Somalis and Divorce, Let’s discuss.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
68 iq test is true. It was taken in Dadaab camp during the 90’s. Apparently they tested young kids though so it’s flawed

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh. This? No, it's not true. Dunno where you got that Dadaab claim. It's a stat from the old debunked charlatan Richard Lynn's paper. They didn't test any Somalis whatsoever and just used a malnourished Ethiopian highland village as a stand-in. His paper is retarded, like the IQ claim, and completely debunked. He literally made up the IQ stats of many of the countries. There has been pretty much no IQ testing across Somalia and likely never will be anytime soon.

People like Richard Lynn who spearheaded shit like this are actual charlatans who have been debunked even by other racists:

They're also complete morons who ignore things like the Flynn Effect which shows that as nations develop and industralize their IQs gradually increase and they all tend to taper off in the same range:

You know much of China had a 80-90 IQ in the past?

Yeah... also, Lynn and his clowns literally made things up in the case of most or a lot of countries. That "69" IQ for Somalis? It's fake. There were never any tests at all of Somalis or Somalia. He just made it up based on a malnourished, rural Ethiopian village averaged with some similar population in Kenya or something like that.💀

Of course I shouldn't have had to tell you all this. What kind of waste of human life would actually hate themselves and their own people enough to believe this sophist filth?

I'm not reading through 5 pages. Is what true?

Happy Birthday Cake GIF by Storyful
OG’s beating their wives on their wedding night in the 19th century.

AbdiFreedom

Humiliator in Chief
Staff Member
I think people here have comprehension issues. Please show me where I said that DV Is high amongst Somalis.

You were alluding it was an issue of some sort. We should go back to the topic of divorce. We all know when it happens, it almost never happens because of DV but because of silly reasons for the most part. There needs to be a discussion on the immaturity, refusing to collaborate, crave for independence, victimhood, and drama seeking culture.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
68 iq test is true. It was taken in Dadaab camp during the 90’s so it’s only a certain community that was tested.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The self hate is real.

It’s not true. It was the combined measurements of Kenyan refugee camps and Ethiopians. And to top it off, Somalia wasn’t the only country that was misrepresented. The man behind the data has long since been debunked for his questionable measurements (the data could not be replicated and verified by his colleagues) and flagrant racism. He has been stripped of his credentials for a reason.

But let’s pretend this number is true… humor me for a second…how is a camp full of malnourished illiterate refugees representative of the average IQ in our community?

The quality of their lives is low, so why would you peddle race science whilst knowing their circumstances?

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
The self hate is real.

It’s not true. It was the combined measurements of Kenyan refugee camps and Ethiopians. The man behind the data has long since been debunked for his questionable measurements (the data could not be replicated and verified by his colleagues) and flagrant racism. He has been stripped of his credentials for a reason.

But let’s pretend this number is true… humor me for a second…how is a camp full of malnourished illiterate refugees representative of the average IQ in our community?

The quality of their lives are low, so why would you peddle race science knowing their circumstances?

Anyone who actually believes this, whether Somali or ajanabi, has essentially proven that THEY are a 68 IQ-er. Do people not understand how non-functional and borderline retarded 68 is? There would be absolutely no Somalis graduating from highschool, getting college degrees or cases like Ilhan Omar or the Harvard and Yale grads we see being thrown around here as exemplars of the community. Even as outliers within our community their IQ would be what... 80-90 tops? Hell, even types like Apollo, @The alchemist and @Nak-Muay-Femeu would be impossibilities. The level of stupidity self-hatred produces...

Anyone who actually believes this, whether Somali or ajanabi, has essentially proven that THEY are a 68 IQ-er. Do people not understand how non-functional and borderline retarded 68 is? There would be absolutely no Somalis graduating from highschool, getting college degrees or cases like Ilhan Omar or the Harvard and Yale grads we see being thrown around here as exemplars of the community. Even as outliers within our community their IQ would be what... 80-90 tops? Hell, even types like Apollo, @The alchemist and @Nak-Muay-Femeu would be impossibilities. The level of stupidity self-hatred produces...
The self hate is real.

It’s not true. It was the combined measurements of Kenyan refugee camps and Ethiopians. And to top it off, Somalia wasn’t the only country he misrepresented. The man behind the data has long since been debunked for his questionable measurements (the data could not be replicated and verified by his colleagues) and flagrant racism. He has been stripped of his credentials for a reason.

The quality of their lives are low, so why would you peddle race science whilst knowing their circumstances?
Don’t worry guys I know the 68 iq is bogus I’m just pulling on legs.

You were alluding it was an issue of some sort. We should go back to the topic of divorce. We all know when it happens, it almost never happens because of DV but because of silly reasons for the most part.
I literally know of two cases in my own family. Once got a divorce and her whole community helped her. The other stayed after her husband was threatened with violence by her mahrams. He never touched her physically since. Outsiders wouldn’t know this, unless she said it. That’s my point. You have no idea what happens behind closed doors. Do I believe that DV is low amongst Somalis? Compared to other groups yes, but to suggest it hardly happens is a stretch especially as of late in the diaspora there has been multiple and I mean multiple cases of men killing their wives. Two in London during lockdown. One was even on the dailymail.
There needs to be a discussion on the immaturity, refusing to collaborate, crave for independence, victimhood, and drama seeking culture.
I specially said it happens in every community not that it’s a particularly big issue in the Somali community. Only a delusional person would argue that DV doesn’t happen in the Somali community. It does and you don’t know what happens behind closed doors. But we can say for certain is that DV isn’t tolerated in the Somali community.

plus I think emotional abuse is more common amongst Somalis rather than physical.
This I found more troubling. Could not elaborate, could you?

Postscript:
The stereotype, as I understood it, [is] of people of Somali Galbeed, and not specifically of OG, but since OG are the majority, the stereotype stuck. Every region has some sort of stereotype.

Adjunct:
I find when people speak of divorce, domestic violence etc., they generally are speaking of their own families, and are dangerously generalising.

This I found more troubling. Could not elaborate, could you?

Postscript:
The stereotype, as I understood it, [is] of people of Somali Galbeed, and not specifically to OG, but since OG are the majority, the stereotype stuck. Every region has some sort of stereotype.
I have no data, no statistics. Just the troubles I’ve observed with some of the women I know especially the older gen 45-65. Some of the things they have said about their marriages have sounded like straight mental abuse. Their husbands have never hurt them physically, but emotional neglect, cruel words, blatant preference for the 2nd wife and even flaunting it to cause emotional distress and abandonment ect have been what I’ve seen and heard.

Like I said, I have no data.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Burton as per usual. I thought he was lying, but i found it strange that he specifically mentions OGs and so do Somalis.
Also, Afars have a similar ritual as well.

I know what you're mentioning:

On first entering the nuptial hut, the bridegroom draws forth his horsewhip and inflicts memorable chastisement upon the fair person of his bride, with the view of taming any lurking propensity to shrewishness. This is carrying out with a will the Arab proverb, “The slave girl from her capture, the wife from her wedding.” During the space of a week the spouse remains with his espoused, scarcely ever venturing out of the hut; his friends avoid him, and no lesser event than a plundering party or dollars to gain, would justify any intrusion.

It's an isolated singular ritual and he says nothing about domestic abuse being some regular occurrence within a marriage after. In fact:

As a general rule Somali women prefer amourettes with strangers, following the well-known Arab proverb, “The new comer filleth the eye.” In cases of scandal, the woman’s tribe revenges its honour upon the man. Should a wife disappear with a fellow-clansman, and her husband accord divorce, no penal measures are taken, but she suffers in reputation, and her female friends do not spare her.

There's literally no punishment like Desi honor-killing for a woman running off with another man.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Walaashay, no offense but you often come off to me as a negative nancy. Always shouting at the roof tops about how horrible Somalis are in terms of love, sex, marriage and bla bla and usually just citing anecdotes from within your family circle as though it applies to all of us. Domestic violence is not some normal and ingrained part of our culture. No one in my family ever did it. Even my father, a reer tuulo with a very back-home mentality, never so much as frowned at my mother. Nor did his father or his father before him touch any of their wives.

And the same applies across the vast majority of families I grew up around and whenever there is a case of domestic violence within the community it is in no way condoned but believe whatever you wish.

I know what you're mentioning:

It's an isolated singular ritual and he says nothing about domestic abuse being some regular occurrence within a marriage after. In fact:

There's literally no punishment like Desi honor-killing for a woman running off with another man.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Walaashay, no offense but you often come off to me as a negative nancy. Always shouting at the roof tops about how horrible Somalis are in terms of love, sex, marriage and bla bla and usually just citing anecdotes from within your family circle as though it applies to all of us.
With all due respect sir, I only mentioned the Ogaden situation when @Abdalla mentioned that some tribes engaged in it. I merely noted that it could have stemmed from that ritual and that it isn’t something modern day Somalis engage in. Firstly read the whole thread before jumping to conclusions. I was literally trying to make an educated guess as to why OGs have a stereotype when modern OGs aren’t any different to Somalis and don’t condone DV.
Domestic violence is not some normal and ingrained part of our culture. No one in my family ever did it. Even my father, a reer tuulo with a very back-home mentality, never so much as frowned at my mother. Nor did his father or his father before him touch any of their wives.
Again, if you read my posts properly you’d know that I said that Somalis as a culture do not tolerate DV and that mahrams would feel anger and would try and get their daughter/sister divorced from the culprit. I also mentioned that in Somali culture DV is seen as emasculating and unmanly. I merely pointed out that DV happens in every community and that what makes Somali unique isn’t that DV doesn’t happen, which isn’t true as it happens everywhere in the world but what makes them praiseworthy is lack of tolerance for it and their disgust.

I’ve not slandered Somalis at all. In fact, I was being praising them for it and said that attitude is a blessing.
And the same applies across the vast majority of families I grew up around and whenever there is a case of domestic violence within the community it is in no way condoned but believe whatever you wish.
That is literally what I was saying the whole
Time!!!

Come On Please GIF by NBA

Please read my posts before commenting! You’ll find that you agree with me!

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
With all due respect sir, I only mentioned the Ogaden situation when @Abdalla mentioned that some tribes engaged in it. I merely noted that it could have stemmed from that ritual and that it isn’t something modern day Somalis engage in. Firstly read the whole thread before jumping to conclusions.

Again, if you read my posts properly you’d know that I said that Somalis as a culture do not tolerate DV and that mahrams would feel anger and would try and get their daughter/sister divorced from the culprit. I also mentioned that in Somali culture DV is seen as emasculating and unmanly. I merely pointed out that DV happens in every community and that what makes Somali unique isn’t that DV doesn’t happen, which isn’t true as it happens everywhere in the world is because of their lack of tolerance for it and their disgust.

I’ve not slandered Somalis at all. In fact, I was being praiseworthy.

That is literally what I was saying the whole
Time!!!

Come On Please GIF by NBA

please read my posts before commenting! You’ll find that you agree with me!

I already said I couldn't read 5 pages, abaayo macantay. But I am sorry for strawmanning you as a result of my ignorance. Much apologies.

Happy Birthday Cake GIF by Storyful

Trending

Latest posts