Somaliland finance minister: Reer Las Anod have no culture or religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Can you imagine china securing a solar energy from Puntland and laying down those solar panels through the desert and exporting it to China as back-up energy for it's green run factories. It's a matter of time with things like the Paris agreement happening forcing countries to limit it's carbon footprint which means switching to green energy because they can't reduce their production so they will need to switch it's energy form.

Puntland all covered in solar panels in the desert!!!! Awesome. It will probably be the new oil trade who knows.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
Big lands mean nothing if it has no resources. Most of the resources in Somalia are in the south-central and north-west. With the right investment, the Afgoye corridor alone can produce more revenue in a month than Puntland revenue in the entire year.

4.%20Somalia%20natural%20resources%20map%20cia%202002.jpg
Most of Somalia fishing industry is in the north east and one of the largest fishing stocks in Africa, none of the resources in the north west you show have been proven to be commercially exploitable only fishing has.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
Can you imagine china securing a solar energy from Puntland and laying down those solar panels through the desert and exporting it to China as back-up energy for it's green run factories. It's a matter of time with things like the Paris agreement happening forcing countries to limit it's carbon footprint which means switching to green energy because they can't reduce their production so they will need to switch it's energy form.

Puntland all covered in solar panels in the desert!!!! Awesome. It will probably be the new oil trade who knows.
It has the best potential for renewable energy such as solar and wind which is why the first and only renewable energy power plant is in Garowe.

Bohol

VIP
Most of Somalia fishing industry is in the north east and one of the largest fishing stocks in Africa, none of the resources in the north west you show have been proven to be commercially exploitable only fishing has.

It is about the potential. The North West has everything Puntland has + much more. The south
has everything both have + much more. Reer Waqooyi don't eat fish that much that is why fish processing factories weren't set up. They are getting into it nowadays though.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
It is about the potential. The North West has everything Puntland has + much more. The south has everything both have + much more. Reer Waqooyi don't eat fish that much that is why fish processing
factories weren't set up. They are getting into it nowadays though.

It has not been proven commercially. You can find occurrences of minerals in Bari and all over Somalia too but that doesn't prove anything. Fishing factories were not set up in Somaliland because it doesn't have the same potential as in Puntland, it's a matter of geography. Bari has a larger continental shelf which makes it ideal for trawling hence why Siad Barre government started fishing coops there in places such as Qandala Calula and Hafun when the Italians donated the large fishing trawlers known as SHIFCO. Somaliland has little to no potential in agriculture, only the south does there's scarce raining in Somaliland and no permanent rivers.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
They gonna have to store that excess energy somewhere as factories can't wait for it to topped up daily, they just wanna buy it and start running it's energy for it's country. PL is the greatest potential as it has wind and sun is greatest reliable quantity compared to anywhere else in Somalia.

I guess that desert has paid off loooooooooooool. We are going to have stiff competition from arabian deserts and australian deserts though. But we can beat them on price as it will far cheaper in Somalia as the cost of workers is lower and cost of everything is basically third world. If we can add expertise and quality, we will own the market place.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It is about the potential. The North West has everything Puntland has + much more. The south
has everything both have + much more. Reer Waqooyi don't eat fish that much that is why fish processing factories weren't set up. They are getting into it nowadays though.

Im proud of my desert Bohol, it will generate billions into my economy if we have the right government set up and reliability and skilled workforce in energy sector. That desert will be blooming with solar panels and wind farms, sent to the port via trucks, rail, air maybe and then shipped to our partners. Will require huge investments in the port though for those activities to begin and better infrastructure from the desert to Bosaso.

Why you so angry at Puntland always sxb? we are set and ready to go, we will find ways to benefit from our environment, go shove those farms. Energy is the biggest sector nowadays and it heading towards a transformation around the world from fossil fuels to green.

Bohol

VIP
@Cotton Eyed Joe Somaliland has more agriculture potential than Puntland. It gets more rain, has more fertile soil + larger underground water. However, indeed it can't be compared
to the agriculture potential of the south.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
@Bohol fertile and agricultural land of Absame in DDSI feed your people though.

Somaliland has max a population of around 2 million and is a desert.This includes all regions of "traditional" somaliland.
:shookgabre:
Minerals , mines etc need extensive chemical processes to reap a profit from the resources.Most of the oil is in hostile regions and all are familiar of the resource trap.
:mjlol:

Bohol

VIP
@Bohol fertile and agricultural land of Absame in DDSI feed your people though.

Nonsense. The Ogaden can't even feed themselves. The vegetables and fruits Hargeisa
gets is usually from three sources: local, Oromia region and south Somalia. The bananas
I use to eat my basto and rice with in Hargeisa were imported from south Somalia.

Nonsense. The Ogaden can't even feed themselves. The vegetables and fruits Hargeisa
gets is usually from three sources: local, Oromia region and south Somalia. The bananas
I use to eat my basto and rice with in Hargeisa were imported from south Somalia.
How much is imported from south Somalia? I highly doubt that they can provide food in the north.

Bohol

VIP
Somaliland has max a population of around 2 million and is a desert.This includes all regions of "traditional" somaliland.
:shookgabre:
Minerals , mines etc need extensive chemical processes to reap a profit from the resources.Most of the oil is in hostile regions and all are familiar of the resource trap.
:mjlol:

Somaliland is a not a desert. It is semi-arid savannah with large forests and farming areas.

Bohol

VIP
How much is imported from south Somalia? I highly doubt that they can provide food in the north.

Most of the bananas are imported from the south (Hiiraan region). Hiiraan is not that far. However fruits like watermelon, guava etc are grown all over in the local areas.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Bohol

Larger underground water? WTF. We have underground water wells also plus we collect rain-water thru dams through-out the nation. We don't rely on one source of water and don't speak about water with SL shocking water coverage, it's the disgrace of all Somalia. Your major cities are even water shortages lol

Bohol

VIP
@Bohol

Larger underground water? WTF. We have underground water wells also plus we collect rain-water thru dams through-out the nation. We don't rely on one source of water and don't speak about water with SL shocking water coverage, it's the disgrace of all Somalia. Your major cities are even water shortages lol

I guess you missed the findings by the British Geological Survey. Oodweyne/Western
Togdheer has the largest amount of underground water reserves in entire Somalia.
Hargeisa city is the yellow it has problems with water shortages but other areas don't.

kW2mFry.jpg

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Puntland has the best coverage for water out of all Somalia. Our nomads have water wells plus dams in each state today that's 2 sources of water one from the sky and one from underground. We got our major cities all water sufficient, never heard of a water shortage in any major puntland town plus it's actually piped to most properties. Somaliland has water shortages in Hargeisa let alone anywhere else looooooooool

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I guess you missed the findings by the British Geological Survey. Oodweyne/Western
Togdheer has the largest amount of underground water reserves in entire Somalia.
Hargeisa city is the yellow it has problems with water shortages but other areas don't.

kW2mFry.jpg

Most continents sit on water, our whole planet was covered in water, continents are like shelves on top of a vast body of ocean which is also underneath the continental shelf. I highly doubt their is much variation at all and can't think of any reason for it. It's like saying pacific ocean has more water then the indian ocean yet both have HEAPS looooooool

Bohol

VIP
Most continents sit on water, our whole planet was covered in water, continents are like shelves on top of a vast body of ocean which is also underneath the continental shelf. I highly doubt their is much variation at all and can't think of any reason for it. It's like saying pacific ocean has more water then the indian ocean yet both have HEAPS looooooool

It matters a lot. Somaliland already gets more rain than Puntland + it has a larger
underground water reserves (the enitre Oodweyne district and western Togdheer/
eastern Waqooyi Galbeed is in the high aquifier category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending