Somaliland Yemeni Diaspora hold elections to elect a new leader for their community

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Bad precedent, Arabs will take over your city.
Nigga these are refugees. No refugee can take over their guest country city
giphy.gif

Som

VIP
They're no longer refuges but a contributing community in JSL and it's good for them to have an elected leader that will represent them and address matters that are important for them to SL govt
Is SL planning to give them citizenship after some time? The former pre war Somalia gave citizenship to yemeni immigrants and their children

Is SL planning to give them citizenship after some time? The former pre war Somalia gave citizenship to yemeni immigrants and their children
I don't think so as the law of citizenship in SL as those who resided in SL before 1960 are eligible for citenship

1 day you niggas hate oromos the next day you want them to become citizens :stressed:

I never hate Oromos. That would be like hating Somali.

I wish Oromos can come to Galmudug. We will treat them with the respect they deserve. Oromos look like us, they can be Somalinized, once they learn the language and culture. I wish I could swap the bantu population in south Somalia with Oromos. Oromo's are good looking and look like us.

I would NEVER welcome a Yemeni. They are xasaad people, all arabs are xasaad. Somaliland made a HUGE mistake

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
I never hate Oromos. That would be like hating Somali.

I wish Oromos can come to Galmudug. We will treat them with the respect they deserve. Oromos look like us, they can be Somalinized, once they learn the language and culture. I wish I could swap the bantu population in south Somalia with Oromos. Oromo's are good looking and look like us.

I would NEVER welcome a Yemeni. They are xasaad people, all arabs are xasaad. Somaliland made a HUGE mistake
Oromos want to take Somali inhabited land but yemenis are poor refugees and they are not a thread

how many are there in Somaliland? I didn't think SL would let refugees vote.

also why are they speaking arabic? being refugees I would have thought they would put effort into learning Somali
Technically Arabic is an official language of Somaliland, so they can speak Arabic if they want to

You support this?

If you come to a country, abide by it laws, pay taxes and you have lived there for a decade or more, why not.

I live in country where my family, and I, are citizens after same principles, why would I deny that for other people.

Large frontline ethnicities are seen by locals as a demographic threat. Dont forget Afweyne tried to use Qoti refugees against SNM liberation movement. Small groups like a few Yemenis and even Hararis are expected to integrate better without inciting locals

Yup. My father was an OLF commander in the late 1970s/early 80's, and even had several discussions with siad barre, was given a monthly salary and a nice place to crash at while training.
My father left due to several disagreements, one of which is, he didn't wanna get involved in the inter-somali conflicts [SNM vs Somali army]