Do somalis lack nationalism?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
not really, just bad leadership not lack of nationalism
Not when every gobol/state in Somalia believes to be its own country even tho they're not

thats like saying a person isn't nationalistic when it comes to America because he's a proud minnesotan, sorry but having pride in ones state is nationalistic
Not a good example because in Somalia there's qabyalaad on top of reppin the state you come from. In America, they just rep the states and that's about it

Tukraq

VIP
Not when every gobol/state in Somalia believes to be its own country even tho they're not
I don't consider states wanting more autonomy or being critical of the feds as going against nationalism, it very nationalistic to want them to do better and want more autonomy with in a nation, like I said above state pride and nationalism happens simultaneously

Apollo

VIP
I don't consider states wanting more autonomy or being critical of the feds as going against nationalism, it very nationalistic to want them to do better and want more autonomy with in a nation, like I said above state pride and nationalism happens simultaneously

Kurds want to unite into one country. Koreans want to as well. Germans united into a single country a generation ago.

Somalis are the only ethnic group that want to separate from each other.

Can you give me an example to counter this claim?

Tukraq

VIP

Not a good example because in Somalia there's qabyalaad on top of reppin the state you come from. In America, they just rep the states and that's about it
qabyalad would be like racism so like a racist from Mississippi who is also simultaneously nationalistic

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
There's a better way to handle that. Division won't solve a thing. Just adds confusion and "cuqdad" to the already hopeless citizens of Somalia.

If the states are working together, then yes. But that's not the case in Somalia

Tukraq

VIP
Kurds want to unite into one country. Koreans want to as well. Germans united into a single country a generation ago.

Somalis are the only ethnic group that wants to separate from each other.

Can you give me an example to counter this claim?
the US, separate states who have varying levels of secession movements, with racism but are in turn still nationalistic

Apollo

VIP
the US, separate states who have varying levels of secession movements, with racism but are in turn still nationalistic

There is no ethnicity called US Americans, lmao.

I thought you would say Spain, but Castilians and Catalans are technically different language and ethnic communities.

Tukraq

VIP
There's a better way to handle that. Division won't solve a thing. Just adds confusion and "cuqdad" to the already hopeless citizens of Somalia.

If the states are working together, then yes. But that's not the case in Somalia
the idea is that states should be working in its best intreats at all times rationally and the fgs should also, we then need a constitution and a Supreme Court to mediate between the two, division is good for representing more people politically, unity is bad

Tukraq

VIP
There is no ethnicity called US Americans, lmao.

I thought you would say Spain, but Castilians and Catalans are technically different language and ethnic communities.
same with somalis, I don't believe the tribes are related, qabyalad is like our racism

Apollo

VIP
same with somalis, I don't believe the tribes are related, qabyalad is like our racism

Trust me, they are related.

It's not at all comparable to the US, which was based on mass migration from all over Europe and then later on from all over the world.

The examples I can give you is Spain vs Catalans and the UK vs Scots.

Tukraq

VIP
Trust me, they are related.

It's not at all comparable to the US, which was based on mass migration from all over Europe and then later on from all over the world.

The examples I can give you is Spain vs Catalans and the UK vs Scots.
we can stick our hand in the sand all we want to but no the division is more like white vs black in the US then Scott vs English which is nothing, real divisions in somalia

Apollo

VIP
we can stick our hand in the sand all we want to but no the division is more like white vs black in the US then Scott vs English which is nothing, real divisions in somalia

Scots are really butthurt about Brexit (Scotland voted for Remain) and want to seriously leave. But I give you they don't hate the English as much as some Somalis hate other Somalis.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
the idea is that states should be working in its best intreats at all times rationally and the fgs should also, we then need a constitution and a Supreme Court to mediate between the two, division is good for representing more people politically, unity is bad
As if there's Unity in Somalia to begin with.

There's division plus qabyaalad.

I said it woulda been better if the states worked together and helped each other...but like each state is tryna help its people(which prolly isn't bad) but they fail at doing that. Somalis don't understand unity so it's pointless I guess

Tukraq

VIP
Scotts are really butt hurt about Brexit (Scotland voted for Remain) and want to seriously leave. But I give you they don't hate the English as much as some Somalis hate other Somalis.
somalis dont hate other somalis see this is what I'm getting at, its not a nationalistic division, its tribes that hate other tribes

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
its tribalism, nationally the same like americas are nationally the same, however tribally different like America is racially different
Tribally and racially different? You mean racially different and nationally same

Somalia is racially the same so I don't understand how it's similar to the US.

Trending