Somalis doesn’t really have a bad name

A lot of people ask where I am from and I always say am from Somalia. And many of them says whaaat?? Somalia beautiful people and culture. An episode happened when an old white lady stopped me and told me that Somali women are so beautiful, a young men told me once Somali people have a strong warrior spirit. And mind you guys this all happened in Norway. Another time a young couple told me their wanted their children will Marry someone from east Africa (both of them studied abroad)

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
What do you mean
She's always crying about how Somalis are treated poorly in the UK but that's not the case. You can say that for every group. End of the day it's about the person. No one will muck about with a Somali that'll put them in their place.

I thought they were saying the border patrol locked up darkskin Somalis in Somalia and only the lightskin Somalis come to the west. These ajnabis flip flop too much :yloezpe:
The person that said that is not from the uk. Back in the day they used to view us as "blick" and from my experience would get suprised when a lightskin Somali says they're Somali. And I'm.not the only one that experienced this.

She's always crying about how Somalis are treated poorly in the UK but that's not the case. You can say that for every group. End of the day it's about the person. No one will muck about with a Somali that'll put them in their place.
I never said right now we are treated poorly but when it comes to meeting people and I say I'm somali they get suprised and say some sly remarks. No other somali diaspora have this issue.