Somalis and Divorce, Let’s discuss.

In Islam we are recommended to marry virgins. The prophet ﷺ marrying widows was due to other reasons.
There is nothing wrong with marrying a divorced woman or widow. many and I mean many Sahabis would also marry divorced and widowed women and we know of Sahabi women who would marry after their husband’s death or divorce. People like Fatima bin Qays had three prominent Sahabas ask for her hand in marriage and it was the prophet s.a.w that helped her choose who she should marry.

Also, Jabir was a young virgin himself and it’s also recommended for women to marry young men as well as this is shown in the Hadith about Fatima and Ali. But you men like to use the Hadith of Jabir to look down on widowed and divorced women when in Islam, it is encouraged for those women to remarry and men can marry them if they so want without people making negative comments.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Redpill faraxs mad that Somali women aren’t abused. The tweet he quoted is obviously about women choosing faraxad over gumeys and abuse, nobody is actually getting married 30 times.

And how is divorce masculine? Wallahi these niggas getting out of hand. :what:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Y’all need to stop. OG’s are no different to other Somalis in this day and age. My comment about OG’s is a historical one so obviously this isn’t something that happens to this day or something the girls would see with their own fam and clan members.
Are you insinuating a cultural practice is unique to a specific qabil? Are you making a career change to FKD?
:browtf:

Hamzza

VIP
Y’all need to stop. OG’s are no different to other Somalis in this day and age. My comment about OG’s is a historical one so obviously this isn’t something that happens to this day or something the girls would see with their own fam and clan members.
It happens to this day

Are you insinuating a cultural practice is unique to a specific qabil? Are you making a career change to FKD?
I’m not. I don’t care about Qabil. Merely talking about something I’ve read 19th century explorers witnessed in the 1800s and how Somalis confirm it. The OG’s beat their wife schtick doesn’t come from the present but 150-200 yrs ago that’s been passed down. OGs are currently no different to other Somalis. It means nothing.

Um, I haven't heard of domestic violence being common among Ogadens. My family is Ogaden, and this isn't a common practice either. It's looked down upon to be violent towards a woman, my parents would always get angry at my brothers for arguing with me or roughhousing. Don't know where you heard this. Nor do any of the OG Somalis in my extended family beat their wives.

Always heard the rumour that Ogaden men beat their wives

It happens to this day
No it doesn’t. That cultural practice I described isn’t recognized by modern Somalis. Any OG man that attempts that would be seen as a lunatic and the wife would probs run away on her wedding night with her mahrams knocking on her new husband’s door. I doubt modern OGs know of this practice let alone approve and practice it.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Always heard the rumour that Ogaden men beat their wives

Of the less than 5 domestic violence cases I heard of, all involved Ogaden men. But it's very rare in the Somali community. @Angelina should not be trying to say DV is an issue in the community. It's not. She cannot tell us which ethnic group has less DV than Somalis.

Of the less than 5 domestic violence cases I heard of, all involved Ogaden men. But it's very rare in the Somali community. @Angelina should not be trying to say DV is an issue in the community. It's not. She cannot tell us which ethnic group has less DV than Somalis.
I think people here have comprehension issues. Please show me where I said that DV Is high amongst Somalis.

Hamzza

VIP
No it doesn’t. That cultural practice I described isn’t recognized by modern Somalis. Any OG man that attempts that would be seen as a lunatic and the wife would probs run away on her wedding night with her mahrams knocking on her new husband’s door. I doubt modern OGs know of this practice let alone approve and practice it.
Lol you're ignorant @Angelina

Trending

Latest posts