Somalilander sucking up to Arabs 'a 30 year old in Mogadishu has never been to school'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t want unity with Isaac in fact I view them the same way I view zionists in Israel but your tribe Zionist Isaac claim warsengeli land who are my kith and kin I am Majeerteen nin darood ah and I’ll be damned if you try claim my land for your landless Isaac Zionist tribe.
yeah yeah its our land blah blah, i know the drill. if these people got their "land", and a new survey that showed all the remaining folks wanted to leave, would you let them leave?

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
It doesn't have research capacity on the ground. It is not capable of making effective evaluations. Effective statistics and research findings require a strong centralised power, something absent from all parts of Somalia & Somaliland.
Haa ok I will entertain you :ulyin:
Data collection is the Somali regions is challenging due to insecurity in some areas. Face-to-face time is limited to about 60 minutes while a full consumption questionnaire usually takes 90 to 120 minutes. Also, limited field access makes monitoring of data quality difficult. These challenge were overcome by a newly developed methodology to collect consumption data in 60 minutes, and with the design of a remote real-time data monitoring system. The survey was implemented using tablets as survey devices (CAPI). Interviews were conducted using SurveyCTO Collect on the tablet with data transmitted to a secure server in a cloud computing environment. GPS tracker helped to track all devices using a web interface, Barcode Scanner allowed to use barcodes for the identification of enumerators, and a parental control application provided a safe contained working environment for enumerators.

It was an improvement on previous years

This chapter uses data from SLHS 2013 to understand changes in poverty and other socio-economic characteristics in the three years to 2016. The SLHS 2013 employed penand-paper interviewing (PAPI) and a separate sampling frame for urban and rural areas. In contrast, the SHFS 2016 was implemented using computer-assisted personal interviewing (CAPI), a rapid consumption methodology and a more robust sample frame for rural households.
http://documents.worldbank.org/cura...Poverty-Profile-Update-4-27-November-2017.pdf

@Adam Isaaq all this tells me is you got your education in Somaliland cause you are showing signs of bad literacy and according to the report your literacy rate is very low.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
i guess its because i still believe we can work out our problems. but time is ticking, and people aren't doing anything really helpful. Every day that goes by one more lander is born, and that kid wont know about something called "somalia". :mjpls:

i kid you not, when i was Sl majority of the youth had never met a non lander. there is a clear disconnect between the people. And unionists are worsening the situation by screaming "sL d0eSnT eXiSt"

Too many outside forces (and internal forces) have a vested interest in the continuation of the status quo in Somalia. So i don't think the motherland will fix itself anytime soon. And although i'd prefer to keep the union intact, i don't see it working out. Maybe all the qabiil states should just become their own countries. :kanyeshrug:

http://documents.worldbank.org/cura...Poverty-Profile-Update-4-27-November-2017.pdf

@Adam Isaaq all this tells me is you got your education in Somaliland cause you are showing signs of bad literacy and according to the report your literacy rate is very low.

Sadly, you are as naive as you are wrong. They contract out these research projects with tenders, which are then largely falsified to make the bids cost effective. Sorry to burst your bubble.

They themselves say 'Highly Challenging', and then they create a methodology which allows them to obviate the usual requirements.

Too many outside forces (and internal forces) have a vested interest in the continuation of the status quo in Somalia. So i don't think the motherland will fix itself anytime soon. And although i'd prefer to keep the union intact, i don't see it working out. Maybe all the qabiil states should just become their own countries. :kanyeshrug:
yeah but not countries, those would have been some tiny ass countries. maybe self-governing states under one union. but Mogadishu cant be the capital and the flag has to be changed, we need a fresh start. savage Somalis would never except one clan ruling another clan, there would be a civil war again. anything hinting that someone rules more than someone else would cause chaos.

If Somaliland joins the union we would be the swing block, and that would mean one of the major groups would lose out. They don't actually want union. They don't actually want to share their money. The way it works now is better for them all. They don't want us to be independent or fully in, this limbo suits them. If we came fully in, it would probably be to make a powersharing arrangement with former USC, which would lead to more war.

Yeah it’s what I have imagined, if Somaliland were to unite with Somalia they would probably try to make sure a repeat of 60’s and 70’s wouldn’t happen again, that is getting ruled by the south.

Which leaves either two options:

Either demand for an Isaaq president immediately upon joining the union.

Or arrange for some sort of power sharing with the admins from the south and go from there.

Both options can lead to civil war and a repeat of history and therefore we are better off with the way things are off now.

If Somaliland were to ever join Somalia it would probably be as a temporary confederate with the option to leave anytime they want.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
Sadly, you are as naive as you are wrong. They contract out these research projects with tenders, which are then largely falsified to make the bids cost effective. Sorry to burst your bubble.
tenor.gif

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
yeah but not countries, those would have been some tiny ass countries. maybe self-governing states under one union. but Mogadishu cant be the capital and the flag has to be changed, we need a fresh start. savage Somalis would never except one clan ruling another clan, there would be a civil war again. anything hinting that someone rules more than someone else would cause chaos.

Typical Somalis. They will submit to foreign actors but god forbid Somalis from another qabiil "rule over you". Tough amongst themselves, weak against foreigners.

Unless we stop thinking along clan lines this union will never amount to anything. Self governing states are fine, but the problem is that Somalis can't even do federalism correctly. It'll be a miracle if this mess gets resolved before i die of old age. :bell:

It doesn't say 'highly challenging' anywhere in the report, niyahow you are a fraud you remind me of my son @XamarCade subhanAllah

"Data collection is the Somali regions is challenging due to insecurity in some areas. Face-to-face time is limited to about 60 minutes while a full consumption questionnaire usually takes 90 to 120 minutes. Also, limited field access makes monitoring of data quality difficult."

I apologise, I should have put highly 'challenging', but the idea that the world bank is capable of getting reliable data from Somalia is just absurd. Go on somalijobs right now and you will see tenders for a dozen different research projects, each for a big NGO or International Agency. The research is not conducted in an way that meets general standards.

Typical Somalis. They will submit to foreign actors but god forbid Somalis from another qabiil "rule over you". Tough amongst themselves, weak against foreigners.

Unless we stop thinking along clan lines this union will never amount to anything. Self governing states are fine, but the problem is that Somalis can't even do federalism correctly. It'll be a miracle if this mess gets resolved before i die of old age. :bell:

if there was no such thing as qabiil among our people, we would have no issues co-existing without wanting to rip our heads off each other. somalis believe their qabiil is an ethnicity:ftw9nwa:

"Tough amongst themselves, weak against foreigners"- this is very true.

MX needs to bring back law and order.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
"Data collection is the Somali regions is challenging due to insecurity in some areas. Face-to-face time is limited to about 60 minutes while a full consumption questionnaire usually takes 90 to 120 minutes. Also, limited field access makes monitoring of data quality difficult."

I apologise, I should have put highly 'challenging', but the idea that the world bank is capable of getting reliable data from Somalia is just absurd. Go on somalijobs right now and you will see tenders for a dozen different research projects, each for a big NGO or International Agency. The research is not conducted in an way that meets general standards.
If it's wrong then prove it, you can't say it does not meet general standards and not show how.

If it's wrong then prove it, you can't say it does not meet general standards and not show how.

The point I'm trying to make is not that Somaliland is better than Puntland on any of these measures and that's why the report is problematic. It's that the level is so low across the board it is meaningless to make a distinction. We are all so low, that any comparative measure will be incapable of capturing the realities and variances.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
yeah yeah its our land blah blah, i know the drill. if these people got their "land", and a new survey that showed all the remaining folks wanted to leave, would you let them leave?
I don’t want to unite with Zionist Isaac I would rather seek unity with the Zionist state of Israel as a darood man I don’t want anything to do with them

Why these Puntlanders always trying to compare themselves with SL, you guys are forcing your residents at gunpoint to use fake printed money, to avoid already rising inflation. A failure in basic economics.

https://www.garoweonline.com/en/new...-currency-and-inflation-crisis-in-its-history

How can this pathetic state be better than anything when it thinks by printing its own currency it can change the economic environment for the better, civil servants are not paid, soldiers are not paid, businesses closing, but WE ARE BETTER THAN SOMALILAND is your priority soomaha.

Stop focusing on us and fix your problems, Brokeland.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
Why these Puntlanders always trying to compare themselves with SL, you guys are forcing your residents at gunpoint to use fake printed money, to avoid already rising inflation. A failure in basic economics.

https://www.garoweonline.com/en/new...-currency-and-inflation-crisis-in-its-history

How can this pathetic state be better than anything when it thinks by printing its own currency it can change the economic environment for the better, civil servants are not paid, soldiers are not paid, businesses closing, but WE ARE BETTER THAN SOMALILAND is your priority soomaha.

Stop focusing on us and fix your problems, Brokeland.
We would never compare ourselves to Somaliland that is an insult, it's the World Bank report. Lets not forget Somaliland prints fake money and it has lost almost 1/3 of it's value.

Why won't you read the study? :wow:

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
The point I'm trying to make is not that Somaliland is better than Puntland on any of these measures and that's why the report is problematic. It's that the level is so low across the board it is meaningless to make a distinction. We are all so low, that any comparative measure will be incapable of capturing the realities and variances.
So now you are saying the report is problematic because we are all poor so it doesn't matter? Numbers are incapable of capturing the realities and variances. Are you... ok in the head bro? :ohhh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts