Somalis doesn’t really have a bad name

pinkyandthebrain

Isaaq (lander) supremacist
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I wish I knew and is almost always exclusively towards Somali girls as I have seen dozens come out and tell their experience when they state their ethnicity. I think is because we are modest and reserved so they are taken by suprise when they see a somali girl dress oppositely as to what they are used to seeing.

pinkyandthebrain

VIP
Eritrean girls are more known for there looks than Somali girls and are stereotyped as lightskin with curly hair whilst Somalis are viewed as dhuxul folk
The stereotype about Eritrean women is true, however Somalis are stereotyped falsely by either ignorant people who has no clue as to how we really look or haters. Is a shame social media is pushing that stereotype onto people believing Somalis aren't goodlooking folks. It doesn't help we made enemies with everyone and we have Somalis with no back bone embarssing each other by doing gender wars and getting back at each other with pictures of barkhad abdi, etc. The same picture ajanabis use to violate us. I really don't think we are going to see the end of this stereotype as social media has become more radicalized.

A lot of people ask where I am from and I always say am from Somalia. And many of them says whaaat?? Somalia beautiful people and culture. An episode happened when an old white lady stopped me and told me that Somali women are so beautiful, a young men told me once Somali people have a strong warrior spirit. And mind you guys this all happened in Norway. Another time a young couple told me their wanted their children will Marry someone from east Africa (both of them studied abroad)
I guess it's really just the madows that hate on us only everyone else seems to love us yk

I wish I knew and is almost always exclusively towards Somali girls as I have seen dozens come out and tell their experience when they state their ethnicity. I think is because we are modest and reserved so they are taken by suprise when they see a somali girl dress oppositely as to what they are used to seeing.

I live in London somali population is very big here so they know exactly how we look. But the issue is they get suprised when your Somali and look presentable or don't wear the hijab. They automatically think your Eritrean. As if you can't look good and be somali. Is almost always exclusively a uk think. I hardly hear somali girls say they experienced this elsewhere.

pinkyandthebrain

VIP
Yeah that's what I think is because of the unfortunate memes that went viral is why people are acting up and saying out of pocket things. I rarely saw this 2 years ago. Very sad. I also think is the cunsur behaviour from Somali incels that caused people to hate Somali girls. There is decent amount of Habesha girls, mainly Eritrean. Or else how are they being compared to us in the uk?

rayxn3

🧚‍♀️
I also think is the cunsur behaviour from Somali incels that caused people to hate Somali girls.
Their whole objective is to get people to hate on Somali women but apparently a couple blm xalimos are much worse than a whole campaign dedicated to harassing Somali women. I can’t take Somali guys seriously

pinkyandthebrain

VIP
It really depends on what content you’re looking at. I don’t see that stuff cause I’m not on that side of the internet. But I do agree that somali incels love tearing us down. May Allah give them what they deserve
I'm not on tiktok, my sister is on it and she's hardly on somali tiktok. She sometimes comes across somali girls live and the comments are beyond harsh mainly by ajanabi men and ofcourse somali guys instigating and saying "they're eritrean" , completely dismissing they're somali. It has now become a trend where people are comparing us to eritrean girls and everyone saying how eritrean girls look better while we are ugly etc. Is coming randomly on peoples feed and instagram. Even my oldest sister who is not at all on somali side of tiktok had to delete tiktok because of the hatred.

Last edited:
ajanabi: what's your ethnicitiy?
me: Somali
ajanabi: say swear? you don't look. Are you sure?
me: yes I'm.sure
ajanabi: your pretty for one.
It’s 2024 we don’t need that energy out of you. No more poor me ajanbi said “X”. I’d actually prefer toxic lander energy at this point.

rayxn3

🧚‍♀️
I'm not on tiktok my sister is on it and she's hardly on somali tiktok she sometimes comes across somali girls live and the comments are beyond harsh mainly by ajanabi men and ofcourse somali guys instigating and saying "they're eritrean" completely dismissing they're somali. It has now become a trend where people are comparing us to eritrean girls and everyone saying how eritrean girls look better while we are ugly etc.. is coming randomly on peoples feed and instagram. Even my sister who is not at all on somali side of tiktok had to delete tiktok because of the hatred.
Somali men say “she’s Eritrean” whenever they see a brown/dark skin pretty Somali girl without a hijab acting promiscuously on social media too. They call them dh*los and gaalo all the time.

Most people have never heard of Eritrea. it’s not a trend. Stop getting upset over that

pinkyandthebrain

VIP
Somali men say “she’s Eritrean” whenever they see a brown/dark skin pretty Somali girl without a hijab acting promiscuously on social media too. They call them dh*los and gaalo all the time.

Most people have never heard of Eritrea. it’s not a trend. Stop getting upset over that
In the uk they're definately known they're everywhere now. I'm not upset by it but younger somali girls are having low self esteem because of this comparison. Imagine going to school and having to hear that? considering how insensitive teenagers are? anyways I honestly gave up theres too many of these trolls to get rid of them.

Yeah that's what I think is because of the unfortunate memes that went viral is why people are acting up and saying out of pocket things. I rarely saw this 2 years ago. Very sad. I also think is the cunsur behaviour from Somali incels that caused people to hate Somali girls. There is decent amount of Habesha girls, mainly Eritrean. Or else how are they being compared to us in the uk?

Trending

Latest posts