I hate all other somali's your qabiil doesn't matter. If your somali I hate you
:shookgabre: you got some issues nigga

Nationalism is literally an ideology set to unite people through shared characteristics and fundamentally contradicts the types of fragmentations you seem to promote because it would undermine its core objectives and functions.

Tukraq

VIP
Nationalism is literally an ideology set to unite people through shared characteristics and fundamentally contradicts the types of fragmentations you seem to promote because it would undermine its core objectives and functions.
you unite from the fragmentations, every individual is better represented through fragmented unity

thats like saying a person isn't nationalistic when it comes to America because he's a proud minnesotan, sorry but having pride in ones state is nationalistic

Always wanting your qabil to be in power is not nationalistic. Supporting corrupt leaders because they come from the same qabil as you is not nationalistic. Making fun of Somalis from other regions is not nationalistic. Supporting Arabs and every other ajanabi because they are your brothers in Islam but hating your Somali brothers is not nationalistic. Supporting war lords that have hurt innocent Somalis is not nationalistic.

Tukraq

VIP
Always wanting your qabil to be in power is not nationalistic. Supporting corrupt leaders because they come from the same qabil as you is not nationalistic. Making fun of Somalis from other regions is not nationalistic. Supporting Arabs and every other ajanabi because they are your brothers in Islam but hating your Somali brothers is not nationalistic. Supporting war lords that have hurt innocent Somalis is not nationalistic.
I disagree, for example in an american context many supported Obama due his race same with all the white ones, nationalism wouldn't be in question, states make fun of other states all the time still nationalistic, arabs can be somali nationally, so unless you mean actual other countries and not individuals then not really. in the US supporting warlords like bolton or bush was seen as nationalistic, so really none of that negates it, nationalism would be questioned if you supported another country over your own, like supporting Ethiopia over somalia, supporting jubaland over somaliland is still within the confines of nationalism for example

I learned that at a very early age.

At a Somali community event with 100 kids, this man was giving about 20% of the kids Mr. Freeze Jumbo freezies. He would give one random kid a freezie and go on to the next kid. What was shameless was that he would barge into mini groups of friends and select only 1 kid to give the freezie.

We were so confused. One cool western odey called him out at the very end when he took back the remaining freezies to his car. There were enough left for the rest of us. They had an argument and the man left when things got heated. It became a big scandal in the community with some of his subclan members apologizing on his behalf (he refused to do so).

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
I learned that at a very early age.

At a Somali community event with 100 kids, this man was giving about 20% of the kids Mr. Freeze Jumbo freezies. He would give one random kid a freezie and go on to the next kid. What was shameless was that he would barge into mini groups of friends and select only 1 kid to give the freezie.

We were so confused. One cool western odey called him out at the very end when he took back the remaining freezies to his car. There were enough left for the rest of us. They had an argument and the man left when things got heated. It became a big scandal in the community with some of his subclan members apologizing on his behalf (he refused to do so).

That's so pathetic , what did he think he was going to achieve by doing that?

I disagree, for example in an american context many supported Obama due his race same with all the white ones, nationalism wouldn't be in question, states make fun of other states all the time still nationalistic, arabs can be somali nationally, so unless you mean actual other countries and not individuals then not really. in the US supporting warlords like bolton or bush was seen as nationalistic, so really none of that negates it, nationalism would be questioned if you supported another country over your own, like supporting Ethiopia over somalia, supporting jubaland over somaliland is still within the confines of nationalism for example
You can’t compare somalia to America. Americans always do things for the best of their country. Somalis will do it out of xassidnimo because they have a crab in a bucket mentality. Every qabil wants to succeed above all or no one succeeds.

You see this even when Somalis talk about history, instead of saying he is somali, they mention their historical figures qabil and tell other Somalis that they can’t claim their “own”. People can hold opinions like “America” does but in the end they share a common flag, Somalis don’t.

AarHawd_7

North-West, London
Mudane Gaas disagrees sxb

D1969A0E-53E4-4468-99DE-C2B6480ED1A3.jpeg

Trending