Somalis Girls Discuss Being Dark Skinned in the Somali Community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family is all dark skin and we've never had these discussions.:manny: Somalis don't really care that much about skin tone

I beg to differ! I remember dating this Somali guy and each time we went out he wouldn't stop saying how much he loved my 'light' skin complexion. And in the UK, my Somali friends used to compliment my skin tone all the time (it's actually not even funny tbh, because you feel you are nothing more than your skin colour).

I actually think it's disgusting how a lot of Somali guys are obsessed with Arab girls and their features. There is this one girl at work, she is a very white Arab and I can't help notice how some Somali men drool over her...

Im dark skinned and actually im happy with it
Im tbh so shocked that nearly all the dark skinned women in Somalia use products like Diana to bleach their skin

I just dont get it why, why would they risk their health for a lighter skin tone

It should be illegal to use Diana

I remember I was in the library once and this group of somali girls and guys were there, this one arab guy was there too. When the somali guys tried to compliment them they were like "meh". But when the arab guy said somali girls are "okay" he never even said they were "hot", these girls almost lost their shit they were screaming, the whole library could hear them. Like they won the lottery or something:mjlol::drakelaugh:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sad

Im dark skinned and actually im happy with it
Im tbh so shocked that nearly all the dark skinned women in Somalia use products like Diana to bleach their skin

I just dont get it why, why would they risk their health for a lighter skin tone

It should be illegal to use Diana

I don't get it either. Have you seen the tv presenters and singers, it's so obvious and it looks horrible. And then they claim to have that skin tone naturally :ftw9nwa: Girls be proud of your melanin!!!

I don't get it either. Have you seen the tv presenters and singers, it's so obvious and it looks horrible. And then they claim to have that skin tone naturally :ftw9nwa: Girls be proud of your melanin!!!

I cant wait till i go to hargeisa
Pretty sure they will ask me why i dont bleach my skin :mjlol: dont they have more important stuff to do tho

I beg to differ! I remember dating this Somali guy and each time we went out he wouldn't stop saying how much he loved my 'light' skin complexion. And in the UK, my Somali friends used to compliment my skin tone all the time (it's actually not even funny tbh, because you feel you are nothing more than your skin colour).

I actually think it's disgusting how a lot of Somali guys are obsessed with Arab girls and their features. There is this one girl at work, she is a very white Arab and I can't help notice how some Somali men drool over her...
I'm from the uk as well and I've also noticed an increase of Somalis obsessing with being light skin. Maybe it's because there's a lot of salafi somalis that look up to Arabs or them being influenced by European standards of beauty ( light skin, soft hair etc). Somalis before the civil war didn't care about skin tone, some of them even preferred darker skin. But recently Somalis have been obsessing over light skin, in fact if you go on tv you would see that most Somali presenters are light skin and clearly use too much Diana.

I'm from the uk as well and I've also noticed an increase of Somalis obsessing with being light skin. Maybe it's because there's a lot of salafi somalis that look up to Arabs or them being influenced by European standards of beauty ( light skin, soft hair etc). Somalis before the civil war didn't care about skin tone, some of them even preferred darker skin. But recently Somalis have been obsessing over light skin, in fact if you go on tv you would see that most Somali presenters are light skin and clearly use too much Diana.

Now... How are going we to change that dear? :ftw9nwa::p

Now... How are going we to change that dear? :ftw9nwa::p
Just go with the flow, if you can't beat them than join em
IMG_4170.JPG

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Aren't you Half-Somali? Half-Arab and Half-Somali?

TBH, this discussion is meant for dark-skin Somalis not half-Somalis who are light-skin and light-skin full ethnic Somalis :mjhaps:

Light-skins don't understand what us dark-skins have to go through.

The exit is to the left. Next :camby:
Kulaha dark skin Somali guys go through troubles. Are you a like our resident Abdi Johnson or something ?

TBH, this discussion is meant for dark-skin Somalis not half-Somalis who are light-skin and light-skin full ethnic Somalis :mjhaps:

Hmmm just wanted to show my emphathy! I may be half Somali, but I kinda go through the same within the Arab side of my family (they consider me dark!)

Us darkies go through too much discrimination. Bloody lighties will never understand us :meleshame:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts