Somaliland Yemeni Diaspora hold elections to elect a new leader for their community

The Jabarti Take Over Is Happening

giphy.gif

So you don't allow dual citizenship or is it only for naturalized citizens? What about your politicians with western passports?
Somalia also used to forbid dual citizenship back in the day. Now i think they changed it in the constitution

Dual citizenship is only allowed for naturalized citizens and some policians have foreign passport.

Somalia has not revised it citizenship law since 1962 according to that law "citizenship can be provided to anyone whose father is Somali or who is ethnically Somali and who renounces claim to any other nationality"

And for an alien:

Screenshot_20210816-004919_OneDrive.jpg

Som

VIP
Dual citizenship is only allowed for naturalized citizens and some policians have foreign passport.

Somalia has not revised it citizenship law since 1962 according to that law "citizenship can be provided to anyone whose father is Somali or who is ethnically Somali and who renounces claim to any other nationality"
I think they changed it in the new provisional constitution.
Anyway I think it's unfair to subject ethnic somalis to the same requirement as non somalis. As a pan somalist I would prefer that all somali countries would have a fast path to citizenship for ethnic somalis in the same way the EU has fast track citizenship for foreigners who are from other European countries.

I think they changed it in the new provisional constitution.
Anyway I think it's unfair to subject ethnic somalis to the same requirement as non somalis. As a pan somalist I would prefer that all somali countries would have a fast path to citizenship for ethnic somalis in the same way the EU has fast track citizenship for foreigners who are from other European countries.

The provisional constitution only opens the door to revise the old citizenship law of 1962 and enact a new one and that hasn't happend yet, to my knowledge, so the old one is stil valid.

Screenshot_20210816-011844_OneDrive.jpg

The arabs are creating a community leader program, not a request for citizenship or voting. Why do Somalians care to begin with. We can allow productive foreigners in our country and you can allow AMISOM, Ethiopian and Kenyan armies and AL shabab in yours :samwelcome:

Som

VIP
The arabs are creating a community leader program, not a request for citizenship or voting. Why do Somalians care to begin with. We can allow productive foreigners in our country and you can allow AMISOM, Ethiopian and Kenyan armies and AL shabab in yours :samwelcome:
Somalians share your same blood. My self i have half of my family in Somaliland and half in Somalia. Hargeysa, Djibouti, Mogadishu, Jigjiga and Garissa are my home even if they are in different countries.
At this point I have no hope of reunification but the somali nation should still be bonded by our common heritage.

Trending

Latest posts