Somaliland & DDS Common Destiny

With the Berbera Port & Corridor development underway, the 2 sister cities of Hargeisa & Jigjiga are from now on joined together & will usher in a new era of prosperity for the 2 nations. Soomaali Galbeed iyo Soomaali Waqooyi haa noolaato :rejoice:

wl-berbera-11.jpg
VU9VB85.jpg
images (6).jpeg
Du9ZPAmXcAIE2Gv.jpg
IMG_85E14D-091D9E-21F1FE-12E5F6-040C1C-8C955A.jpg

Last edited:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Wish we had rail instead. 4x lower costs per tonne-mile and moves goods faster (less bureaucracy).

Wish we had rail instead. 4x lower costs per tonne-mile and moves goods faster (less bureaucracy).
There was a railway designed for Berbera to Harar in the 1900s but sadly wasn't implimented. I have no doubt a high speed rail will be built in the future. This is just the beginning :fittytousand:

60696-1.jpg
60696_2-1.jpg

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Your competing against a 'djibouti' who secured Ethiopian market. U need to find a new lifeline beyond trade, not just copy djibouti. This shows me the lack of 'innovation' and 'brainpower' of SL. Your based on COPY.

Besides I seen Ethiopian Market, it's small item 'trades' and construction materials. It's not developed market place because the people can only afford basic items. It's nothing like securing a developed market.

I am already suggesting to PL, to begin going to developed markets and find out 'skill shortages' and 'sectors' that are not filled locally so PL can focus on filling those GAPS for developed nations while making good 'coin' as they have strong purchasing power beyond 'Birr' lol. While Your still stuck 'copying' Djibouti and connecting to one of the poorest nations in the world. But more so then 'external' trade I found if we can increase our people's wallet size, we won't need 'external' trade like the western world who focuses on 'internal' trade since their is more money internally then externally.

I do prefer the internal 'economic' policies, I am studying internal economics how to empower puntites so then we can focus on internal trade model not external trade model. External trade is connected to shaky politics and geopolitical consideration. It's also highly dependent that nation is stable which is unlikely for horn of africa with it's weak institutions, lack of reconcilation, and strong man policies. It's explosive region and unreliable for any nation to tie it's economic gdp to.

By connecting to Ethiopia, your GDP can never out-grow Ethiopia since their both connected.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@merka the west relies on 'services' sector. 90% of it's economy not ports. I am looking at how to create PL internal economy thru banking and encouraging 'start ups'. That's how most modern successful countries operate. Poor countries operate an economy on 'exports' like your trying to do, you see no hope in Isaaq dee weeye. U see hope in Habash. Wa CEEB niyahow. Can't your ppl do 'start ups' and forget external trade like modern countries?

I have identified for a successful internal economical model, you need an engine and that is banking sector and loans to happen so they employ locals while providing a service that is needed locally. The more your locals do this the more tax revenues your govt generates. It's not about 'exports' and 'trade'. It's about keeping 90% of your GDP local not connected to anyone but yourself. Your behind as usual as Isaaq due to lack of BRAIN POWER.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Your competing against a 'djibouti' who secured Ethiopian market. U need to find a new lifeline beyond trade, not just copy djibouti. This shows me the lack of 'innovation' and 'brainpower' of SL. Your based on COPY.

Besides I seen Ethiopian Market, it's small item 'trades' and construction materials. It's not developed market place because the people can only afford basic items. It's nothing like securing a developed market.

I am already suggesting to PL, to begin going to developed markets and find out 'skill shortages' and 'sectors' that are not filled locally so PL can focus on filling those GAPS for developed nations while making good 'coin' as they have strong purchasing power beyond 'Birr' lol. While Your still stuck 'copying' Djibouti and connecting to one of the poorest nations in the world. But more so then 'external' trade I found if we can increase our people's wallet size, we won't need 'external' trade like the western world who focuses on 'internal' trade since their is more money internally then externally.

I do prefer the internal 'economic' policies, I am studying internal economics how to empower puntites so then we can focus on internal trade model not external trade model. External trade is connected to shaky politics and geopolitical consideration. It's also highly dependent that nation is stable which is unlikely for horn of africa with it's weak institutions, lack of reconcilation, and strong man policies. It's explosive region and unreliable for any nation to tie it's economic gdp to.

By connecting to Ethiopia, your GDP can never out-grow Ethiopia since their both connected.

Never heard the phrase that working together we could be greater than the sum of its parts?

If we develop the high dense regions like Addis Ababa it could lead to that market growing and in turn providing more opportunities for north Somalia.

Birr might be useless now but you'll see it differently once that place becomes a megacity.

Why compete with the whole world to provide services to developed markets when you can dominate the regional hub.

At most your share of the developed market would be a fraction of a percentage while you can easily gain majority market share in the dir dawa to Addis route potentially worth tens of billions.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Never heard the phrase that working together we could be greater than the sum of its parts?

If we develop the high dense regions like Addis Ababa it could lead to that market growing and in turn providing more opportunities for north Somalia.

Birr might be useless now but you'll see it differently once that place becomes a megacity.

Why compete with the whole world to provide services to developed markets when you can dominate the regional hub.

At most your share of the developed market would be a fraction of a percentage while you can easily gain majority market share in the dir dawa to Addis route potentially worth tens of billions.

Stop saying 'trade' identify what is being 'traded' before tagging 'billions' to it. We can measure the items, quanties, 12 month period and tell you exactly it's not 'billions'. Besides all you can collect on it is a 'measly' tax not the 'item worth'.

Your still stuck in old 3rd world economics of tying your economy to someone else. No first world country economy is tied to others, majority is 'internal' and service orientated. Your still operating on Siyad Barre system another 'darod' inspired crap of 'trade'. U need to leave the 'trade' based idealogy, it's been in Somalia since 'Adal' time. It's time to upgrade and innovate, start focusing on internal economy. Create banks and encourage locals to adopt a 'loan' culture and create 'services' that SL lacks, thru this they employ people, thru this your professional sector grows as they need to provide professional services, your govt grows also as they need to develop complex laws as time goes on.

The trade outlook is 'bleak' in Africa and a terrible model for Africans. Rwanda is a promsing Model. Tie yourself to 'developed' nations to inject 'capacity' and begin 'internal' based economics. Make your people self sufficient thru themselves. Trade idealogy requires a 'superpower' market like America or Europe, not a 3rd world nation like Ethiopia. I am not sure how u can demonstrate growth from an economy that can barely produce the same level GDP of one city in America? America GDP is so strong due to internal focus of 'services' they just provide banking sector for that to happen.

Djibouti Corridor
Djibouti 623,891
Dire Dawa 440,000
Addis Ababa 3,384,569
Total 4,448,460

Berbera Corridor
Berbera 242,344
Hargeisa 961,630
Jigjiga 277,560
Harar 246,000
Dire Dawa 440,000
Addis Ababa 3,384,569
Total 5,552,103

Berbera trade route is more profitable & serves a larger population than Djibouti. It has traditionally been the trade gateway for the horn of Africa. The reason why Djibouti gained prominence was due to Berbera being more risky investment. Now that investment is coming Berbera will take back its rightful place as the trade centre for the region inshaAllah.

I'll leave to your internal economic policy while we do ours. May we both be successful.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@DR OSMAN dont derail this thread with your fkd beef. Please stick to the topic

Your not innovating, your copying siyad policies of 'trade' ports who began this economic direction. Your always under a fkn darod mind always, it's sad, when u can't produce something uniquely isaaq for Somalis to learn from. I put it down to IQ of nations, as the corridor you speak of is 63 and even lower then Somalia. PL corridor is Oman for centuries, we are tied to 80 IQ culture. The differences in our minds could possibly be explained this way. But there is no way your telling me your tied to Ethiopia 63 IQ while being 80. That's like saying Whites who are 100 are tied to Aborigine culture of 40 IQ. Higher IQ societies 'disassociate' from lower IQ cultures not 'mingle'. Only mingling happens when you are similar IQ. PL is similar IQ to Oman while SL is Similar IQ to Ethiopia. Hence my argument for your leadership is strengthened using IQ.

Your not innovating, your copying siyad policies of 'trade' ports who began this economic direction. Your always under a fkn darod mind always, it's sad, when u can't produce something uniquely isaaq for Somalis to learn from. I put it down to IQ of nations, as the corridor you speak of is 63 and even lower then Somalia. PL corridor is Oman for centuries, we are tied to 80 IQ culture. The differences in our minds could possibly be explained this way. But there is no way your telling me your tied to Ethiopia 63 IQ while being 80. That's like saying Whites who are 100 are tied to Aborigine culture of 40 IQ. Higher IQ societies 'disassociate' from lower IQ cultures not 'mingle'. Only mingling happens when you are similar IQ. PL is similar IQ to Oman while SL is Similar IQ to Ethiopia. Hence my argument for your leadership is strengthened using IQ.
I'd take a 100 million population market over IQ any day sxb. Salaam

How I feel reading your IQ posts:reallymaury:

ezgif.com-optimize (1).gif

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I'd take a 100 million population market over IQ any day sxb. Salaam

Population without IQ means 'basic' products, means low rate of return on taxation. You don't understand IQ method on GDP do you? your IQ is judged on what you produce. Ethiopia produces bananas, something that was achived 10000 years ago bro. Your similar to Oromo notice how u r emotional over power and SNM, like their emotional over Oromia? you have mixed with 63 IQ nation and your brainpower has become such and you are attempting to lower 80 IQ regions with that. If u study Oromo carefully it has all the hallmarks of Isaaq. Constant crying of abuses, their highly tribal, anti habash like isaaq is anti darod. U see, u just copy n pasted 63 IQ culture, your outcome in Somalia will result like oromo experience in ethiopia. Isaaq will live like that with 80 IQ Mj and 67 IQ Hawiye looking down on you. Your even copying siyad barre policy, nothing uniquely Isaaq. Besides Djibouti will probably play u also by taking larger items for djibouti port while giving u the the 'bagaash' items kkkkk saying u handle that, meaning less taxes. That's only if Djibouti port becomes to busy which itself is highly unlikely due to ethiopia GDP being less then 1 city in America.
w
U dont understand GDP isnt tied to population it's tied to product, it doesnt matter if your 1 billion or 1 million. 1 million ppl could have higher product needs then 1 billion ethiopians. U want me to demonstrate one city in Australia to you? @Teeri-Alpha No wonder u want to segregate from ethiopia, I don't blame u. Nigga thinks GDP is based on population and not the products a society need? lol. 1 million city could have more PRODUCT NEEDS then 1 billion peasant OROMO ur trying to service. Those Oromo peasants I have seen their product needs, it's just 'food' basic commodities, cheap ass phone that is chinese knock off.

Last edited:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Stop saying 'trade' identify what is being 'traded' before tagging 'billions' to it. We can measure the items, quanties, 12 month period and tell you exactly it's not 'billions'. Besides all you can collect on it is a 'measly' tax not the 'item worth'.

Your still stuck in old 3rd world economics of tying your economy to someone else. No first world country economy is tied to others, majority is 'internal' and service orientated. Your still operating on Siyad Barre system another 'darod' inspired crap of 'trade'. U need to leave the 'trade' based idealogy, it's been in Somalia since 'Adal' time. It's time to upgrade and innovate, start focusing on internal economy. Create banks and encourage locals to adopt a 'loan' culture and create 'services' that SL lacks, thru this they employ people, thru this your professional sector grows as they need to provide professional services, your govt grows also as they need to develop complex laws as time goes on.

The trade outlook is 'bleak' in Africa and a terrible model for Africans. Rwanda is a promsing Model. Tie yourself to 'developed' nations to inject 'capacity' and begin 'internal' based economics. Make your people self sufficient thru themselves. Trade idealogy requires a 'superpower' market like America or Europe, not a 3rd world nation like Ethiopia. I am not sure how u can demonstrate growth from an economy that can barely produce the same level GDP of one city in America? America GDP is so strong due to internal focus of 'services' they just provide banking sector for that to happen.

Dude your always stuck in your own bubble. Come down to the level of us mortals and stick to the topic.

What's being traded is what the population of 100 million need in Ethiopia.

Sure most are subsistence farmers but the urban population is worth developing.

Most the stuff they import is fmcg from Europe and Asia.

The advantage we have over those suppliers is that were 6 times closer so we could spend a lot less in transportation costs... At least 10%.

We also don't have an expensive currency so that's another 10-20% discount.

We're more familiar with the people and market dynamics so we could move faster and provide an overall better solution/product.

Tens of millions of urban inhabitants spending tens of thousands each year if you add up their daily expenses and capital expenses per capita of their work places.

If they earn $500/month then you can guess that they're creating at least $20-30,000 of value each year... 70% of that will go towards capex and other expenses.

If we control just 10% of that's over 10-30 billion dollars of business.

Believe it or not but Ethiopia will be a 500+ billion dollars economy by 2030.

Who says we're just interested in taxing them at the ports.

If it was me I'd sign an FTA and openly compete with xabashi firms with no protectionism

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Dude your always stuck in your own bubble. Come down to the level of us mortals and stick to the topic.

What's being traded is what the population of 100 million need in Ethiopia.

Sure most are subsistence farmers but the urban population is worth developing.

Most the stuff they import is fmcg from Europe and Asia.

The advantage we have over those suppliers is that were 6 times closer so we could spend a lot less in transportation costs... At least 10%.

We also don't have an expensive currency so that's another 10-20% discount.

We're more familiar with the people and market dynamics so we could move faster and provide an overall better solution/product.

Tens of millions of urban inhabitants spending tens of thousands each year if you add up their daily expenses and capital expenses per capita of their work places.

If they earn $500/month then you can guess that they're creating at least $20-30,000 of value each year... 70% of that will go towards capex and other expenses.

If we control just 10% of that's over 10-30 billion dollars of business.

Believe it or not but Ethiopia will be a 500+ billion dollars economy by 2030.

500 billion economy/80 million is 6k GDP per capita for each Ethiopian a year. Is that what your saying? loooooooooooool. Nigga it's not about population u don't understand GDP. 1 person could have 10 iphones in Australia, 2 houses, 3 cars, and disposable income in investment. He spends 1k a week. His population even if one million will outstrip the 80 million ethiopian who have nothing beyond spending money on 'anjeero' and 'clothes' and even their clothes are not 'new' so they hardly buy new clothes often. What else is there in terms of activity from this 80 million peasants?

Lol somalis still think large population means large GDP, nigga go learn GDP, it's about your products as nation made in a financial year. Products can be services, trade, minerals, goods, anything. It's measured based on one year only. Now show me the product made in Ethiopia? farming products lol hahhahahaha u want me to divide that for 80 million ppl. I am targetting highly sophisticated economies who have large GDP not Large population, because t rade is based on PRODUCTS NOT PPL, WE AINT TRADING PPL NIYAHOW

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I guess DP World and UAE should've read Ditoores IQ dissertation before investing half a billion in Berbera :jcoleno:

Yeah they don't know when they start figures u need to show proof. They need to show 6k worth of product or income for this nigga financial year. Just one of them not all.
2018_12_05_4268-Edit.jpg

If he wants to claim 500 billion GDP for ethiopia. Yet he is promoting 'tying' himself to Ethiopia.

That is only 1 year niyahow, not a lifetime here. 'Cilmi' la'antooda waxay keeni karta inay somaliland waqti kaga dhumiyan 20 sano on wrong policies.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
500 billion economy/80 million is 6k GDP per capita for each Ethiopian a year. Is that what your saying? loooooooooooool. Nigga it's not about population u don't understand GDP. 1 person could have 10 iphones in Australia, 2 houses, 3 cars, and disposable income in investment. He spends 1k a week. His population even if one million will outstrip the 80 million ethiopian who have nothing beyond spending money on 'anjeero' and 'clothes' and even their clothes are not 'new' so they hardly buy new clothes often. What else is there in terms of activity from this 80 million peasants?

Lol somalis still think large population means large GDP, nigga go learn GDP, it's about your products as nation made in a financial year. Products can be services, trade, minerals, goods, anything. It's measured based on one year only. Now show me the product made in Ethiopia? farming products lol hahhahahaha u want me to divide that for 80 million ppl. I am targetting highly sophisticated economies who have large GDP not Large population, because t rade is based on PRODUCTS NOT PPL, WE AINT TRADING PPL NIYAHOW

Do you know what GDP entails?

If I take a shit I would just have contributed a couple dollars to the GDP because of the business (pun intended) I just created.

100 million - 120 million by 2030 could easily reach a GDP per capita of $5-6,000 per year by 2030.

It's almost $1,500-2,000 now and the mass infrastructure development has just begun.

The main bulk would come from large state corporations and rich city dwellers who will have a GDP per capita of over $10k

That'll soon be the standard rate in most of Africa and I doubt the xabashi would be that far behind the.

Median GDP per capita in capital cities around the world is closer to 20-30k and the number for the global population is $10k.