Not open for further replies.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
We all need some encouragement in this world full of malevolence

Preach!

You never said I love you to your mother:gucciwhat:

It's surprising. Not even once?

I felt it was insincere. She was saying it cause she thought thats what I wanted to hear. And was expecting same things from me

So, you feel she did not mean it?:yacadiim:

I get that......but imagine if I kept bombarding you with compliments. At some point you would say hey ok I get it. Also like most somalis I get uncomfortable with too much niceness. Real men dont operate like that. I give you one compliment a day and thats more than enough:manny:

I get that. Anything in abundance is often underappreciated except for air. You take it for granted now but when submerged under water you'll need it to survive.

:ayaanswag: Also, how do real mean operate?

I say I love you to my mother every day. That’s the least I can do :oops:

That's great.

Encouragement breeds complacency. You must challenge, undermine and mentally scar your offspring. Always call into question their capabilities in overt and implicit ways. Dangle the promise of compliments that never materialize from your mouth. From this, the truly superior ones will grow and become great; all in order to turn this treatment back on you. They will live their lives with a drive to subjugate and overpower, just as they should. They will, as a result, be far more successful.

Now I know why Samira is @Knowles favourite member.

Sophisticate

Somalis and in particular mothers do encourage their children. Haven’t you seen a guy who looks dhuxul like Yoweri Museveni and his mum calling him Cali Cadde?

I never told my mum i love her and she hasnt told me. If I did she would call me gay. But i call my everyday as we are very good mstes

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

Sophisticate

Somalis and in particular mothers do encourage their children. Haven’t you seen a guy who looks dhuxul like Yoweri Museveni and his mum calling him Cali Cadde?

I haven't heard that before. I never saw that as a compliment but more of a descriptive characteristic.:siilaanyolaugh: Though I don't get why it would be said if it wasn't the case.

Preach!

It's surprising. Not even once?

So, you feel she did not mean it?:yacadiim:

I get that. Anything in abundance is often underappreciated except for air. You take it for granted now but when submerged under water you'll need it to survive.

:ayaanswag: Also, how do real mean operate?

That's great.
I think he’s exaggerating a little bit

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
You never said I love you to your mother:gucciwhat:
It’s how I was raised it doesn’t mean that I don’t love her. I grew up back home in poverty. I used to see kids getting whopped badly by their parents, kids getting bullied/beat up on the streets. You gotta be tough when growing up in that sort of environment. There’s no excuse though for any western farah to not show his love to his family.

It’s how I was raised it doesn’t mean that I don’t love her. I grew up back home in poverty. I used to see kids getting whopped badly by their parents, kids getting bullied/beat up on the streets. You gotta be tough when growing up in that sort of environment. There’s no excuse though for any western farah to not show his love to his family.
Lol that sounds like an excuse. So how are you going to show any love to your future children?

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
I swear, half the members of this forum have severe mommy and daddy issues. How about you lot just grow up, and quit being the emotional wrecks you lot are.

Muji

VIP

Sophisticate

Samira and I are kindred spirits but I realise after that post she made she would never utter a compliment aimed at me. But I understand.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I swear, half the members of this forum have severe mommy and daddy issues. How about you lot just grow up, and quit being the emotional wrecks you lot are.

They were brought up or born in the west. Somalis abroad aren't carbon copies of their parents, those back home, or ancestors in terms of behaviour. And Sspot certainly shows you that we don't all have the same views.

VixR

Veritas
it isn't in somali culture to show your love to friends/family members. I never told my parents and siblings I love them. western Somalis are OK though.
I don’t think that’s fair to say?
It is in the culture well the reer magaal ones. My uncles in Somalia always tell me they love me when I speak to them and I tell my cousins in Nairobi I love them when we speak. Or maybe it's just my family. Who knows.
Reiko, were your uncles raised in Somalia?

It has to be a personality thing, because my parents encouraged us and we tell each other we love each other. I think it’s going too far to say it’s antithetical to the culture. I would sooner say it depends on the family.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
I don’t think that’s fair to say?

Reiko, were your uncles raised in Somalia?

It has to be a personality thing, because my parents encouraged us and we tell each other we love each other. I think it’s going too far to say it’s antithetical to the culture. I would sooner say it depends on the family.
I know very well about waqooye Somali culture because I was born and raised there. Not once have I heard families saying they love each other. When I first moved over here, I found quite surprising seeing my Mexican friends hugging, showing respect and love for their siblings.

I know very well about waqooye Somali culture because I was born and raised there. Not once have I heard families saying they love each other. When I first moved over here, I found quite surprising seeing my Mexican friends hugging, showing respect and love for their siblings.

Same, I think I only told my mother I love her. Never my father or siblings

I was also surprised by my ajnabi friends. That's pretty nice, insha'allah my kids will adopt that from their super pawg mother

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
Wee-Bey-Whoa-What.gif

This explains why most people on this forum are insensitive and brutal
Niggas were never shown love

Status
Not open for further replies.