Somaliland Yemeni Diaspora hold elections to elect a new leader for their community

Large frontline ethnicities are seen by locals as a demographic threat. Dont forget Afweyne tried to use Qoti refugees against SNM liberation movement. Small groups like a few Yemenis and even Hararis are expected to integrate better without inciting locals

You mean we cuz last time I checked you're citizen of jamuriyadda barikasan
:fantasia2:

Teah true same treatment should e given to Oromos but you know we're xenophobic towards them

You should give the Oromo the same privileges too

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
You mean we cuz last time I checked you're citizen of jamuriyadda barikasan :fantasia2:

Teah true same treatment should e given to Oromos but you know we're xenophobic towards them
Give Oromo rights and they’ll will be making claims on the land in 5 years. Watch out :damedamn:
I still miss our sweet dir dhabo, my grandfather used to be an imam of biggest mosque there, now it’s overpopulated with Oromo and they’re saying it’s theres
:jcoleno:

Based

VIP
You should give the Oromo the same privileges too
No. They are Africans and Ethiopia is more stable than Somalia why are they coming here and stirring shit? Yemen is war torn and their people need our help. Oromo is here to expand Oromia into Somali lands.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
how many are there in Somaliland? I didn't think SL would let refugees vote.

also why are they speaking arabic? being refugees I would have thought they would put effort into learning Somali

Last edited:
I was there not long ago. Yemenis are productive members of society. They refuse to beg like the syrians. They would open restaurants and serve yemeni food (breakfast/dinner) similar to how they are in the middle east. They would also work trade jobs, I see some building an office space before. And on the coast they fish with the locals. Brought their boats over from Yemen. Many learn Somali, my local yemeni cafeteria they spoke Somali. Said they been there 5 years.

I feel for the Syrians and their situation but they should behave like the Yemeni's. You can come to a poor country and beg.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
@piracy there's nothing wrong with them speaking only in Arabic when Arabic is the official language of both Somaliland and Somalia
I guess? but wouldn't it be better to learn somali since the public uses somali. most of the citizens of Somaliland don't know arabic

I guess? but wouldn't it be better to learn somali since the public uses somali. most of the citizens of Somaliland don't know arabic

I don't think they want to learn Somali, they'll probably expect there to be enough Arabic speakers for them to interact with. Hargeisa is becoming a global city and many native SL citizens there do speak Arabic in actual fact......you won't find Arabs outside Hargeisa

how many are there in Somaliland? I didn't think SL would let refugees vote.

also why are they speaking arabic? being refugees I would have thought they would put effort into learning Somali
Yemenis in Somaliland or Somalia usually learn the language but it takes time until they become fluent at it

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
I don't think they want to learn Somali, they'll probably expect there to be enough Arabic speakers for them to interact with. Hargeisa is becoming a global city and many native SL citizens there do speak Arabic in actual fact......you won't find Arabs outside Hargeisa
Its not a problem but lets say their kids get born and raised in SL they must learn somali the same way we somalis in the west learnt the language of the countries we live in

Trending

Latest posts